RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

mcrafton

May 10, 2013, 5:31 AM
Post #1 of 4 (703 views)
Shortcut

Camping in Red River Gorge Kentucky
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey guys I'm headed up to Kentucky for about 3 weeks to climb at the red and I was just wondering if there are any good FREE campsites that we should check out. Something close to the motherlode area would be ideal. I know about miguels pizza but we will probably only stay there when we need a rest day so that 2 dollars a day doesn't add up.

BenC

May 10, 2013, 7:22 AM
Post #2 of 4 (666 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mcrafton] Camping in Red River Gorge Kentucky [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't believe that there are any. You can backwoods camp, but you need a pass. You can buy a pass at the Shell (?) station at the Slade exit. I believe they are $3 a day, or $5 for three days or $30 for a year.

snoopy138

May 10, 2013, 9:03 AM
Post #3 of 4 (629 views)
Shortcut

Re: [BenC] Camping in Red River Gorge Kentucky [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

BenC wrote:
You can backwoods camp, but you need a pass. You can buy a pass at the Shell (?) station at the Slade exit. I believe they are $3 a day, or $5 for three days or $30 for a year.

Isn't that all up in the Gorge proper? He's asking for camping down near the motherlode. Pretty sure there's nothing free.

lkeegan

May 10, 2013, 11:11 AM
Post #4 of 4 (589 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] Camping in Red River Gorge Kentucky [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
BenC wrote:
You can backwoods camp, but you need a pass. You can buy a pass at the Shell (?) station at the Slade exit. I believe they are $3 a day, or $5 for three days or $30 for a year.

Isn't that all up in the Gorge proper? He's asking for camping down near the motherlode. Pretty sure there's nothing free.

I think you're right. Plus there are some really creepy people in the woods... There was some man hunting snakes because his wife stole everything from him when friends of mine were going to camp in the woods. They came running back to Miguels. $2 is pretty close to free.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$7.65 (10% off)
$22.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook