Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

lena_chita

Apr 19, 2013, 2:56 PM
Post #99126 of 105309 (4302 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Also: you may have noticed I've been doing a sick amount of cardio lately. Well it turns out I don't know how to feed myself. Talkig with a few people (including one of the owners of the running store, who also happens to be a nutritionalist) I need to mix up my diet.

Plan is to try to drink smooties a few mornings a week now. I've been getting home from running at 7pm or so and then having dinner, so I want to shift my eating times to try to have a big meal at 3:30-4pm and just a snack after running. We'll see how that goes.

there were a few other things too, need something for refuel on the longer runs, need more complex carbs on Friday night before long runs, need more fiber to keep me full.

I'm not one for complex diet stuff, but I think I need to takethis step if I'm ever going to get sick skinny.

I don't know that food timing has anything to do with getting skinny. Heffe swears that he can't eat before running or working out, and always eats dinner really late after his run of crossfit workout. Usually doesn't happen until 8p.m.

snoopy138

Apr 19, 2013, 3:54 PM
Post #99127 of 105309 (4298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] I should probibly just off myself [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
Well, this place is dead, so I thought I'd rap at y'all a bit. Winter is finally over in Hellhio, and a bunch of cool shit is moving forward, except for the jorb search.

Yesterday fricking wrecked me. Got up at 5am to do a 32 mile ride through pre-dawn C-bus, and it was really cool. Then spent the rest of the day on my knees laying tile in the catpee basement's crackwhore bathroom, which we need to finish before we can sell the place. Looks really good, and tiling is kind of fun. By evening I was sore all over, gimpfoot was all swollen up. But went to the gym anyway. Felt strong, but the humidity had my skin hurting long before my muscles gave out.

I think tonight team clamhat is going to sneak nalgeritas into a Sonny Trotter slideshow at OSU, should be fun. Not climbing this weekend, but tomorrow some jazz musicians fiernds of drivel are crashing and playing a dance, and they might even let me sit in on a few songs, provided I can put down the mandolin and pull my jazz guitar out of the back of the shame closet.

that is awl.

Feel like coming here and doing some tiling, if it is so much fun? I'll forgive you the chicken pies, and maybe even pay you.

You are getting soft! Skipping such a good weather weekend... pretty much all gerks would be predominantly doing stuff other than climbering in the near future.

it's sad.

snoopy138

Apr 19, 2013, 3:55 PM
Post #99128 of 105309 (4296 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Also: you may have noticed I've been doing a sick amount of cardio lately. Well it turns out I don't know how to feed myself. Talkig with a few people (including one of the owners of the running store, who also happens to be a nutritionalist) I need to mix up my diet.

Plan is to try to drink smooties a few mornings a week now. I've been getting home from running at 7pm or so and then having dinner, so I want to shift my eating times to try to have a big meal at 3:30-4pm and just a snack after running. We'll see how that goes.

there were a few other things too, need something for refuel on the longer runs, need more complex carbs on Friday night before long runs, need more fiber to keep me full.

I'm not one for complex diet stuff, but I think I need to takethis step if I'm ever going to get sick skinny.

I don't know that food timing has anything to do with getting skinny. Heffe swears that he can't eat before running or working out, and always eats dinner really late after his run of crossfit workout. Usually doesn't happen until 8p.m.

Is 8 PM a late dinner?

granite_grrl

Apr 19, 2013, 3:55 PM
Post #99129 of 105309 (4294 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So reading a little more about fueling myself on longer runs: I found a few places saying not to for your trainig runs if they're under 2 hours. By not gving your body fuel you're training it to burn fat better after your glycogen stores have been depleted, or something like that. Seeing as burning fat is my goal.....

Lena - conventional wisdom says going to bed with a full belly isn't a good idea. It makes sense, you're metabolism slows down when you sleep, you digest the food without really burning the calories. I'd still need to eat somthing for recovery, but having having a full meal at 8pm or later (when I go to bed at 10pm) probably won't help me lose weight.

granite_grrl

Apr 19, 2013, 3:56 PM
Post #99130 of 105309 (4293 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Is 8 PM a late dinner?

Depends when you go to sleep?

snoopy138

Apr 19, 2013, 4:53 PM
Post #99131 of 105309 (4282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Is 8 PM a late dinner?

I don't think I'm very good in this regard.

Often eat dinner at 10 or 11, go to bed at 12.

snoopy138

Apr 19, 2013, 5:00 PM
Post #99132 of 105309 (4279 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kamhed] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

went to the BR show last night. kicked ass. Played a lot of their usual songs (do what you want, I want to conquer the world, generator, american jesus, 21st century digital boy, sorrow, fuck armageddon, etc.), six or seven from the new album, and a few that get played less often (come join us, anesthesia, upon a mountain, no direction).

I think I'm getting a bit old for the circle pit, though. after a few songs of mixing it up in there, decided to just hang out in front of the pit in the more tightly packed area where the biggest concern is the fucking crowdsurfers. my ears are ringing today.

caughtinside

Apr 19, 2013, 6:12 PM
Post #99133 of 105309 (4271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Surf is up in hanalei, I was having a great sesh. Came in to rest for a bit and got Smirnoff iced by my friends. Good times.

snoopy138

Apr 19, 2013, 7:04 PM
Post #99134 of 105309 (4267 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Surf is up in hanalei, I was having a great sesh. Came in to rest for a bit and got Smirnoff iced by my friends. Good times.

hanging with teh bros?

lena_chita

Apr 19, 2013, 7:11 PM
Post #99135 of 105309 (4264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Is 8 PM a late dinner?

For Heffe it is late, he is in bed by 10p.m. at the latest. A lot of times he eats at 9 and goes straight to bed.

I know that the conventional wisdom says that eating late at night is bad, and for me personally, that is certainly the danger zone, when I am most prone to snacking while reading. but it is not becuase eating late is bad, it is becuase i can get a lot of calories in me by snacking and not paying attention.

Heffe is as skinny as anyone could get, while Banz, who has always been the no-eating-after-7 type of guy has struggled with weight. (Though he does seem to be dropping it like mad these days)

dr_feelgood

Apr 19, 2013, 8:44 PM
Post #99136 of 105309 (4253 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Is 8 PM a late dinner?

I don't think I'm very good in this regard.

Often eat dinner at 10 or 11, go to bed at 12.

I like to eat between 6:30-8, and usually go to bed around 11. I don't sleep well if I eat w/i an hour of trying to go to sleep.

Partner camhead

Apr 19, 2013, 9:51 PM
Post #99137 of 105309 (4246 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
went to the BR show last night. kicked ass. Played a lot of their usual songs (do what you want, I want to conquer the world, generator, american jesus, 21st century digital boy, sorrow, fuck armageddon, etc.), six or seven from the new album, and a few that get played less often (come join us, anesthesia, upon a mountain, no direction).

I think I'm getting a bit old for the circle pit, though. after a few songs of mixing it up in there, decided to just hang out in front of the pit in the more tightly packed area where the biggest concern is the fucking crowdsurfers. my ears are ringing today.

Word. I was happy to chill up in the balcony. Even last year in DC, when I did not have gimpfoot as an excuse, I stlll abstained from moshing. Drivel didn't tho.

Partner camhead

Apr 19, 2013, 9:53 PM
Post #99138 of 105309 (4246 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, and Lena! I actually might be interested in tiling. No grand plans for the summer while drivel finishes the phud; I was thinking of finding a part-time McJorb at the NRG and just living there and commuting back and forth from C-bus. But what type of tiling jorb do you have?

snoopy138

Apr 19, 2013, 11:31 PM
Post #99139 of 105309 (4238 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

Word. I was happy to chill up in the balcony. Even last year in DC, when I did not have gimpfoot as an excuse, I stlll abstained from moshing. Drivel didn't tho.

they made fun of the balcony folks last night, while acknowledging that that's where their old asses would be these days.

I just don't find it as fun to not be down on the floor mixing it up. as a big plus, at the BR shows, there's not so much of the jiant dudes wearing denim jackets with swastikas on them that I'd see a lot of at dropkick shows as a skinny high-school kid in dallas. still plenty of 250-lbers, though, just without the swastikas.

carabiner96

Apr 20, 2013, 1:20 AM
Post #99140 of 105309 (4227 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh em gee. Sonnie Trotter lurves me!

caughtinside

Apr 20, 2013, 3:58 AM
Post #99141 of 105309 (4220 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

They cupped him and Mo got the showt owt. Ha ha!

Partner camhead

Apr 20, 2013, 1:36 PM
Post #99142 of 105309 (4212 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:

That was the highpoint of the night. I really hope that video does not go viral and then get ST in trouble with veryserious handicap rights organizations.

Also, the clamhats are currently in disaster recovery level 4 mode, trying to deal with a hungover drivel.

dr_feelgood

Apr 20, 2013, 8:27 PM
Post #99143 of 105309 (4199 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

That was the highpoint of the night. I really hope that video does not go viral and then get ST in trouble with veryserious handicap rights organizations.

Also, the clamhats are currently in disaster recovery level 4 mode, trying to deal with a hungover drivel.
Danger will robinson! Danger!

carabiner96

Apr 20, 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #99144 of 105309 (4191 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Crack lover, yore gym has stiff grades and the water tastes bad. That is awl.

Partner cracklover

Apr 21, 2013, 5:58 PM
Post #99145 of 105309 (4182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Crack lover, yore gym has stiff grades and the water tastes bad. That is awl.

Ya, you must've been to the north gym. There's something seriously wrong with their water. I rarely go there (nothing to do with the water, it's just further than the south R&J).

Anyway, glad to hear you got out.

GO

drivel

Apr 21, 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #99146 of 105309 (4168 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

they made fun of the balcony folks last night, while acknowledging that that's where their old asses would be these days.

I just don't find it as fun to not be down on the floor mixing it up. as a big plus, at the BR shows, there's not so much of the jiant dudes wearing denim jackets with swastikas on them that I'd see a lot of at dropkick shows as a skinny high-school kid in dallas. still plenty of 250-lbers, though, just without the swastikas.

the circle pit at the atheist rally was pretty chill, honestly. all 100 lbs of me was fine in it. It was drizzle(whoo, that's me!)ing slightly, and slick grass, so a few people went down a few diff times. Like every other time I've been in a pit, if I fell I was upright again before I was actually capable of standing. good-hearted moshing is fucking great fun.

drivel

Apr 21, 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #99147 of 105309 (4166 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

it was bad.

salty lemonade is pretty grate for a hangover though.

camhat made me fried egg sammich and salty lemonade, which helped lots.

lena_chita

Apr 22, 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #99148 of 105309 (4146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Oh, and Lena! I actually might be interested in tiling. No grand plans for the summer while drivel finishes the phud; I was thinking of finding a part-time McJorb at the NRG and just living there and commuting back and forth from C-bus. But what type of tiling jorb do you have?

Kitchen backsplash. If it doesn't get done before summer, I am taking drastic measures! And then there is greenhouse building...

Speaking of mcJorbs, isn't jung in need of a summer intern with photography or climbing skills? He posted on facespace a couple of weeks back.

lena_chita

Apr 22, 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #99149 of 105309 (4145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:

Are you going to record a return message?

lena_chita

Apr 22, 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #99150 of 105309 (4141 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good weekend report (kinda/sorta).

Went to Drive-by on Saturday. It was Ed's choice, I was not super-psyched on it, but it ended up being good. Ed sent Breakfast Burrito and Fire and Brimstone. His pyramid is getting better and better!

I got on Naked Lunch-- the route on which snoop got some girl to cry last fall, by telling her that she shouldn't stem rest. Moot point, the stem is currently a waterfall, so nobody is using it.
I tried that one last November, and slunk away in tears, even without snoop's helpful comments, because it was so reachy at the top that I couldn't figure out how to do the move, even after hanging. The crux move is a reach from undercling to a crimp, which is a full extension for me, and only possible with backstepping a foot into the same dish where the undercling is. Which then left me stuck, bc I didn't have any room to move the hips out and switch the feet for the next move.

Well, I sent it first go of the day, kinda casually. All I had to do, after getting that reach, is let go of the undercling, hang one-handed on the crimp, and switch feet. YAY, HANGBOARD!!!!!!

(And snoop, it is a bad form to enter a route into database as 5.12a, and then say that it is soft for the grade. Just call it 5.11d next time, will you? I believe Shadow is advocating for 11c now)

I also got on Primus Noctum, another 12a that sent me home with hot fat tears running down my cheeks a couple of years back, for the same reasons. That one is DEFINITELY not soft, but I figured out the short-person version of the moves at the top. Got a nice compliment from a guy who was "also short, like me" (5'6", I would have you know! HAHA!!!) He said that the move was barely possible for him, if he were even an inch shorter he wouldn't be able to do it. Sweet!

Sunday was a short day at the Lode. I hung my own draws on Ale8, another first for me. And I got to the anchors on 2nd go, without falling... and then fell out of the wet hold at the anchors. AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! Didn't have time for the 3rd go, have to come back to this one-again!

First page Previous page 1 ... 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook