Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Yosemite terrorist attacks: lightning-bolt removal!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

USnavy

May 8, 2013, 7:03 AM
Post #1 of 15 (6742 views)
Shortcut

Yosemite terrorist attacks: lightning-bolt removal!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (9 ratings)  
Can't Post

Oh god, the pain, someone removed the lightning bolt on Midnight Lightning. What will we ever do?

http://www.jamesclucas.blogspot.com/2013/04/yosemite-bolt-wars_26.html

p.s. The M Proj guys are flipping a shit because of it. If only we had more important things to be worried about, you know like terrorist attacks, a 10% unemployment rate, $5/gal fuel charges, crap economy, you know, the minor stuff. It saddens me that four climbers were killed in the CO/UT area in the past few weeks, but we are more concerned about a tick mark on a pebble.

(This post was edited by USnavy on May 11, 2013, 4:06 AM)

meanandugly

May 8, 2013, 10:40 AM
Post #2 of 15 (6694 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Yosemite terrorest attacks: lightning-bolt removal! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (8 ratings)  
Can't Post

And you found that your dislike of the importance issue so important you chose to write about it here, instead of discussing the other issues you mention.

Kartessa

May 8, 2013, 1:16 PM
Post #3 of 15 (6641 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meanandugly] Yosemite terrorest attacks: lightning-bolt removal! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

meanandugly wrote:
And you found that your dislike of the importance issue so important you chose to write about it here, instead of discussing the other issues you mention.

Because when USBaby bitches about the other stuff he gets put on his place. Rightfully so.

rocknice2

May 8, 2013, 4:40 PM
Post #4 of 15 (6562 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

It's about time. That thing was any eye sore. Good riddance.

majid_sabet

May 8, 2013, 5:07 PM
Post #5 of 15 (6535 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
Oh god, the pain, someone removed the lightning bolt on Midnight Lightning. What will we ever do.

p.s. The M Proj guys are flipping a shit because of it. If only we had more important things to be worried about, you know like terrorist attacks, a 10% unemployment rate, $5/gal fuel charges, crap economy, you know, the minor stuff. It saddens me that four climbers were killed in the CO/UT area in the past few weeks, but we are more concerned about a tick mark on a pebble.

Yosemite terrorest attacks: lightning-bolt removal!

when the official US soldier can't even spell the terrorist correct, what would you expect ?

(This post was edited by majid_sabet on May 8, 2013, 5:10 PM)

USnavy

May 8, 2013, 5:24 PM
Post #6 of 15 (6524 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Yosemite terrorest attacks: lightning-bolt removal! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
USnavy wrote:
Oh god, the pain, someone removed the lightning bolt on Midnight Lightning. What will we ever do.

when the official US soldier can't even spell the terrorist correct, what would you expect ?
Says the guy that is unaware that we capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence and we don't place a space after the end-sentence punctuation.

majid_sabet

May 8, 2013, 5:35 PM
Post #7 of 15 (6512 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
USnavy wrote:

Says the guy that is unaware that we capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence and we don't place a space after the end-sentence punctuation.

I have every right to make mistakes while writing in English cause its not my mother language but you on the other hand,

shame on you soldier

move it

move it

move it

Kartessa

May 8, 2013, 6:41 PM
Post #8 of 15 (6473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
USnavy wrote:

I didn't know that the US military actively recruited grammar nazis.

shockabuku

May 9, 2013, 3:20 AM
Post #9 of 15 (6323 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Yosemite terrorist attacks: lightning-bolt removal! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:

I'd get a picture and draw it back on.

Then if I was really concerned I'd ask the Park Service to prosecute him under the same laws that don't allow defacing ancient rock paintings. It was a cultural artifact. Having to do it at night implies that he knew he was in the wrong.

shockabuku

May 9, 2013, 3:22 AM
Post #10 of 15 (6322 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Yosemite terrorest attacks: lightning-bolt removal! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
USnavy wrote:

The Navy doesn't employ soldiers, dumbass. Navy:sailors as Army:soldiers.

majid_sabet

May 9, 2013, 4:04 PM
Post #11 of 15 (6234 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Yosemite terrorest attacks: lightning-bolt removal! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
USnavy wrote:

so what do you call USNAVY if he was some grease monkey changing oil in air force ?

sbaclimber

May 9, 2013, 6:17 PM
Post #12 of 15 (6190 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
shockabuku wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
USnavy wrote:

so what do you call USNAVY if he was some grease monkey changing oil in air force ?
mechanic...!?

Shroom

May 9, 2013, 8:37 PM
Post #13 of 15 (6147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
shockabuku wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
USnavy wrote:

It doesn't matter what branch of the military he is in, I would still call USN a moron.

Partner camhead

May 9, 2013, 9:07 PM
Post #14 of 15 (6132 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Shroom] Yosemite terrorest attacks: lightning-bolt removal! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey USNavy, if you are going to edit your original post and then make fun of majid's typing mistakes, maybe you should re-edit so that the question in your second sentence actually ends with a question mark.

Just a thought.

marc801

May 9, 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #15 of 15 (6097 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rocknice2] Yosemite terrorest attacks: lightning-bolt removal! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rocknice2 wrote:
It's about time. That thing was any eye sore. Good riddance.
You might want to read this thread on Supertopo
http://www.supertopo.com/...3/Yosemite-Bolt-Wars
for some perspective before saying anything else foolish.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook