Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

notapplicable

May 2, 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #42726 of 45342 (3606 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:

Nice. Little man looks happy. I forgive you for bailing on me.

notapplicable

May 2, 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #42727 of 45342 (3604 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbed the cracks at Junk Yard at the NRG on saturday evening and crashed out. Finished the drive to RRG sunday morning and put in another half day. Nothing amazing was accomplished but had lots of fun. Partner is rapidly picking up crack climbing technique which is a good sign.

Monday we went to pebble beach and climb a mix of sport and tard then went to long wall and got on The Gift. Made good progress but got spooked by the runout above the physical crux up high. It was just too close to our limit to risk the fall. Super classic route though.

Another half day on tuesday at military wall and then drove home. Got back around 23:00. Very tired today.

edge

May 2, 2013, 3:00 AM
Post #42728 of 45342 (3591 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
epoch wrote:
macherry wrote:
more ski task

i encourage have more than one pair of skis.

my ski rack includes:

2 X head sweet fat thang twin tips my go to teaching ski
line celebrity all round ski....my fun every day ski
line pandora super fat for those incredible powder skis
k2 phat love has my touring set up
elan slalom ski super fast carvers

I've got 4 pair.
Two i keep in SD for everything and my customs in Reno at my parent's house

BD Kilowatt 185- go-to everything ski has my touring setup on it
Salomon 160 - fun kick around on the groomers or in the park ski

In Reno:
K2 Fattie something 190 - Wide powder ski for Tahoe. My dad tried them and is scared..
Salomon custom 210 downhiller - because. i. can. for when I want to go balls-out fast - leftover from my racing days.

I technically have 2 pairs now, but it already might be time to say goodbye to pair 1

my first pair (k2 gotbacks) are loads of fun, but they are pretty dang short. I got them dirt cheap and they made learning really easy, but now that I'm used to a longer ski I'd rather own a longer version or one of similar dimensions in a longer ski

I also have some BD syncras

I don't know what my downhill skis are other than 185 cm K2s (Merlins?). Pretty old school although they are shaped. They get me down everything I need to get down, that's all I care about. I downsized from 201s a few years back to better negotiate moguls and crud on New England snow ice.

Now my backcountry skis are way old school Karhu XCD GT Comps circa 1981 with three pin bindings set on a releasable Voile plate. If skis could talk these bad boys would never shut up.

I didn't go downhill once last year, even passing up a trip to Breckinridge with the kids when we were in CO. No freaking way was I paying $125 for a day pass, especially when all the double BDs I would have spent all day on were closed.

I went BC skiing twice, but usually I only bust those out to get me someplace to do something else.

(This post was edited by edge on May 2, 2013, 3:26 AM)

Partner epoch

May 2, 2013, 3:18 AM
Post #42729 of 45342 (3586 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
epoch wrote:
macherry wrote:
more ski task

i encourage have more than one pair of skis.

my ski rack includes:

2 X head sweet fat thang twin tips my go to teaching ski
line celebrity all round ski....my fun every day ski
line pandora super fat for those incredible powder skis
k2 phat love has my touring set up
elan slalom ski super fast carvers

I've got 4 pair.
Two i keep in SD for everything and my customs in Reno at my parent's house

BD Kilowatt 185- go-to everything ski has my touring setup on it
Salomon 160 - fun kick around on the groomers or in the park ski

In Reno:
K2 Fattie something 190 - Wide powder ski for Tahoe. My dad tried them and is scared..
Salomon custom 210 downhiller - because. i. can. for when I want to go balls-out fast - leftover from my racing days.

kilowatts.........very nice.

yeah, I was sad to see them disappear from the BD lineup. They are a great ski and are just the right amount of everything. The only downside is that they are heavy for a 'real' touring ski. I have fritschi freeride bindings on them and I love having the entire ski flex underfoot. That's why they are my go-to ski for anything.

I do miss hopping on the racer, though. It's pretty awesome to see the looks on people's faces when they see this giant ski on the lift. When they're waxed right they haul balls and it has always made me a bit timid to get on them and point downhill.

The kilowatts race well, though, too!

edge

May 2, 2013, 3:23 AM
Post #42730 of 45342 (3582 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
I am surrounded by cardboard.

Just packed up most of the books, save for 20+/- that went into the RV. the fly rod tube fits nicely under the slide-out sofa, and fly vest is hanging in the bathroom closet (finless brown trout?)

Sold two hand made single cherry beds and a canopy tent through Craigslist. Need to find someone to adopt my cat. Giving away cacti & succulents. Have to trim the extension mirrors to fit on the Tundra. My new rope is still in the bag, waiting to be unwound and coiled for use.

Max graduates in 10 days and still needs to find a job, lest he become a nomadic couch surfer (there is a proud tradition in this inherited from yours truly). <<<<is the period supposed to go inside the parenthesis or out here?

Editing is weak, but so is faulty autocorrect.

wooo! you going to be able to provide TRs while on the road? where's the first stop or did I get GU'd already?

I'm not sure if I'll be posting TRs on here, maybe some on the Taco. It depends on whether or not I have free time and ambition to type during the nights in the RV.

We will start off with two nights visiting Karol's family near Schenectady, then a night in PA at my aunt's, a swing through WV to raft with J-ung, then a couple of nights at the bro-in-law's in Cincy. After that we will make straight for the Four Corners area of the desert SW to check out the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Escalante, Sedona, Mesa Verde, and whatever else calls to us before swinging through Cali, OR, WA, ID, MT, and SD before dropping down to CO. Or maybe not; we havez no planez.

Gmburns2000

May 2, 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #42731 of 45342 (3565 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Just packed up most of the books, save for 20+/- that went into the RV. the fly rod tube fits nicely under the slide-out sofa, and fly vest is hanging in the bathroom closet (finless brown trout?)

Sold two hand made single cherry beds and a canopy tent through Craigslist. Need to find someone to adopt my cat. Giving away cacti & succulents. Have to trim the extension mirrors to fit on the Tundra. My new rope is still in the bag, waiting to be unwound and coiled for use.

Max graduates in 10 days and still needs to find a job, lest he become a nomadic couch surfer (there is a proud tradition in this inherited from yours truly). <<<<is the period supposed to go inside the parenthesis or out here?

wooo! you going to be able to provide TRs while on the road? where's the first stop or did I get GU'd already?

I'm not sure if I'll be posting TRs on here, maybe some on the Taco. It depends on whether or not I have free time and ambition to type during the nights in the RV.

We will start off with two nights visiting Karol's family near Schenectady, then a night in PA at my aunt's, a swing through WV to raft with J-ung, then a couple of nights at the bro-in-law's in Cincy. After that we will make straight for the Four Corners area of the desert SW to check out the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Escalante, Sedona, Mesa Verde, and whatever else calls to us before swinging through Cali, OR, WA, ID, MT, and SD before dropping down to CO. Or maybe not; we havez no planez.

Sounds awesome. Best of luck to you with that. Pop in occasionally to keep us up to date with your travels and photos. Looking forward to living vicariously. I had a chance to do what you're doing but chose Chile instead. I don't regret it, but I still think about that kind of trip and where it would have led me.

So you think you'll have internet at the campgrounds?

edge

May 2, 2013, 9:42 PM
Post #42732 of 45342 (3552 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Sounds awesome. Best of luck to you with that. Pop in occasionally to keep us up to date with your travels and photos. Looking forward to living vicariously. I had a chance to do what you're doing but chose Chile instead. I don't regret it, but I still think about that kind of trip and where it would have led me.

Guessing here, but I expect that some will, and some won't.

It should be relatively easy to snap pics on my iPhone and upload them instantly on the Taco without direct interwebs connection, whereas doing the same in this prehistoric dinosaur of a site is a major PITA. Hence, I may be dead to all of you (golf clap.)

(This post was edited by edge on May 2, 2013, 9:49 PM)

Gmburns2000

May 3, 2013, 3:38 PM
Post #42733 of 45342 (3536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

It should be relatively easy to snap pics on my iPhone and upload them instantly on the Taco without direct interwebs connection, whereas doing the same in this prehistoric dinosaur of a site is a major PITA. Hence, I may be dead to all of you (golf clap.)

well, send us the link at the very least. I only go over there when time permits, which is very rare these days. I don't even remember if I have a username over there.

Partner macherry

May 3, 2013, 4:59 PM
Post #42734 of 45342 (3528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

well, send us the link at the very least. I only go over there when time permits, which is very rare these days. I don't even remember if I have a username over there.

i will lurk on the facspace for updates

Gmburns2000

May 3, 2013, 5:15 PM
Post #42735 of 45342 (3527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

ah, good point. forgot about that.

edge

May 3, 2013, 5:19 PM
Post #42736 of 45342 (3525 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Facebook lurkers bum me out. I need " likes" and instant validation, dammit! Maybe a comment like "OMG! So jealous!! You are so pimp!"

(This post was edited by edge on May 3, 2013, 5:20 PM)

Gmburns2000

May 3, 2013, 5:30 PM
Post #42737 of 45342 (3520 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Facebook lurkers bum me out. I need " likes" and instant validation, dammit! Maybe a comment like "OMG! So jealous!! You are so pimp!"

I need more stuff like you slaying vampires while leading an x-rated climb at the crux to use the word pimp beyond it's normal definition.

Partner epoch

May 3, 2013, 5:50 PM
Post #42738 of 45342 (3512 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

I will feed your narcissism if you allow it to happen. My lurking skills are honed.

Partner macherry

May 3, 2013, 6:10 PM
Post #42739 of 45342 (3510 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

I will feed your narcissism if you allow it to happen. My lurking skills are honed.

+1

edge

May 4, 2013, 12:36 PM
Post #42740 of 45342 (3491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

+1

Update! (because I haven't left yet)

I was recharging the battery in the RV by running the truck on Wed, and the truck overheated sending a river of coolant down the driveway. I took it to the mechanics, and needed a new radiator so he is replacing the thermostat also. Turns out I was also losing power steering fluid, and needed a new steering column or some-such. I pick it up today, $1350...

Better it happened here while I still have time to deal with it than get stuck in Nebraska or other version of hell en route to the West.

Picking up a receiver for the RV satellite dish later today. Got to be able to watch the red hot Sox. Need to set up mail forwarding and finish boxing our stuff. Anyone want to stop by and help me load a 500# table saw, a jointer, mortising machine, band saw, and drill press into the POD? Bueller?

I'll give you a cacti or succulent of your choice for the effort.

Gmburns2000

May 4, 2013, 4:16 PM
Post #42741 of 45342 (3485 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

I was recharging the battery in the RV by running the truck on Wed, and the truck overheated sending a river of coolant down the driveway. I took it to the mechanics, and needed a new radiator so he is replacing the thermostat also. Turns out I was also losing power steering fluid, and needed a new steering column or some-such. I pick it up today, $1350...

Better it happened here while I still have time to deal with it than get stuck in Nebraska or other version of hell en route to the West.

Heh - gotta love last minute fixes eh? BTW - have you researched how far across country you can use your EZ-pass? I think it'll go as far as Ohio, but I can't remember.

In reply to:
Picking up a receiver for the RV satellite dish later today. Got to be able to watch the red hot Sox. Need to set up mail forwarding and finish boxing our stuff. Anyone want to stop by and help me load a 500# table saw, a jointer, mortising machine, band saw, and drill press into the POD? Bueller?

I was going to swing by, but then I realized I can't. Sorry. Unsure

notapplicable

May 4, 2013, 5:03 PM
Post #42742 of 45342 (3481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In Memphis for two days of Blues, BBQ and beer.

That is all.

notapplicable

May 4, 2013, 5:05 PM
Post #42743 of 45342 (3479 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

+1

Sounds like the adventures have begun a bit early!

Gmburns2000

May 4, 2013, 7:19 PM
Post #42744 of 45342 (3468 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:

That is all.

That sounds like fun. Honestly, it sounds like a lot of fun. Festival?

Partner macherry

May 5, 2013, 12:28 AM
Post #42745 of 45342 (3451 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

+1

you're on your own

edge

May 5, 2013, 3:57 AM
Post #42746 of 45342 (3445 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Picked up the Tundra today, but now it needs an alignment because mechanic #1 doesn't have the equipment; the steering wheel is at 1:30 when driving straight. Going to get the AC checked at the same time.

Went to Camping World which is an RV cash suck. The satellite receiver we need was on sale but sold out, so we got a rain check. Also picked up a bicycle rack for the tow hitch which will save a ton of space inside the truck bed. Considering a generator, just need to see if 4k watts is enough to run the AC.

This whole thing is getting embarrassing, really.

(This post was edited by edge on May 5, 2013, 3:58 AM)

notapplicable

May 5, 2013, 9:01 AM
Post #42747 of 45342 (3436 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

That is all.

Yeah. Memphis In May. Plenty of good bands but it's more of a party/mardi gras scene than it was when I came 7 years ago.

Heartless Bastards, Patti Smith and The Roots were all good. The Roots fucking killed it, actually.

Gonna check out Al Kapone and Public Enemy to start things off tomorrow.

notapplicable

May 5, 2013, 9:03 AM
Post #42748 of 45342 (3431 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

That is all.

Yeah. Memphis In May. Plenty of good bands but it's more of a party/mardi gras scene than it was when I came 7 years ago.

Heartless Bastards, Patti Smith and The Roots were all good. The Roots fucking killed it, actually.

Every time I stuck my head in the blues tent, I wasn't liking what I was hearing, so I kept moving. Hopefully that lineup is better tomorrow.

Gmburns2000

May 5, 2013, 3:30 PM
Post #42749 of 45342 (3422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Picked up the Tundra today, but now it needs an alignment because mechanic #1 doesn't have the equipment; the steering wheel is at 1:30 when driving straight. Going to get the AC checked at the same time.

Went to Camping World which is an RV cash suck. The satellite receiver we need was on sale but sold out, so we got a rain check. Also picked up a bicycle rack for the tow hitch which will save a ton of space inside the truck bed. Considering a generator, just need to see if 4k watts is enough to run the AC.

This whole thing is getting embarrassing, really.

Don't forget the deep cycle extra freezer. You know you're going to need it to freeze food after you buy the travelling blender and juicer.

Gmburns2000

May 5, 2013, 3:39 PM
Post #42750 of 45342 (3421 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

That is all.

Every time I stuck my head in the blues tent, I wasn't liking what I was hearing, so I kept moving. Hopefully that lineup is better tomorrow.

I would love to see The Roots. Proceed is one of my favorite hip-hop songs.

I'd love to see Public Enemy, too. I wonder if they'll do Bring Tha Noise, or if they even have the capability.

But yeah, for a blues show...not a lot of names up there. ^^

First page Previous page 1 ... 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook