Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Apr 24, 2013, 1:49 AM
Post #99176 of 105309 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:

In other news, I've been taking a graduate course online. It's kicking my ass, and to get all the work done, I've barely climbed in the last two months, (aside from the one trip to the Creek). I've got a trip scheduled to Red Rocks in a couple weeks, where I'm going to completely get my ass handed to me.

Somebody call the whambulance. The fly can't handle a graduate course.

Online no less. You can wear bunny slippers and flog the dolphin during class.

you can do that all while scoring some PTFTWs.

snoopy138

Apr 24, 2013, 1:49 AM
Post #99177 of 105309 (3878 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

dr_feelgood

Apr 24, 2013, 3:41 AM
Post #99178 of 105309 (3860 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:

In other news, I've been taking a graduate course online. It's kicking my ass, and to get all the work done, I've barely climbed in the last two months, (aside from the one trip to the Creek). I've got a trip scheduled to Red Rocks in a couple weeks, where I'm going to completely get my ass handed to me.

::giggles::

if I don't suck the bullet out of a .38, I'll never have to take one again, as of this summer.

(note of reassurance: I do not own a .38)

It seems likely that you won't have to take another graduate course iif you do suck the bullet out of a .38 also.

Schrodinger's Seminar?

lena_chita

Apr 24, 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #99179 of 105309 (3844 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
So my friend is trying to convince me to go down to the Gunks with her this weekend.

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work
- This will only be my second time o rock this year and I'm not in very good shape
- Day pass is up to $17/day and it's not a good time of yer for me to be buying an annual pass
- It's almost a 9 hour drive for me from Owen Sound
- It actually looks like it'll finally be nice around here locally and I can get outside here

On paper it doesn't make much sense for me to go, but I kinda really want to. I hate being teased with these things!

You should go. Obviously!

lena_chita

Apr 24, 2013, 11:21 AM
Post #99180 of 105309 (3843 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:

::giggles::

if I don't suck the bullet out of a .38, I'll never have to take one again, as of this summer.

(note of reassurance: I do not own a .38)

It seems likely that you won't have to take another graduate course iif you do suck the bullet out of a .38 also.

I am betting that drivel WILL survive the urge to do the gun-sucking, and WILL someday take another graduate course, but not because he HAS to, just because he WANTS to.

I'll grant you, it won't happen for a little while after this summer. Angelic

granite_grrl

Apr 24, 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #99181 of 105309 (3838 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So my friend is trying to convince me to go down to the Gunks with her this weekend.

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work
- This will only be my second time o rock this year and I'm not in very good shape
- Day pass is up to $17/day and it's not a good time of yer for me to be buying an annual pass
- It actually looks like it'll finally be nice around here locally and I can get outside here

On paper it doesn't make much sense for me to go, but I kinda really want to. I hate being teased with these things!

I just told her yesterday that I wasn't going to be going....but I could always change my mind. Nathan assumed I was going and has already made plans with our friend John for the weekend. If it weren't for the $17 for a day pass now I'd be all over that.

Another minus - it seems I'm kinda sick. Not really sick, just a little sick, but still.

caughtinside

Apr 24, 2013, 3:34 PM
Post #99182 of 105309 (3828 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work

I just told her yesterday that I wasn't going to be going....but I could always change my mind. Nathan assumed I was going and has already made plans with our friend John for the weekend. If it weren't for the $17 for a day pass now I'd be all over that.

Another minus - it seems I'm kinda sick. Not really sick, just a little sick, but still.

I think I find a 9 hour drive more of a deterrent than the 17 day pass, but I just don't got the big drive in me for a weekend.

Partner camhead

Apr 24, 2013, 3:51 PM
Post #99183 of 105309 (3825 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work

I think I find a 9 hour drive more of a deterrent than the 17 day pass, but I just don't got the big drive in me for a weekend.

Yeah, nine hrs is pushing it for a weekend trip. My criteria is that you have to spend more time on the rock than in the car, so you would have to climb 18 hrs for a nine hour one-way drive, which would be tough in two days.

I am pleased to say that we did pull off the drive-climb time ratio yesterday. Climbed from like 10:30am to 8pm. Two nights in a row of 4 hrs of sleep though are catching up. I think my lecture on federalism today was pretty out of it.

lena_chita

Apr 24, 2013, 4:18 PM
Post #99184 of 105309 (3817 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work

Yeah, nine hrs is pushing it for a weekend trip. My criteria is that you have to spend more time on the rock than in the car, so you would have to climb 18 hrs for a nine hour one-way drive, which would be tough in two days.

I am pleased to say that we did pull off the drive-climb time ratio yesterday. Climbed from like 10:30am to 8pm. Two nights in a row of 4 hrs of sleep though are catching up. I think my lecture on federalism today was pretty out of it.

Way to go on the drive-to-climb ration for a day trip. That was pretty impressive.

I've heard that Wildfire at Curbside was pretty cool. Never tried it though. Hard to get someone psyched about going to Curbside! Even though I thought one of the 10s there was decent, and an 11c (?) to the left of Wildfire was really really fun. It was years ago though... Maybe I can get Ed to go there with me sometime.

granite_grrl

Apr 24, 2013, 5:05 PM
Post #99185 of 105309 (3812 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work

I found out yesterday that they're going for three days, so the 9 hour drive isn't too bad, but I haven't figured out if I could take the day off or not.

snoopy138

Apr 24, 2013, 5:41 PM
Post #99186 of 105309 (3810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work

yeah, 9 hour drive mandates a minimum of 3 full days of climbing, preferably more.

snoopy138

Apr 24, 2013, 5:43 PM
Post #99187 of 105309 (3807 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work

I found out yesterday that they're going for three days, so the 9 hour drive isn't too bad, but I haven't figured out if I could take the day off or not.

that's getting to be more reasonable, though it depends on when you leave on that third day.

granite_grrl

Apr 24, 2013, 5:55 PM
Post #99188 of 105309 (3802 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Pluses
- It's the Gunks

Minuses
- Nathan has to work

that's getting to be more reasonable, though it depends on when you leave on that third day.

I'd be going for noon or 1pm on account that I'd like to see Nathan on the way back through.

I actually asked a friend if I could borrow her year pass. If I can then I might still go (assuming they haven't already found a 4th). Otherwise I'll just climb at home this weekend.

carabiner96

Apr 24, 2013, 6:43 PM
Post #99189 of 105309 (3790 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoo! We close on Friday and just found out our closing costs are $3500 less than we thought they were going to be. That's our new cabinets and most of the flooring!

lena_chita

Apr 24, 2013, 8:13 PM
Post #99190 of 105309 (3772 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Whoo! We close on Friday and just found out our closing costs are $3500 less than we thought they were going to be. That's our new cabinets and most of the flooring!

Nice! Is it because of the taxes being calculated backwards, or is it genuinely $3500 less?

carabiner96

Apr 24, 2013, 8:53 PM
Post #99191 of 105309 (3763 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Nice! Is it because of the taxes being calculated backwards, or is it genuinely $3500 less?
My impression is just that they highball the good faith estimates, but I always prepare to expect the worst.

obsessed

Apr 25, 2013, 1:19 AM
Post #99192 of 105309 (3749 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hope I remember how to do this.....
Read this and couldn't help but think of Jack
http://eveningsends.com/...letter-to-the-youth/

dr_feelgood

Apr 25, 2013, 2:12 AM
Post #99193 of 105309 (3734 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

obsessed wrote:

HOLY SHITBALLS!

obsessed

Apr 25, 2013, 2:45 PM
Post #99194 of 105309 (3715 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
obsessed wrote:

HOLY SHITBALLS!

Nice to see you too, Doc

snoopy138

Apr 25, 2013, 4:10 PM
Post #99195 of 105309 (3701 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
obsessed wrote:

HOLY SHITBALLS!

Nice to see you too, Doc

two posts without a cheesetit from the original Cheesetits!

granite_grrl

Apr 25, 2013, 4:36 PM
Post #99196 of 105309 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl

Apr 25, 2013, 4:37 PM
Post #99197 of 105309 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl

Apr 25, 2013, 4:38 PM
Post #99198 of 105309 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl

Apr 25, 2013, 4:38 PM
Post #99199 of 105309 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl

Apr 25, 2013, 4:40 PM
Post #99200 of 105309 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 ... 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook