RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

potreroed

Apr 23, 2013, 8:08 PM
Post #1 of 17 (3089 views)
Shortcut

New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (7 ratings)  
Can't Post

New 6 pitch moderate in the Potrero plus a cool video of Alex and Josh McCoy on a 19 pitch 5.13d.

Also Potrero Pups, Hidalgo Kids and Potrero Chico Dreamscapes.

http://magicedspotrerochico.com/?page_id=2

dr_feelgood

Apr 23, 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #2 of 17 (3043 views)
Shortcut

Re: [potreroed] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (9 ratings)  
Can't Post

more spam from portreroed

gblauer

Apr 24, 2013, 7:51 AM
Post #3 of 17 (2960 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

Please try and give the guy a break. He has done wonders developing the Potrero. He gives back; local kids climbing, Fiona Animal rescue etc.

marc801

Apr 24, 2013, 8:14 AM
Post #4 of 17 (2954 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Remind us again of what rules forced you to click on the link and read the post?

jeepnphreak

Apr 24, 2013, 8:21 AM
Post #5 of 17 (2951 views)
Shortcut

Re: [potreroed] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

I really have to get doen there, you have posted up some cool routes.

sonso45

Apr 24, 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #6 of 17 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeepnphreak] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Looks like more to come from the new wall, eh? Nice work on the new route. Can't wait to try it.

ncrockclimber

Apr 24, 2013, 2:11 PM
Post #7 of 17 (2813 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

More useless posts from an internet asshole.

Edit to add:

Thanks for all your work, Ed. You and Tami rock!

(This post was edited by ncrockclimber on Apr 24, 2013, 2:13 PM)

dagibbs

Apr 25, 2013, 9:09 PM
Post #8 of 17 (2677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

Hm... a link to a blog post talking about climbing, with pictures of climbing and pictures plus topos of a new route. If that's spam, give me more of it.

Yes, this post seems completely on topic and appropriate for this forum.

dr_feelgood

Apr 25, 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #9 of 17 (2671 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ncrockclimber] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (6 ratings)  
Can't Post

ncrockclimber wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Edit to add:

I entered the fray here on purpose. If gmburns2000 gets railed here because his blog sucks and sends bad information, than all climbing blogs should be held to the same standard,

Call me an internet asshole if you wish. Mea Culpa.

I seem to remember portreroed pimping his blog in the wake of the recent massacre down there with the tagline that you are safer in a Mexico climbing destination than you are in a Denver theatre. Say what you will, but that is a bit callous.

Sure, the guy develops routes. Great. Fine. Yay!
If he wished to contribute to this website through something beyond his own personal ad revenue, he could post these great trip reports to the appropriately named forum. He doesn't. All of his front-page ads are voted up by his 'cronies' and can't be removed. Trust me, I know how this works.
Anything he posts is merely an exercise in colonialism. Hey, look at these great routes I made where there is still virgin rock and repressed women. And our mass executions are directed at the right people, or at least directed in ways that aren't random.

I'm basically sick of people pimping and pandering for a dollar. Ed is as guilty as all of us.

marc801

Apr 26, 2013, 7:33 AM
Post #10 of 17 (2644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
ncrockclimber wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Edit to add:

I entered the fray here on purpose. If gmburns2000 gets railed here because his blog sucks and sends bad information, than all climbing blogs should be held to the same standard,

I seem to remember portreroed pimping his blog in the wake of the recent massacre down there with the tagline that you are safer in a Mexico climbing destination than you are in a Denver theatre. Say what you will, but that is a bit callous.

If he wished to contribute to this website through something beyond his own personal ad revenue, he could post these great trip reports to the appropriately named forum. He doesn't. All of his front-page ads are voted up by his 'cronies' and can't be removed. Trust me, I know how this works.
Anything he posts is merely an exercise in colonialism. Hey, look at these great routes I made where there is still virgin rock and repressed women. And our mass executions are directed at the right people, or at least directed in ways that aren't random.

I'm basically sick of people pimping and pandering for a dollar. Ed is as guilty as all of us.
Dude, you're using a free site that is supported by ad revenue. Your objections are hollow. Ed's posts and links are hella more interesting and relevant than another "which shoes should I buy" thread. Like I said up thread - there is nothing that requires you or anyone else to read a particular thread. If it irks you so much, click elsewhere.

granite_grrl

Apr 26, 2013, 8:43 AM
Post #11 of 17 (2625 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
ncrockclimber wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Edit to add:

Dude, you're using a free site that is supported by ad revenue. Your objections are hollow. Ed's posts and links are hella more interesting and relevant than another "which shoes should I buy" thread. Like I said up thread - there is nothing that requires you or anyone else to read a particular thread. If it irks you so much, click elsewhere.

Does Ed's blog supply this site with revenue or something?

ncrockclimber

Apr 26, 2013, 12:29 PM
Post #12 of 17 (2593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dr Feelgood,

All the BS you posted above it noise. Your comments toward Ed expose you for what you are, an asshole. End of story.

iknowfear

Apr 26, 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #13 of 17 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ncrockclimber] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

ncrockclimber wrote:
Dr Feelgood,

All the BS you posted above it noise. Your comments toward Ed expose you for what you are, an asshole. End of story.

he might be an asshole, he is still right!

potreroed

Apr 26, 2013, 7:10 PM
Post #14 of 17 (2558 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iknowfear] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's OK. Ever since I started climbing I've had to deal with other climber's jealousy so I'm well inured to it.

I direct people to my blog postings because I feel I have something interesting to share. Yes, there is a business side to my web site but I tell ya, every time I'm driving someone to the airport at 3 am for an early flight I ask myself why oh why am I doing this?

The answer is so I can buy more bolts and hangers and chain and drill bits and batteries and static rope etc. so I can keep doing what I love which is to go where no man has gone before and leave behind something that brings a lot of enjoyment to a lot of people.

ncrockclimber

Apr 26, 2013, 9:40 PM
Post #15 of 17 (2531 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iknowfear] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No, he's not right. He is just an asshole.

marc801

Apr 27, 2013, 8:13 AM
Post #16 of 17 (2494 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] New 6 pitch moderate and cool Honnold video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
marc801 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Does Ed's blog supply this site with revenue or something?
Not at all, AFAIK. But Dr. Feelup ragging on Ed's site as being supported by ad revenue is hypocritical seeing that this site which Feelup uses is also supported by ads.

Khoi

Apr 29, 2013, 1:00 AM
Post #17 of 17 (2393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
ncrockclimber wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Edit to add:

Ed did bring up a very good point.

Every time cartel/drug war related deaths hit the news a bunch of American climbers (and some Canadian climbers) start worrying about how "safe" going to down to El Portrero Chico to climb actually is.

All the while how many people in the good ol' US of A are getting killed by guns every week?

And for the record I'm a Canadian climber who spends A LOT of time going on many climbing trips all over the U.S.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$71.96 (10% off)
$107.96 (10% off)
$17.06 (10% off)
$49.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook