RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

Gdog42

Apr 21, 2013, 12:36 PM
Post #1 of 3 (447 views)
Shortcut

Thread subscription?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm new to this forum and would like to know how exactly to subscribe to a thread and get an email notification when someone replies to it.

I automatically get emails when someone replies to threads that I've started, but there have been a few others that I've contributed to and I haven't got notifications for them when someone else then posts on them. I always check the Send e-mail notification on reply box when leaving a reply.

Do I also have to select Watch Thread at the top of the page?

Sorry if this sounds like an odd questions; it's just that I'm also on another forum and on that one I get an email notification whenever someone else replies to a thread I've posted on, and to stop that from happening I have to unsubscribe to that thread. I'm still figuring out how this one works.

Thanks.

(This post was edited by Gdog42 on Apr 21, 2013, 12:38 PM)

marc801

Apr 21, 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #2 of 3 (435 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gdog42] Thread subscription? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gdog42 wrote:
I'm new to this forum and would like to know how exactly to subscribe to a thread and get an email notification when someone replies to it.

I automatically get emails when someone replies to threads that I've started, but there have been a few others that I've contributed to and I haven't got notifications for them when someone else then posts on them. I always check the Send e-mail notification on reply box when leaving a reply.

Do I also have to select Watch Thread at the top of the page?

Sorry if this sounds like an odd questions; it's just that I'm also on another forum and on that one I get an email notification whenever someone else replies to a thread I've posted on, and to stop that from happening I have to unsubscribe to that thread. I'm still figuring out how this one works.

Yep, you've got it correct. The Send e-mail notification on reply checkbox generates an email when someone directly replies to one of your posts in that thread. If you want email notification of *any* new activity in that thread, not just replies to your posts, you also have to "Watch Thread".

Gdog42

Apr 21, 2013, 1:36 PM
Post #3 of 3 (420 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] Thread subscription? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
Yep, you've got it correct. The Send e-mail notification on reply checkbox generates an email when someone directly replies to one of your posts in that thread. If you want email notification of *any* new activity in that thread, not just replies to your posts, you also have to "Watch Thread".

Alright then. That you!

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook