Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 ... 4117 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Apr 22, 2013, 9:16 AM
Post #99151 of 102908 (1222 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Good weekend report (kinda/sorta).

Went to Drive-by on Saturday. It was Ed's choice, I was not super-psyched on it, but it ended up being good. Ed sent Breakfast Burrito and Fire and Brimstone. His pyramid is getting better and better!

I got on Naked Lunch-- the route on which snoop got some girl to cry last fall, by telling her that she shouldn't stem rest. Moot point, the stem is currently a waterfall, so nobody is using it.
I tried that one last November, and slunk away in tears, even without snoop's helpful comments, because it was so reachy at the top that I couldn't figure out how to do the move, even after hanging. The crux move is a reach from undercling to a crimp, which is a full extension for me, and only possible with backstepping a foot into the same dish where the undercling is. Which then left me stuck, bc I didn't have any room to move the hips out and switch the feet for the next move.

Well, I sent it first go of the day, kinda casually. All I had to do, after getting that reach, is let go of the undercling, hang one-handed on the crimp, and switch feet. YAY, HANGBOARD!!!!!!

(And snoop, it is a bad form to enter a route into database as 5.12a, and then say that it is soft for the grade. Just call it 5.11d next time, will you? I believe Shadow is advocating for 11c now)

people look at the database here?

snoopy138

Apr 22, 2013, 9:17 AM
Post #99152 of 102908 (1220 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

lena_chita

Apr 22, 2013, 9:26 AM
Post #99153 of 102908 (1216 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Went to Drive-by on Saturday. It was Ed's choice, I was not super-psyched on it, but it ended up being good. Ed sent Breakfast Burrito and Fire and Brimstone. His pyramid is getting better and better!

I got on Naked Lunch-- the route on which snoop got some girl to cry last fall, by telling her that she shouldn't stem rest. Moot point, the stem is currently a waterfall, so nobody is using it.
I tried that one last November, and slunk away in tears, even without snoop's helpful comments, because it was so reachy at the top that I couldn't figure out how to do the move, even after hanging. The crux move is a reach from undercling to a crimp, which is a full extension for me, and only possible with backstepping a foot into the same dish where the undercling is. Which then left me stuck, bc I didn't have any room to move the hips out and switch the feet for the next move.

Well, I sent it first go of the day, kinda casually. All I had to do, after getting that reach, is let go of the undercling, hang one-handed on the crimp, and switch feet. YAY, HANGBOARD!!!!!!

(And snoop, it is a bad form to enter a route into database as 5.12a, and then say that it is soft for the grade. Just call it 5.11d next time, will you? I believe Shadow is advocating for 11c now)

I did. And you did. Tongue

snoopy138

Apr 22, 2013, 9:29 AM
Post #99154 of 102908 (1215 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

well, I use it to keep track of my rowts. I just put in here what the route is currently called. perhaps if shadow did not want it to be known as soft for the grade, he should not have called it 12a?

that poor girl is going to be very sad if her first 5.12 is downrated all the way to 11c.

dr_feelgood

Apr 22, 2013, 10:06 AM
Post #99155 of 102908 (1205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Wait, there is a route database here?

camhead

Apr 22, 2013, 10:33 AM
Post #99156 of 102908 (1199 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lena, tell me if this is typical J teh boi behavior:

He posts on fb that he needs a ride to the RRG to get his broken down car from a garage there. I say we're doing a day trip tomorrow if he can get to Cbus from Clevetown. He then txts drivel, who is like, wtf? And we find out that he is going to attempt to ride his bike the 100+ miles to Columbus today (it is a nice day today, granted).

I tell him that we can't put anyone up in the house, since we're kind of burned out from this weekend, but that he can crash at Kinetic.

So, right now, he's riding his bike to Columbus, and I'm going to pick him up from the gym at like 530 tomorrow morning. Really hope this does not turn into more of an epic.

drivel

Apr 22, 2013, 11:10 AM
Post #99157 of 102908 (1191 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

He posts on fb that he needs a ride to the RRG to get his broken down car from a garage there. I say we're doing a day trip tomorrow if he can get to Cbus from Clevetown. He then txts drivel, who is like, wtf? And we find out that he is going to attempt to ride his bike the 100+ miles to Columbus today (it is a nice day today, granted).

I tell him that we can't put anyone up in the house, since we're kind of burned out from this weekend, but that he can crash at Kinetic.

So, right now, he's riding his bike to Columbus, and I'm going to pick him up from the gym at like 530 tomorrow morning. Really hope this does not turn into more of an epic.

j teh boi's texting-me history on my phone is a catalog of absurdity. responses from me to him: "Why are you texting me this question?" "It is not my job to manage camhat's life and it is definitely not my job to facilitate yours. Ask him your questions directly."

carabiner96

Apr 22, 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #99158 of 102908 (1182 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:

j teh boi's texting-me history on my phone is a catalog of absurdity. responses from me to him: "Why are you texting me this question?" "It is not my job to manage camhat's life and it is definitely not my job to facilitate yours. Ask him your questions directly."
sounds like an interesting fellow. Also, you can sleep in your gym?

carabiner96

Apr 22, 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #99159 of 102908 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Crack lover, yore gym has stiff grades and the water tastes bad. That is awl.

Ya, you must've been to the north gym. There's something seriously wrong with their water. I rarely go there (nothing to do with the water, it's just further than the south R&J).

Anyway, glad to hear you got out.

GO
Oh, for some reason I thought Thornton was your gym. It is way closer to my house than BRC, but BRC is soooo much better.

I wasn't really climbing this weekend it was a VA outing. Lots if awesome gimps from 'Nam, I loved it.

lena_chita

Apr 22, 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #99160 of 102908 (1177 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:

Yes, it is so typical j-teh-boi that it is not even funny. Grupe-talk.

camhead

Apr 22, 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #99161 of 102908 (1172 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:

sounds like an interesting fellow. Also, you can sleep in your gym?

If you're in with the owner. And I am.

dr_feelgood

Apr 22, 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #99162 of 102908 (1168 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

trying to finish the last assignment of the semester. And it is fucking dragging on.
I estimate another two hours...

granite_grrl

Apr 22, 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #99163 of 102908 (1165 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So my friend is trying to convince me to go down to the Gunks with her this weekend.

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work
- This will only be my second time o rock this year and I'm not in very good shape
- Day pass is up to $17/day and it's not a good time of yer for me to be buying an annual pass
- It's almost a 9 hour drive for me from Owen Sound
- It actually looks like it'll finally be nice around here locally and I can get outside here

On paper it doesn't make much sense for me to go, but I kinda really want to. I hate being teased with these things!

dr_feelgood

Apr 22, 2013, 1:00 PM
Post #99164 of 102908 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
trying to finish the last assignment of the semester. And it is fucking dragging on.
Of course, if I stopped fucking off on the internet, it could be concluded sooner.

lena_chita

Apr 22, 2013, 1:14 PM
Post #99165 of 102908 (1163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

well, I use it to keep track of my rowts. I just put in here what the route is currently called. perhaps if shadow did not want it to be known as soft for the grade, he should not have called it 12a?

that poor girl is going to be very sad if her first 5.12 is downrated all the way to 11c.

So far, the consensus is 11d. Tongue

I guess I see it differently, when I add routes to my log. There are these two "5.12a's" at Bear's Den that I flashed a couple of weeks ago. Except, I don't think they are 12a's, and nobody who climbs them does, either. So I entered then in the log as what the consensus is, so far -- 11b and 11d. I could have had two 5.12a flashes... and said how soft they were, but... they aren't soft 12a's, they are just misgraded bc they are new!

snoopy138

Apr 22, 2013, 4:08 PM
Post #99166 of 102908 (1141 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:

teh grupe version of this story is better.

snoopy138

Apr 22, 2013, 4:10 PM
Post #99167 of 102908 (1139 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Of course, if I stopped fucking off on the internet, it could be concluded sooner.

that's just a general statement about life.

snoopy138

Apr 22, 2013, 4:16 PM
Post #99168 of 102908 (1136 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I guess I see it differently, when I add routes to my log. There are these two "5.12a's" at Bear's Den that I flashed a couple of weeks ago. Except, I don't think they are 12a's, and nobody who climbs them does, either. So I entered then in the log as what the consensus is, so far -- 11b and 11d. I could have had two 5.12a flashes... and said how soft they were, but... they aren't soft 12a's, they are just misgraded bc they are new!

I just go with "it says 12a at rrc, I'll put it into this unused route database as 12a". I don't consider it my business to go about downrating people's routes in an "official" context by entering them into a public rdb as something different from what they call it.

I saw his complaints over on the rrc route page. he did say in the first comment that it was soft for the grade, I guess that's the point where he should have just called it 11d to begin with.

camhead

Apr 22, 2013, 4:56 PM
Post #99169 of 102908 (1123 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I just go with "it says 12a at rrc, I'll put it into this unused route database as 12a". I don't consider it my business to go about downrating people's routes in an "official" context by entering them into a public rdb as something different from what they call it.

I saw his complaints over on the rrc route page. he did say in the first comment that it was soft for the grade, I guess that's the point where he should have just called it 11d to begin with.

You know, if RRGers could just accept the fact that in most places, 12a is kind of hard, they could avoid all this bullshit and downgrading in the first place. It's simple, if it feels easy, it's not a 12.

Partner cracklover

Apr 23, 2013, 3:16 PM
Post #99170 of 102908 (1089 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
cracklover wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Ya, you must've been to the north gym. There's something seriously wrong with their water. I rarely go there (nothing to do with the water, it's just further than the south R&J).

GO
Oh, for some reason I thought Thornton was your gym. It is way closer to my house than BRC, but BRC is soooo much better.

I wasn't really climbing this weekend it was a VA outing. Lots if awesome gimps from 'Nam, I loved it.

No, I just offered to meet you there because it's way closer to you, and it's not much further for me. I typically go to the south R&J. Is that the event where you learned of Sonnie Trotter's lurve for you, or did I miss some GU somewhere along the way?

In other news, I've been taking a graduate course online. It's kicking my ass, and to get all the work done, I've barely climbed in the last two months, (aside from the one trip to the Creek). I've got a trip scheduled to Red Rocks in a couple weeks, where I'm going to completely get my ass handed to me.

GO

dr_feelgood

Apr 23, 2013, 3:48 PM
Post #99171 of 102908 (1083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:

In other news, I've been taking a graduate course online. It's kicking my ass, and to get all the work done, I've barely climbed in the last two months, (aside from the one trip to the Creek). I've got a trip scheduled to Red Rocks in a couple weeks, where I'm going to completely get my ass handed to me.

Somebody call the whambulance. The fly can't handle a graduate course.

drivel

Apr 23, 2013, 5:01 PM
Post #99172 of 102908 (1075 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:

::giggles::

if I don't suck the bullet out of a .38, I'll never have to take one again, as of this summer.

(note of reassurance: I do not own a .38)

climbs4fun

Apr 23, 2013, 5:14 PM
Post #99173 of 102908 (1070 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
cracklover wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

GO

No, I just offered to meet you there because it's way closer to you, and it's not much further for me. I typically go to the south R&J. Is that the event where you learned of Sonnie Trotter's lurve for you, or did I miss some GU somewhere along the way?

GO

Waves Hi!

caughtinside

Apr 23, 2013, 5:34 PM
Post #99174 of 102908 (1064 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:

Online no less. You can wear bunny slippers and flog the dolphin during class.

snoopy138

Apr 23, 2013, 6:48 PM
Post #99175 of 102908 (1054 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:

::giggles::

if I don't suck the bullet out of a .38, I'll never have to take one again, as of this summer.

(note of reassurance: I do not own a .38)

It seems likely that you won't have to take another graduate course iif you do suck the bullet out of a .38 also.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 ... 4117 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook