Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Fall Video
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

 


vinnie83


Apr 25, 2013, 1:28 PM
Post #1 of 12 (2583 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2004
Posts: 111

Fall Video
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd8VT7PfO1A

Is it possible to buy a life insurance policy on someone you don't know and make yourself the beneficiary because I don't see this guy making it too much farther in life.


Syd


Apr 25, 2013, 1:53 PM
Post #2 of 12 (2570 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2012
Posts: 300

Re: [vinnie83] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I reckon his partner will die first from rockfall from that rubble pile he's on.


edge


Apr 25, 2013, 3:25 PM
Post #3 of 12 (2529 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9100

Re: [vinnie83] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

vinnie83 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd8VT7PfO1A

Is it possible to buy a life insurance policy on someone you don't know and make yourself the beneficiary because I don't see this guy making it too much farther in life.

He falls at around 1:40, take Dramamine if you intend to watch past that(there's no real reason to.)


notapplicable


Apr 25, 2013, 8:55 PM
Post #4 of 12 (2463 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [edge] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

"Small free solos and speed solos at white wash in the Albuquerque foothills" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwV28q_QXr0

Check out his youtube channel. Lots of good stuff on there. http://www.youtube.com/user/jfgp147


walkonyourhands


Apr 26, 2013, 5:00 AM
Post #5 of 12 (2424 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 7, 2004
Posts: 128

Re: [notapplicable] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

He has a rather unique way of clipping, too.

http://www.youtube.com/...;v=ghPvactO66k#t=59s


mojomonkey


Apr 26, 2013, 6:00 AM
Post #6 of 12 (2402 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Posts: 843

Re: [walkonyourhands] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Looks like he is a user here, and even posted that video to this site.

I hope he replies in here.

Jason, you need to take a step back before you get yourself hurt. You definitely should not be instructing others at this point either.


lena_chita
Moderator

Apr 26, 2013, 6:14 AM
Post #7 of 12 (2390 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5695

Re: [vinnie83] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

vinnie83 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd8VT7PfO1A

Is it possible to buy a life insurance policy on someone you don't know and make yourself the beneficiary because I don't see this guy making it too much farther in life.

What I like best is this explanation that accompanies the video, especially the bolded parts:

guy who fell wrote:
My friend is new to lead belaying and panicked when I fell. When I fell, I fell around 30ft give or take through a tree onto a some boulders when the rock I grabbed ended up being unstable and pulling out of the cliff face. Somehow at the time I felt nothing and was able to keep climbing, later though my back was bothering me. Tiffany did a great job belaying that day, just made a simple beginner mistake and did not drop her brake hand, plus with my run out, it was a free fall to the ground. I will however trust her to belay me again in the future. And yes, the audio cuts out a lot, I edited some stuff out intentionally


mojomonkey


Apr 26, 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #8 of 12 (2312 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Posts: 843

Re: [lena_chita] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

Bummer - he marked his videos private, and has removed the fall video from here.

Speak up Jason - maybe someone will meet up with you and you can improve?


Tfinney110


Apr 26, 2013, 1:20 PM
Post #9 of 12 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 30, 2012
Posts: 31

Re: [mojomonkey] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

PATHETIC that he took it down after reading the criticism. His balls must grow inward.

T.


walkonyourhands


Apr 26, 2013, 4:12 PM
Post #10 of 12 (2237 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 7, 2004
Posts: 128

Re: [mojomonkey] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

mojomonkey wrote:
Looks like he is a user here, and even posted that video to this site.

I hope he replies in here.

Jason, you need to take a step back before you get yourself hurt. You definitely should not be instructing others at this point either.


Don't tell him what to do, he's a pro.

https://www.facebook.com/jfgp147?ref=hl

OK, enough stalking, I guess, but it was linked in his youtube channel.


jt512


Apr 26, 2013, 4:23 PM
Post #11 of 12 (2227 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 11, 2001
Posts: 21892

Re: [lena_chita] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

What I like best is this explanation that accompanies the video, especially the bolded parts:

guy who fell wrote:
My friend is new to lead belaying and panicked when I fell. When I fell, I fell around 30ft give or take through a tree onto a some boulders when the rock I grabbed ended up being unstable and pulling out of the cliff face. Somehow at the time I felt nothing and was able to keep climbing, later though my back was bothering me. Tiffany did a great job belaying that day, just made a simple beginner mistake and did not drop her brake hand, plus with my run out, it was a free fall to the ground. I will however trust her to belay me again in the future. And yes, the audio cuts out a lot, I edited some stuff out intentionally

Nothing beats a belayer who does a great job belaying except when you fall.


notapplicable


Apr 26, 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #12 of 12 (2157 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [walkonyourhands] Fall Video [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

I watched one of the videos with an "interview" and he seems like a nice guys whos just SUPER psyched on climbing. So much so that it's working against him. He should probably just slow down a bit and get some more mileage and trade craft under his belt before jumping in to the deepend of trad climbing and freesoloing.

Meh. We all did dumb shit when we were young and wanting to climb every second of every day. Most of us got lucky and are still kicking around.


Forums : Climbing Information : General

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook