CollegeStudent

Apr 14, 2013, 1:41 AM
Post #1 of 31 (11618 views)
Shortcut

What is the perfect vehicle?
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello adventurers!

I'm not quite sure if this is in the right area, but please let me know if it isn't. I'm currently part of group for a college project and would greatly appreciate your input. Our task is to design a vehicle that is built for a specific purpose. We have decided on "adventurers" in general and would like to hear your ideas. We have decided on an suv type vehicle with specific details to help aid people in their goals. The specifics even go as far as specific connections on the outside of the vehicle for cameras such as GoPros. Please let me know of any ideas that you guys have and don't be afraid of anything too "out there" or specific. Even letting me know what you need in a vehicle, or something that you have noticed would make your life easier (in regards to transportation, luggage space, materials, etc..) would help me immensely.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and ideas,

Logan

notapplicable

Apr 14, 2013, 6:40 AM
Post #2 of 31 (11590 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CollegeStudent] What is the perfect vehicle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CollegeStudent wrote:
Hello adventurers!

I'm not quite sure if this is in the right area, but please let me know if it isn't. I'm currently part of group for a college project and would greatly appreciate your input. Our task is to design a vehicle that is built for a specific purpose. We have decided on "adventurers" in general and would like to hear your ideas. We have decided on an suv type vehicle with specific details to help aid people in their goals. The specifics even go as far as specific connections on the outside of the vehicle for cameras such as GoPros. Please let me know of any ideas that you guys have and don't be afraid of anything too "out there" or specific. Even letting me know what you need in a vehicle, or something that you have noticed would make your life easier (in regards to transportation, luggage space, materials, etc..) would help me immensely.

Logan

Your mom is my preferred ride when I'm just making a quick run to O-Town.

CollegeStudent

Apr 14, 2013, 3:15 PM
Post #3 of 31 (11565 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] What is the perfect vehicle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for your opinion! I'll be sure to make ample room for mothers.

Kartessa

Apr 15, 2013, 1:50 AM
Post #4 of 31 (11531 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
CollegeStudent wrote:
Hello adventurers!

Logan

Epic

chadnsc

Apr 15, 2013, 5:24 PM
Post #5 of 31 (11501 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] What is the perfect vehicle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
CollegeStudent wrote:
Hello adventurers!

Logan

Epic

Kartessa

Apr 15, 2013, 5:51 PM
Post #6 of 31 (11491 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] What is the perfect vehicle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
CollegeStudent wrote:
Hello adventurers!

Logan

Epic

[image]http://www.sanctuarymedia.com/edtechexpert/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/you-keep-using-that-word.jpg[/image]

Fuck your image...

Definition of EPIC
1: of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an epic <an epic poem>
2a : extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope <his genius was epic — Times Literary Supplement>
b : heroic

That line was beyond the usual or ordinary, especially in scope. It was also heroic.

chadnsc

Apr 16, 2013, 5:25 PM
Post #7 of 31 (11462 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bullshit.

Kartessa

Apr 16, 2013, 6:32 PM
Post #8 of 31 (11452 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Bullshit.

Look it up... you'll find it in a "Dictionary"... its a big book with words in them.

Ask you mom if you need help.

jeepnphreak

Apr 16, 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #9 of 31 (11437 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CollegeStudent] What is the perfect vehicle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My ideal vehicle is. . .
Full welded tube chassis.

Onboard gyroscope so I cannot flip the vehicle over .

Big block v8 with no less than 1800 horse power and at least 1800 low end foot pound of torque that runs off a cold fusion reactor so I can go like 500,000 miles of a gallon of water.

Coil style suspension for maximum axle articulation.

Full skid plate package

53 in tires with on- board central tire inflation system.

Transfer case with gearing for deep crawl ratio but yet still can cruse at 80 in comfort

Room for 4 plus gear and roof rack.

Tow package.

Rock and Prius crushing bumpers with 30,000lb winches front and back.

Front and rear brakes are disks on the drive shafts just off of the Transfer case outputs.

Visually it look like a unimog and jeep wrangler mated.

(This post was edited by jeepnphreak on Apr 16, 2013, 10:53 PM)

notapplicable

Apr 17, 2013, 2:44 AM
Post #10 of 31 (11424 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
CollegeStudent wrote:
Hello adventurers!

Logan

Epic

[image]http://www.sanctuarymedia.com/edtechexpert/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/you-keep-using-that-word.jpg[/image]

Fuck your image...

Definition of EPIC
2a : extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope <his genius was epic — Times Literary Supplement>

That line was beyond the usual or ordinary, especially in scope. It was also heroic.

I do what I can

notapplicable

Apr 17, 2013, 2:45 AM
Post #11 of 31 (11422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
CollegeStudent wrote:
Hello adventurers!

Logan

Epic

Fuck your image...

Definition of EPIC

I do what I can

To entertain you, I mean.

notapplicable

Post #12 of 31 (11420 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
CollegeStudent wrote:
Hello adventurers!

Logan

Epic

Fuck your image...

Definition of EPIC

I do what I can

To entertain you, I mean.

And to work my way to top 10 superstar status.

notapplicable

Post #13 of 31 (11418 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable

Post #14 of 31 (11416 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable

Apr 17, 2013, 2:46 AM
Post #15 of 31 (11414 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Bullshit.

Look it up... you'll find it in a "Dictionary"... its a big book with words in them.

As Sheldon Cooper would say...

BAZINGA, Bitch!

chadnsc

Apr 17, 2013, 4:45 PM
Post #16 of 31 (11389 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Bullshit.

You calling anything here on RC.com epic would be like me calling the lines here in MN stunning.

Bullshit.

Kartessa

Apr 17, 2013, 6:41 PM
Post #17 of 31 (11380 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Bullshit.

You calling anything here on RC.com epic would be like me calling the lines here in MN stunning.

Bullshit.

Then go climb those stunning lines because my statement still stands

Toast_in_the_Machine

Apr 18, 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #18 of 31 (11361 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeepnphreak] What is the perfect vehicle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jeepnphreak wrote:
My ideal vehicle is. . .

Big block v8 with no less than 1800 horse power and at least 1800 low end foot pound of torque that runs off a cold fusion reactor so I can go like 500,000 miles of a gallon of water.

Full skid plate package

Transfer case with gearing for deep crawl ratio but yet still can cruse at 80 in comfort

Tow package.

Front and rear brakes are disks on the drive shafts just off of the Transfer case outputs.

How many cup holders?

rsmillbern

Apr 18, 2013, 1:32 PM
Post #19 of 31 (11352 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jeepnphreak wrote:
My ideal vehicle is. . .

Cruise at 80? mph? I would not setting for anything that won't cruise at at least 100 mph with a little extra left for passing.

Kartessa

Apr 18, 2013, 1:46 PM
Post #20 of 31 (11351 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jeepnphreak wrote:
My ideal vehicle is. . .

Full skid plate package

Tow package.

I think I've found it... even comes with bulletproof glass and optional flame thrower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDoRmT0iRic

or

http://www.snotr.com/video/7581/Top_Gear_-_The_Marauder
The first link was giving me trouble.

Partner macherry

Apr 18, 2013, 2:17 PM
Post #21 of 31 (11344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Bullshit.

Bullshit.

great hijack

jeepnphreak

Apr 18, 2013, 2:28 PM
Post #22 of 31 (11339 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
My ideal vehicle is. . .

Full skid plate package

Tow package.

I think I've found it... even comes with bulletproof glass and optional flame thrower.

or

http://www.snotr.com/video/7581/Top_Gear_-_The_Marauder
The first link was giving me trouble.[/quote]

Not too bad, but the approach and depature angles are not real good. The tires need to be moved outward more.

chadnsc

Apr 18, 2013, 5:40 PM
Post #23 of 31 (11326 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] What is the perfect vehicle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Bullshit.

Bullshit.

great hijack

Dina's is pretty dang good here. She's not epic but not many are.

iknowfear

Apr 18, 2013, 5:49 PM
Post #24 of 31 (11324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
My ideal vehicle is. . .

Full skid plate package

Tow package.

or

http://www.snotr.com/..._Gear_-_The_Marauder

The first link was giving me trouble.

http://geekologie.com/...r-olds-dream-car.php

edited for cheesetits

(This post was edited by iknowfear on Apr 18, 2013, 5:58 PM)

lena_chita

Apr 18, 2013, 5:54 PM
Post #25 of 31 (11321 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iknowfear] What is the perfect vehicle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am surprised nobody posted this link yet:

http://www.campingroadtrip.com/...011/the-swissroombox

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)