RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

Ozerom

Mar 13, 2013, 4:10 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1417 views)
Shortcut

Un artículo interesante sobre el pensamiento de los escaladores
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hace poco tiempo leí un artículo que me pareció muy interesante y lo quería compartir con todos. Es el siguiente:

http://desnivel.com/...guerreros-de-la-roca

Un saludo.

potreroed

Mar 14, 2013, 8:40 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1353 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Ozerom] Un artículo interesante sobre el pensamiento de los escaladores [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gracias, muy interesante.

rhei

Mar 14, 2013, 9:18 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1343 views)
Shortcut

Re: [potreroed] Un artículo interesante sobre el pensamiento de los escaladores [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I find that not thinking in Spanish is easier than not thinking in English.

Seriously, while I find the distinction Arno makes between thought and awareness/consciousness interesting, I don't understand how to put it into practice. How can I simultaneously pay attention to footwork, which is thoughtful, and enter the "zen-ish" non-thinking level of awareness that Arno suggests permits better attention to movement?

rmsusa

Mar 14, 2013, 12:15 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1334 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhei] Un artículo interesante sobre el pensamiento de los escaladores [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

With enough time and practice, what was once analytic becomes first merely thoughtful and finally instinctive awareness.

My best example is skiing the big, steep bumps. You can disconnect your brain, connect your eyes to your feet and just be. Let your animal self come through. It takes a long time and a lot of skiing to get there. A well practiced gymnastics routine is the same. So is a long familiar piece on a musical instrument.

If you have to ask, you haven't been there .... grasshopper.

viciado

Mar 15, 2013, 7:47 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1273 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhei] Un artículo interesante sobre el pensamiento de los escaladores [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The article title is a bit mis-leading in that the objective is not to actually stop thinking as to bring focus to your thought patterns...

"centrar la atención en el compromiso con nuestro cuerpo." (focus attention on the commitment to/with our body).

I haven't found that it is so mystical as some would have it, but it does require intentional discipline as well as practice to filter the varied input of various external and internal senses.

Ruff_Dog

Apr 27, 2013, 6:34 AM
Post #6 of 6 (935 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Ozerom] Un artículo interesante sobre el pensamiento de los escaladores [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Interesante. I don't know how to stop thinking when I climb though, because then I look down, and don't really trust my gear for some reason. Probably because the Grigri is the gym's and not mine.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$242.96 (10% off)
$62.06 (10% off)
$13.46 (10% off)
$292.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook