Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 ... 4131 Next page Last page  View All

camhead

Apr 5, 2013, 3:26 AM
Post #99001 of 103268 (1665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Hey Doc, I have some friends heading to the Gunks for the weekend who want to sleep in their car. Having never slept in my car there myself I don't know the beta. Ever had any problems sleeping in the West Trapps lot?

We crashed in the CRV for our first trip there, in the main Trapps parking lot. As long as you are low-key (as in, no spreading your shit out around outside your car, no tables, chairs, etc.), the rangers did not seem to really care.
West Trapps lot or the Stairmaster lot?

pretty sure they were in the west trapps lot. that might have been the original cross-coast BET meetup.

Durp. West Trapps.

camhead

Apr 5, 2013, 3:27 AM
Post #99002 of 103268 (1665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is nobody up right now.

camhead

Apr 5, 2013, 3:32 AM
Post #99003 of 103268 (1663 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoa, I already snagged the PTFTW!

Rough night. Went to Bad Religion show, had a great time. Even pulled the "I saw Offspring back in 1994" card to a couple punk kids in line. Wore me out, though, standing up for 5 hours straight. The PT is also keeping my bad leg in a permanent state of pain, so when I got home and got into bed, Drivel went to hump my leg, and I screamed out in agony.

Now I'm up after like 4 hrs of shitty sleep, ears are ringing something fierce, and I need to put together a lecture on the Federalist Papers. Ugh. And leaving for ten NRG this weekend, YESH!

camhead

Apr 5, 2013, 3:55 AM
Post #99004 of 103268 (1656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Fuckit. I'm showing them a video today.

lena_chita

Apr 5, 2013, 6:53 AM
Post #99005 of 103268 (1648 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Rough night. Went to Bad Religion show, had a great time. Even pulled the "I saw Offspring back in 1994" card to a couple punk kids in line. Wore me out, though, standing up for 5 hours straight. The PT is also keeping my bad leg in a permanent state of pain, so when I got home and got into bed, Drivel went to hump my leg, and I screamed out in agony.

Now I'm up after like 4 hrs of shitty sleep, ears are ringing something fierce, and I need to put together a lecture on the Federalist Papers. Ugh. And leaving for ten NRG this weekend, YESH!

How are you climbing at the NRG with your bad leg?

And the following weekend we are def up for RRG, right?

camhead

Apr 5, 2013, 7:06 AM
Post #99006 of 103268 (1643 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

I will be climbing carefully, and mostly on teh steeps. Not sure where we'll go yet, though. Summersville, most likely, since I really wanna see if I've still got an understanding with Apollo (though the approach will be tough).

And yeah, def the Red! Do you still have rockstar access for Muir?

lena_chita

Apr 5, 2013, 8:33 AM
Post #99007 of 103268 (1640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I will be climbing carefully, and mostly on teh steeps. Not sure where we'll go yet, though. Summersville, most likely, since I really wanna see if I've still got an understanding with Apollo (though the approach will be tough).

And yeah, def the Red! Do you still have rockstar access for Muir?

Yes. Can dribble come, too?

caughtinside

Apr 5, 2013, 8:49 AM
Post #99008 of 103268 (1636 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
It's 75* and sunny, and I'm having a really hard time not trucking across the street to the taco joint that has the best goddam margaritas I've ever had.

That iz awl.

Where is the problem? You can't walk these days?
Trying not to spend money, though in CO it's legal to have ridiculous drink specials, on Thursday's it's ladies night where you can get a 24 oz marg for $2.00.

I have a hard time believing that is not poisonous.

But I am easily poisoned by cheap margaritas.

dr_feelgood

Apr 5, 2013, 9:06 AM
Post #99009 of 103268 (1630 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Man, you must have been so bad ass back in the day.
Talkin' 'bout my generation!!!

snoopy138

Apr 5, 2013, 10:02 AM
Post #99010 of 103268 (1622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
It's 75* and sunny, and I'm having a really hard time not trucking across the street to the taco joint that has the best goddam margaritas I've ever had.

That iz awl.

I'm assuming you will be at work, but any chance you wuntz to climb at eldo or clear creek on monday 5/13?
Yeah at that point I won't have much PTO (just started new job Monday) and what I do have will go into the moving process.

Wanna get drunk?

well, there are family weeding shitz going on most of saturday and sunday, though I might be able to meet up saturday night. fly out of denver at 7 pm on monday, I'm hoping to go climbing for a 3/4 day.

snoopy138

Apr 5, 2013, 10:10 AM
Post #99011 of 103268 (1615 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

whoo! going to see them on the 18th. psyched. maybe I'll pull the "I saw Agnostic Front back in '98 (approximate)" and have kids look at me blankly. although last BR show I went to out here, the crowd was fairly old-ish.

camhead

Apr 5, 2013, 10:53 AM
Post #99012 of 103268 (1606 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

whoo! going to see them on the 18th. psyched. maybe I'll pull the "I saw Agnostic Front back in '98 (approximate)" and have kids look at me blankly. although last BR show I went to out here, the crowd was fairly old-ish.

Yeah. Greg Graffin is so old, chubby, and uncool that it is fucking punk rock.

carabiner96

Apr 5, 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #99013 of 103268 (1599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

I saw your picture on face space, you were totally in the old man section.

carabiner96

Apr 5, 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #99014 of 103268 (1599 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

That iz awl.

Where is the problem? You can't walk these days?
Trying not to spend money, though in CO it's legal to have ridiculous drink specials, on Thursday's it's ladies night where you can get a 24 oz marg for $2.00.

I have a hard time believing that is not poisonous.

But I am easily poisoned by cheap margaritas.
thats where these are weird, they're the perfect amount of sweet and don't have that syrupy 'cheap pre mixed' taste. For all I know there's no booze in it but I don't care.

snoopy138

Apr 5, 2013, 1:06 PM
Post #99015 of 103268 (1589 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

yeah, what is that up on the balcony (or whatever is going on there) bullshit?

Partner cracklover

Apr 5, 2013, 1:12 PM
Post #99016 of 103268 (1586 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

That iz awl.

SO psyched for margarita season to kick in.

Iz true. All the more for grilling season.

GO

camhead

Apr 6, 2013, 5:41 AM
Post #99017 of 103268 (1560 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

I decided I did no want a bunch of punk kids stomping on my foot in the pit.

dr_feelgood

Apr 6, 2013, 6:49 AM
Post #99018 of 103268 (1555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Pansy.

snoopy138

Apr 6, 2013, 6:01 PM
Post #99019 of 103268 (1532 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

having a bunch of kids stomping on your foot in the pit would have been fucking punk rock.

camhead

Apr 7, 2013, 5:37 AM
Post #99020 of 103268 (1509 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Realtime iPhone weekend report update from the toilet.

Went to beauty mtn yesterday with good crew. There is nothing but vertical stuff there, and it reminded me that the lispaul still has a long way to go before full recovery. TR'd three 5.10s and that was it. They were way harder than rrg 12s. Still, was a great day. Sun came out,
we got some shirtless time in, and just the hiking was good, too.

Decided to drown my lack of dignity in alcohol, so went to joes, sat on the porch drinking beer and playing mandolin. Then walked to diogis, where more beer and margies were consumed. Then went to some house party made up of mostly be dubble digit cockroach potheads, ate some undercooked burgers, shot the shit with some old friends, and drank more beer. Stumbled back to joes, played now mandolin, and fell asleep. My friend woke up at like 3am puking. Don't eat burgers cooked by underage cockroaches I guess. I was alright though.

Gonna go see if I have better luck on steep stuff today. We'll see. Real rock is harder than teh gym, who knew?

climbs4fun

Apr 7, 2013, 8:29 PM
Post #99021 of 103268 (1492 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

That iz awl.

SO psyched for margarita season to kick in.

It's always margarita "season."

climbs4fun

Apr 7, 2013, 8:34 PM
Post #99022 of 103268 (1486 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Went to beauty mtn yesterday with good crew. There is nothing but vertical stuff there, and it reminded me that the lispaul still has a long way to go before full recovery. TR'd three 5.10s and that was it. They were way harder than rrg 12s. Still, was a great day. Sun came out,

Decided to drown my lack of dignity in alcohol, so went to joes, sat on the porch drinking beer and playing mandolin. Then walked to diogis, where more beer and margies were consumed. Then went to some house party made up of mostly be dubble digit cockroach potheads, ate some undercooked burgers, shot the shit with some old friends, and drank more beer. Stumbled back to joes, played now mandolin, and fell asleep. My friend woke up at like 3am puking. Don't eat burgers cooked by underage cockroaches I guess. I was alright though.

Gonna go see if I have better luck on steep stuff today. We'll see. Real rock is harder than teh gym, who knew?

I told you it was going to take a lot longer to heal than you thought it would. It took several years before mine felt almost normal. Hell, I still had to stretch the heck out of it all weekend just to be able to function. It was 8 years ago. 9 in August.

camhead

Apr 8, 2013, 4:51 AM
Post #99023 of 103268 (1455 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
camhead wrote:

I told you it was going to take a lot longer to heal than you thought it would. It took several years before mine felt almost normal. Hell, I still had to stretch the heck out of it all weekend just to be able to function. It was 8 years ago. 9 in August.

Yes, ewe were right, but your facts did not fit my story.

Went to the steep cave yesterday. Was fun, and actually did some good dual footwork leads. But I only pretty much have two routes a day in me, before the foot just swells just and I can't even stand up to belay. For easier climbs, I just started wearing my super heavy duty hiking boot on the left, since it can still toe in on edges, and gives insane support.

lena_chita

Apr 8, 2013, 5:26 AM
Post #99024 of 103268 (1450 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
camhead wrote:

Yes, ewe were right, but your facts did not fit my story.

Went to the steep cave yesterday. Was fun, and actually did some good dual footwork leads. But I only pretty much have two routes a day in me, before the foot just swells just and I can't even stand up to belay. For easier climbs, I just started wearing my super heavy duty hiking boot on the left, since it can still toe in on edges, and gives insane support.

Still, a progress! How does hiking feel?
And boy-oh-boy, you guys really drink yourself shit-faced, without adult female supervision.

carabiner96

Apr 8, 2013, 3:29 PM
Post #99025 of 103268 (1409 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Halp.

I just registered for the Teva Mt Games this summer in bouldering (you're shocked, I know). It's an adaptive category. What can I do between now and then to not totally suck? I'm not trying to win but I don't want folks to be like 'ohh, look at the poor gimpy kid try really hard!'

Damn peer pressure.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 ... 4131 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook