Forums: Community: Campground:
You be the judge, which is a better climbing photo?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

Poll: You be the judge, which is a better climbing photo?
Top (Jtree arete at sunset) 4 / 100%
Bottom (Canyonlands dihedral) 0 / 0%
4 total votes

jkenderes

Apr 26, 2013, 8:01 AM
Post #1 of 6 (900 views)
Shortcut

You be the judge, which is a better climbing photo?
Report this Post
Can't Post

The magazine Rock & Ice is holding a climbing photo competition in which the person whose photo has the most “likes” wins a spot on a 3-day photo camp with some professional adventure photographers. However, the way the gallery is setup seems biased because it’s arranged alphabetically by the photographer’s first name. It doesn't seem like a coincidence that the photo with the most votes (taken by a guy named Alain) is the very first one that comes up when you click to see the gallery. My photo, which is in second place as best as I can tell, is buried back on page 20 and who’s really going to go through all 40 pages of photos?

I thought about posting my photo under the name Aaron or something but that just wouldn't be honest, so instead I’m appealing to all you netizens to even the score.

To vote for the top picture click here:
http://www.rockandice.com/...st/justin-kenderes-1

To vote for the bottom picture, click here:
http://www.rockandice.com/...t/alain-delatejera-1

It may very well be that the very first picture in the gallery is also considered to be the best…I leave it to you to determine. Vote for whichever you feel is the best *climbing* picture knowing that the winner will have to opportunity to go and shoot professional climbers with top photographers in the field. Share and repost and let’s see where this goes! I just ask that if you repost you include this description with both links.

caughtinside

Apr 26, 2013, 9:14 AM
Post #2 of 6 (885 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jkenderes] You be the judge, which is a better climbing photo? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Looks like two top roping shots.

jkenderes

Apr 26, 2013, 4:08 PM
Post #3 of 6 (856 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You be the judge, which is a better climbing photo? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Haha...accurate observation :) I have plenty of lead pics but this seems to be the one that people like :)

chadnsc

Apr 27, 2013, 4:14 PM
Post #4 of 6 (842 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You be the judge, which is a better climbing photo? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

Your point being?

caughtinside

Apr 28, 2013, 7:39 PM
Post #5 of 6 (830 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] You be the judge, which is a better climbing photo? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Your point being?

I think you know what my point is.

Partner happiegrrrl

Apr 28, 2013, 9:15 PM
Post #6 of 6 (822 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like the top image better than the second one. But since you asked, I would like people to vote for the image from my friend Chris! Here is the link, and the image is shown below.
http://www.rockandice.com/...christian-fracchia-1

The climber is on "The Summer Direct, 5.12aR/X in the Gunks. Chris would really love to participate in the workshop, as I am sure would the OP. Best of luck to all.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$35.96 (10% off)
$6.75 (10% off)
$12.56 (10% off)
$10.89 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook