Forums: Climbing Information: Gear Heads:
solutions, futura, or shamans. what should my next pair of shoes be?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

amphotography89

May 14, 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3608 views)
Shortcut

solutions, futura, or shamans. what should my next pair of shoes be?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

First things first I know everyones feet and climbing styles are different. So when giving me your opinion tell me what one YOU would buy and why YOU would buy it.

Any rate. Im not sure which to get. I'm obviously looking for an aggressive bouldering/sport climbing shoe. I have heard great things about all three. Im sort of partial to La Sportiva because ive been climbing in mythos for over a year now. Im a little skeptical on the futura's no edge thing. Does this really make a noticeable difference or is this just a gimic. I havjf really heard of anything bad about solutions.

I dont know much about evolv. But the shamans are on a lot of peoples "top 10 bouldering shoes"

Thanks guys

Kartessa

May 14, 2013, 2:38 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3578 views)
Shortcut

Re: [amphotography89] solutions, futura, or shamans. what should my next pair of shoes be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

amphotography89 wrote:
First things first I know everyones feet and climbing styles are different. So when giving me your opinion tell me what one YOU would buy and why YOU would buy it.

Any rate. Im not sure which to get. I'm obviously looking for an aggressive bouldering/sport climbing shoe. I have heard great things about all three. Im sort of partial to La Sportiva because ive been climbing in mythos for over a year now. Im a little skeptical on the futura's no edge thing. Does this really make a noticeable difference or is this just a gimic. I havjf really heard of anything bad about solutions.

I dont know much about evolv. But the shamans are on a lot of peoples "top 10 bouldering shoes"

Thanks guys

I would buy the solutions because they're the only one of the three that fit my feet.

Syd

May 14, 2013, 5:11 AM
Post #3 of 7 (3552 views)
Shortcut

Re: [amphotography89] solutions, futura, or shamans. what should my next pair of shoes be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The most important thing is something that fits. My wife loves her Solutions but they are hopeless for me. I loved my Muira's before I hurt my big toe joints and had to get bigger shoes ... the bigger Muira's were terrible for me. I've just bought a pair of Prime SC ... the new ones seem much better than the old 2 strap version. They seem roughly comparable to the Muira's although a different shape but they fit me better. I've had a couple of pairs of Anasazis but I don't like the new ones. I didn't want anything too aggressive because smearing is important for me.

My suggestion is just try them all on and see what works for YOU.

ACJ

May 14, 2013, 5:33 AM
Post #4 of 7 (3549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Futura. Why? You and I both wear out our shoes. The model matters less than my skill. I might as well geek out on new technology since I like that kind of thing.

Plus maybe I could use the no edge concept as a cop out for not sending...

lkeegan

May 14, 2013, 4:14 PM
Post #5 of 7 (3499 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

amphotography89 wrote:

Thanks guys

I own the solutions, I got them practically new for $4 and I wouldn't pay much more than $40 for them. The heal cup is GIGANTIC!! I have a pair of the Muira VS and I like them a lot more than the solutions. I would pay $140 for the Muira VS or $40 for the solutions. I can't comment on your other shoes. But I would try to heel hook in the solutions before buying them.

Kartessa

May 15, 2013, 9:46 PM
Post #6 of 7 (3436 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

amphotography89 wrote:

All 3 are very different shoes with different fits.

Frakken n00b

lena_chita

May 16, 2013, 1:51 AM
Post #7 of 7 (3408 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

amphotography89 wrote:

None, because none of these three fits me.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook