RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Khoi

Apr 7, 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #1 of 2 (367 views)
Shortcut

Climbing partner needed for L.A. area crags Apr 12, 15, 16, and 17
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I will be staying with relatives in North Hills and Encino from Thursday, April 11 to Thursday April 18.

I'll have a car and I plan on checking out some of the local sport climbing spots on the week days, just day trips. I'm thinking about Williamson Rock, Malibu Creek, Echo Cliffs, and maybe Stoney Point and various places in the Santa Monicas.

Even though I have been visiting L.A. virtually every year since I was a young one, this will be my first time doing any rock climbing in the state! I am open to suggestions of other climbing areas.

On the weekend, I'll be taking my little cousins to the local climbing gyms, probably one of the Hanger 18 gyms.

I have rope and gear. I accidentally re-inflamed my forearm tendonitis at the beginning of the year so now I am only climbing in the 5.10s.

Any recommendations for climbing areas to not miss, or not bother with?

snoopy138

Apr 8, 2013, 9:21 AM
Post #2 of 2 (324 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Khoi] Climbing partner needed for L.A. area crags Apr 12, 15, 16, and 17 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Khoi wrote:
I will be staying with relatives in North Hills and Encino from Thursday, April 11 to Thursday April 18.

I'll have a car and I plan on checking out some of the local sport climbing spots on the week days, just day trips. I'm thinking about Williamson Rock, Malibu Creek, Echo Cliffs, and maybe Stoney Point and various places in the Santa Monicas.

Even though I have been visiting L.A. virtually every year since I was a young one, this will be my first time doing any rock climbing in the state! I am open to suggestions of other climbing areas.

On the weekend, I'll be taking my little cousins to the local climbing gyms, probably one of the Hanger 18 gyms.

I have rope and gear. I accidentally re-inflamed my forearm tendonitis at the beginning of the year so now I am only climbing in the 5.10s.

Any recommendations for climbing areas to not miss, or not bother with?

Williamson Rock has been closed for about 6 years.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$3.56 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook