Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Trad Climbing:
freeclimbing p2 Invisible Airwaves (Looking Glass)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

5.samadhi

Apr 28, 2013, 8:28 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2850 views)
Shortcut

freeclimbing p2 Invisible Airwaves (Looking Glass)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everybody, its been a LONG while since I have freeclimbed p1 of invisible airwaves, but I remember looking at invisible airwaves p2 in awe and appreciation from the ledge.

Has anybody ever freeclimbed p2 that you know of? I thought I remember a few young guys doing it but I could be confusing it with other aid routes at LG (I know GM was freed by many people now). I'd like to aid IA soon if I can find the right partner and was interested in checking out the free moves on p2.

What would it go at if it was possible? Anybody have any beta on that? I searched but google is blocking any answer by turning up a lot of info about freeclimbing P1 (which is great and excellent in its own right as a 5.10 climb but not exactly what I was looking for).

Peace!!!! Cool

csproul

Apr 28, 2013, 9:10 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2839 views)
Shortcut

Re: [5.samadhi] freeclimbing p2 Invisible Airwaves (Looking Glass) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

5.samadhi wrote:
Hey everybody, its been a LONG while since I have freeclimbed p1 of invisible airwaves, but I remember looking at invisible airwaves p2 in awe and appreciation from the ledge.

Has anybody ever freeclimbed p2 that you know of? I thought I remember a few young guys doing it but I could be confusing it with other aid routes at LG (I know GM was freed by many people now). I'd like to aid IA soon if I can find the right partner and was interested in checking out the free moves on p2.

What would it go at if it was possible? Anybody have any beta on that? I searched but google is blocking any answer by turning up a lot of info about freeclimbing P1 (which is great and excellent in its own right as a 5.10 climb but not exactly what I was looking for).

Peace!!!! Cool
Ask on the CCC website, but I do not think it has been freed. It is an amazing pitch, though, even on aid.

5.samadhi

Apr 29, 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #3 of 4 (2813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [csproul] freeclimbing p2 Invisible Airwaves (Looking Glass) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the more I think about it I think that the guys I was thinking about (adam and laban) were doing freeclimbing on GM and also creatures of waste (I BELIEVE). It was a long time ago that I was talking to Adam about these projects.

I was up there hiking checking out these lines (I havent been on them in almost a decade!).

I think I will give it a whirl on aid once I have the right gear/partner.

thanks man!

ACJ

May 24, 2013, 5:21 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2629 views)
Shortcut

Re: [5.samadhi] freeclimbing p2 Invisible Airwaves (Looking Glass) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I always wanted to go up there and try to free that second pitch. I asked around and the only potential partners I could find were ones who had already tried and failed to free it.

Now I'm living in Oregon or else I would be stoked to head up there with you. Good luck and I hope you send!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook