Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

donald949

Apr 9, 2013, 4:53 PM
Post #42251 of 45342 (2796 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
seriously, I hate waking up "wrong" with a headache that just won't go away. it fucking puts a huge damper on the whole bleepin' day.

I can't relate... didnt go to sleep last night. I'm running on redbull and mate.

I'm four excedrine in and it hasn't gone away.

Try a bong

Several blows to the temple should do the trick.

[image]http://www.stanford.edu/~clint/yos/BSMC_30.jpg[/image]
I has knot seen one of those since the last time I wuz in the mountain shop in Yos, almost 5years ago?

donald949

Apr 9, 2013, 4:53 PM
Post #42252 of 45342 (2793 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
seriously, I hate waking up "wrong" with a headache that just won't go away. it fucking puts a huge damper on the whole bleepin' day.

I can't relate... didnt go to sleep last night. I'm running on redbull and mate.

Try a bong

I has knot seen one of those since the last time I wuz in the mountain shop in Yos, almost 5years ago?
didn't c the pt coming that soon.

Gmburns2000

Apr 9, 2013, 4:54 PM
Post #42253 of 45342 (2790 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

yup, it's a migraine. you guessed it.

Have you tried some acupressure points? Usually works for me.

I never have, no, but the thought has crossed my mind. Can't afford stuff these days. Going to start therapy soon and can't afford that. Had to talk the therapist down to half his normal price (he hasn't accepted this yet, but I'm hoping he will) and even that felt too expensive for me (his price is a good price, but I'm just fucking poor these days).

Gmburns2000

Apr 9, 2013, 4:55 PM
Post #42254 of 45342 (2788 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

that's a climbing piece?

donald949

Apr 9, 2013, 4:58 PM
Post #42255 of 45342 (2785 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
Plans to return to the crag on Friday; supposed to be 50 degrees and no wind.

Perfect temps, and I got on a total of 5 routes from 5.7 - 5.10a/b.

Although I didn't plan on it, I scrubbed a new line and led "Raven Song" at 5.7 directly up the middle of the cliff. Not too many remaining blanks on the Longstack map, but I'm sure I'll eek out a few more lines before I move.
well done

With 65+/- routes on the crag, I keep spying lines that I anticipate being the next big thing in the 10+ to 11 range, only to find hidden holds and features that top out at 5.9 or below. Coyote Rain was the 50 somethingth route we put up, through a 3' roof in a near vert wall, and it may well be the best 5.6 pitch in the state. Crazy
cool beans.

Gmburns2000

Apr 9, 2013, 4:58 PM
Post #42256 of 45342 (2781 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

that's a climbing piece?

sorry, sorry. this means content. sorry. it's the mental illness. I swear it won't happen again unless someone doesn't explain what it is correctly the first time.

donald949

Apr 9, 2013, 5:00 PM
Post #42257 of 45342 (2779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

that's a climbing piece?
No knot at awl.
Its a sustainable recycled door stop. Only costs slightly more than the rubber ones, but last forever.

Gmburns2000

Apr 9, 2013, 5:01 PM
Post #42258 of 45342 (2777 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

I never have, no, but the thought has crossed my mind. Can't afford stuff these days. Going to start therapy soon and can't afford that. Had to talk the therapist down to half his normal price (he hasn't accepted this yet, but I'm hoping he will) and even that felt too expensive for me (his price is a good price, but I'm just fucking poor these days).

therapy is to help with my adjustment to living here, and why the hell life seems so hard at times when I'm so much happier than I used to be. Just trying to make shit work.

donald949

Apr 9, 2013, 5:01 PM
Post #42259 of 45342 (2772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

that's a climbing piece?

sorry, sorry. this means content. sorry. it's the mental illness. I swear it won't happen again unless someone doesn't explain what it is correctly the first time.
No No, my mistake. I mentioned the mountain shop. but it s not really climbing related.

Gmburns2000

Apr 9, 2013, 5:02 PM
Post #42260 of 45342 (2770 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

that's a climbing piece?
No knot at awl.
Its a sustainable recycled door stop. Only costs slightly more than the rubber ones, but last forever.

I know, that was meant to be funny, and I got it to some degree, but I still don't have a clue as to what the hell it is.

donald949

Apr 9, 2013, 5:04 PM
Post #42261 of 45342 (2768 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Must, get, back, to, werk.
Got a pile of irons in the fire. Boss just came by a dropped in another. Got to get done today.
Plus one more I was working on before the PC++.
will keep me involved for the day.

donald949

Apr 9, 2013, 5:06 PM
Post #42262 of 45342 (2763 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

that's a climbing piece?
No knot at awl.

I know, that was meant to be funny, and I got it to some degree, but I still don't have a clue as to what the hell it is.
What it is, is what was said. But knot by me. I will give know moar klues.

edge

Apr 9, 2013, 5:08 PM
Post #42263 of 45342 (2747 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

Free: http://voices.yahoo.com/...-relief-4635933.html

I usually take my thumb and middle finger and pinch the opposite hand at the base of the webbing between thumb and index finger. Pinch hard for a minute (it will hurt at first, then subside) and then slowly begin massaging/moving in small circles the fingers on the hands doing the pinch. Do both hands.

Kartessa

Apr 9, 2013, 5:08 PM
Post #42264 of 45342 (2744 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
bout how felt last week.
now just tired tired tired.

Nope, I'm still FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

edge

Apr 9, 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #42265 of 45342 (2742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's a piton for wide cracks, pre-camming devices. There used to be a fixed one on Recompense and Black Crack (and maybe Repentance, methinks?) BITD.

Kartessa

Apr 9, 2013, 5:10 PM
Post #42266 of 45342 (2740 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
bout how felt last week.
now just tired tired tired.
Earlier in the year, I had a number of irons in the fire, things were looking pretty sweet. Three camping trips to the desert with my oldest and his scout troop, including a Jtree climbing trip. A weeklong family camping trip to Death Valley over Easter Break. Throw in a day or weekend od skiing. Pretty sweet. And if things were not too too crazy and I could swing it, meet with Kart and her feinds for a quick weekend in Jtree.
Turns out the quick weekend to Josh to meet Kart was the only thing that panned out.
Good thing I went too. Cause at that point I had only missed one camping trip. It was raining pretty hard here in town, but I went anyway since it seemed to be working out. Meet Kart, climb a little, camp a little, spend time with my younger son. I took my younger boy, since he was going to left out of all the boy scout trips, as hes only a cub scout. Something about liability, which I don't quite follow since cub scouts are part of the boy scout program, but supposedly thems the rules.
[/whinning]
Anyrate bag thanks out to Kart for the Josh invite.

Tee Hee... now it's NA's turn

Gmburns2000

Apr 9, 2013, 5:11 PM
Post #42267 of 45342 (2739 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Try a bong

Free: http://voices.yahoo.com/...-relief-4635933.html

I usually take my thumb and middle finger and pinch the opposite hand at the base of the webbing between thumb and index finger. Pinch hard for a minute (it will hurt at first, then subside) and then slowly begin massaging/moving in small circles the fingers on the hands doing the pinch. Do both hands.

will give it a try next time. thanks.

Gmburns2000

Apr 9, 2013, 5:13 PM
Post #42268 of 45342 (2736 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
It's a piton for wide cracks, pre-camming devices. There used to be a fixed one on Recompense and Black Crack (and maybe Repentance, methinks?) BITD.

In my current state, I'm inclined to believe there's a possibility it could be used for this in the same way a can of corn could be used, but I'm also skeptical.

I'm not mechanically inclined, but it looks like some sort of machining template.

donald949

Apr 9, 2013, 5:14 PM
Post #42269 of 45342 (2734 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Before I go one last thought.
I has teh weekend of April 26-28 to do what ever I want. Wife going uptown with the kids for a shower.
Now what would be cool, would be a weekend to Alabama Hills for sum kamping and spurt klipping. Or josh. Or Sespe. Or Suicide.
But I'm down for just about anything, long as its knot too hard like Esprit's Badwater-Whit-Giant Forest in 12 hours hikes. Crazy
Sew if anyone needs a partner, or belay slave for your project in return for a couple goes at sum moderates. I'm your man.

erisspirit

Apr 9, 2013, 5:19 PM
Post #42270 of 45342 (2723 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
epoch wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Tomorrow I'm doing cactus to something to something...

I think the original plan was to do cactus to clouds to cactus, but them I may do just cactus to clouds to tram... BUUUUUT depending on snow ( i hear there isn't much) I might do some other version...

all I know is I have a lot of uphill hiking in my near future
Gneiss!

I am probably going to sit on my ass and recuperate tomorrow. Sunday is going to be a water day and the way the waves/swell forecasts are it's going to be a big day for sure.

Next weekend is going to be another marathon backpacking weekend in SEKI. Early season FTW!

it was fun! had great weather, some snow but it was all pretty packed in and easy to traverse. I ended up doing cactus to clouds to tram (about 22 miles 10,500ish ft climbing and 2500 ft back to the tram... 4 in our group went all the way back to the trailhead adding an additional 10 miles and 8000 ft of descent on my trip

Egads, Erin! Out of curiosity for an aged armchair punter (me), how long does something like this take you?

it tooks us awhile we left at 4:30 am and was done 3:30 pm

the group that went all the way back to the trailhead took somewhere around 14 hours

erisspirit

Apr 9, 2013, 5:23 PM
Post #42271 of 45342 (2723 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
epoch wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Tomorrow I'm doing cactus to something to something...

I think the original plan was to do cactus to clouds to cactus, but them I may do just cactus to clouds to tram... BUUUUUT depending on snow ( i hear there isn't much) I might do some other version...

all I know is I have a lot of uphill hiking in my near future
Gneiss!

I am probably going to sit on my ass and recuperate tomorrow. Sunday is going to be a water day and the way the waves/swell forecasts are it's going to be a big day for sure.

Next weekend is going to be another marathon backpacking weekend in SEKI. Early season FTW!

it was fun! had great weather, some snow but it was all pretty packed in and easy to traverse. I ended up doing cactus to clouds to tram (about 22 miles 10,500ish ft climbing and 2500 ft back to the tram... 4 in our group went all the way back to the trailhead adding an additional 10 miles and 8000 ft of descent on my trip

I want to know how you guys fell into this circle of friends....

It's like you guys are sitting around on a Tuesday and all of a sudden get this idea to run rim-to-rim-to-rim in the Grand Canyon; then a random Thursday the thought pops up to traverse J-Tree; and this... it must have been a Wednesday musing to get everyone together and do not only the Cactus-to-Clouds, but then... THEN... reverse it back to the car. All in one day!

The folks I hang around with cringe at the thought of me running 3-4 miles a few days during lunch, let alone the miles on my backpacking weekends!

lol actually that's pretty accurate... I met a girl when doing the ACSD calendar, and one day we were chatting and she says hey wanna do the grand canyon rim to rim to rim? its in 2 weeks...

and I being of complete sound mind and body went "sure sounds great!"

and Matt also being equally sane said wow that looked like it was fun... jtree traverse? sounds good!

erisspirit

Apr 9, 2013, 5:23 PM
Post #42272 of 45342 (2723 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
epoch wrote:
It's a bear-seeking weekend.

Sounds smart

It is.

sierras? let me know how the snow (or lack of) is. We are toying with the idea of a run up there in a couple weeks if the snow has petty much gone... sadly we didn't get to enjoy much snow this year :(

Kartessa

Apr 9, 2013, 5:31 PM
Post #42273 of 45342 (2720 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Before I go one last thought.
I has teh weekend of April 26-28 to do what ever I want. Wife going uptown with the kids for a shower.
Now what would be cool, would be a weekend to Alabama Hills for sum kamping and spurt klipping. Or josh. Or Sespe. Or Suicide.
But I'm down for just about anything, long as its knot too hard like Esprit's Badwater-Whit-Giant Forest in 12 hours hikes. Crazy
Sew if anyone needs a partner, or belay slave for your project in return for a couple goes at sum moderates. I'm your man.

Come to RRG?

Partner epoch

Apr 9, 2013, 6:10 PM
Post #42274 of 45342 (2717 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
epoch wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
epoch wrote:
It's a bear-seeking weekend.

Sounds smart

It is.

sierras? let me know how the snow (or lack of) is. We are toying with the idea of a run up there in a couple weeks if the snow has petty much gone... sadly we didn't get to enjoy much snow this year :(

Where at?

I'll be in the lower elevations of Sequoia, but I will give a full snow report. The goods look pretty, well, good and are getting better. Seems there is an early spring thing going on, despite the 4" up high yesterday. Should mellow out in the mid-70s for us this weekend with lows in the upper 30s at night.

If you're toying with an idea to do something big in SEKI I can give a great recommendation or two. You guys should go for Whitney C2C in a day! Up Lone Pine to Mountaineers route and back.

edge

Apr 9, 2013, 6:21 PM
Post #42275 of 45342 (2706 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

In my current state, I'm inclined to believe there's a possibility it could be used for this in the same way a can of corn could be used, but I'm also skeptical.

I'm not mechanically inclined, but it looks like some sort of machining template.

This is what Harding wished he had on the FA of the Nose for the Stovelegs Crack, instead of using sawed off stove legs.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook