Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

May 15, 2013, 3:52 PM
Post #99451 of 105309 (4351 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Shoddy PTFTW?

drivel

May 15, 2013, 3:53 PM
Post #99452 of 105309 (4351 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
back to werk now.

Got a molar drilled for a crown this am. Feel like I got punched in the fase.

You and my older-kiddo both. He didn't get any teeth drilled. He just had his braces adjusted this morning. Oi, the whining.

dude, did you have braces??

that shit hurts.

No, I have never had braces, as my child repeatedly pointed out. I offered hugs and ibuprophen.

The conversation went like this:

D:you can't imagine the agony, you never had braces!
Me:True, but I had a few other painful experiences. Ibuprophen will help some.
D: you are not allowed to tell stories of tonsilectomy without anesthesia!
Me: i wasn't thinking that, i was thinking childbirth
D: childbirth doesn't last 2 YEARS!!!
Me: you are correct, it is more like 20. Now, do you want ibuprophen?
D:I just want to whine, O.K.? And pancakes! WITH ibuprophen.

yeah it's not generally a sharp pain. it jut feels like your whole head aches, centered in your jaw and teeth. but there's nothing you can do about it. it makes you want to roll around on the ground and thrash and rub your face against something like a dog but instead you just have to sit there hurting.

I would not-eat for days after every time i had mine adjusted. not even joking, I think it delayed me entering puberty because I was already so skinny and pretty much not eating for 5 days a month for two years did not help that at all.

granite_grrl

May 15, 2013, 3:54 PM
Post #99453 of 105309 (4349 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not sure what my mother will do when she comes to visit, on account that I don't have a sofa at all now. I doubt she'll be thrillen when I tell her she needs to climb up to the mini loft behind my training wall.

drivel

May 15, 2013, 3:57 PM
Post #99454 of 105309 (4346 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
back to werk now.

You and my older-kiddo both. He didn't get any teeth drilled. He just had his braces adjusted this morning. Oi, the whining.

that shit hurts.

No, I have never had braces, as my child repeatedly pointed out. I offered hugs and ibuprophen.

yeah it's not generally a sharp pain. it jut feels like your whole head aches, centered in your jaw and teeth. but there's nothing you can do about it. it makes you want to roll around on the ground and thrash and rub your face against something like a dog but instead you just have to sit there hurting.

I would not-eat for days after every time i had mine adjusted. not even joking, I think it delayed me entering puberty because I was already so skinny and pretty much not eating for 5 days a month for two years did not help that at all.

now that I think about it though, I don't recall my parents ever noticing. and it would have never occurred to me to ask them for help.

weird the stuff you think is normal until you try and tell someone else about it and you realize it sounds bizarre.

snoopy138

May 15, 2013, 4:16 PM
Post #99455 of 105309 (4343 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Done with my grad class. Aced the final. So now I have time to fuck around again. In real life and on rc.brent_e.

snoopy138 wrote:
spent teh weke end in denver, mostly drinking.

I, on the other hand, got the fuck OWT of Denver for the weekend. Flew to Vegas to meet a partner from Boston. We did Cloud Tower. Fun route. I like crack, and there's all kinds of goodness on that one.

Today I too got crowned. Gold is the only way to go. Dentist is making a mint off me - third one in under two years. Wish I'd not rotted all my teeth when I was a stupid kid. But at least my wife will get something from me when I die, all that bling in my pie hole.

GO

Cloud Tower? Nice! That thing is high on my to-do list, for some reason it always appealed to me way more than Rainbow Wall, even.

you know, i knew there was a 100% chance you were going to be unable to help yoreself and respond to this.

snoopy138

May 15, 2013, 4:18 PM
Post #99456 of 105309 (4341 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Done with my grad class. Aced the final. So now I have time to fuck around again. In real life and on rc.brent_e.

snoopy138 wrote:

I, on the other hand, got the fuck OWT of Denver for the weekend. Flew to Vegas to meet a partner from Boston. We did Cloud Tower. Fun route. I like crack, and there's all kinds of goodness on that one.

Today I too got crowned. Gold is the only way to go. Dentist is making a mint off me - third one in under two years. Wish I'd not rotted all my teeth when I was a stupid kid. But at least my wife will get something from me when I die, all that bling in my pie hole.

GO

Gold, really? I thought only Russian mafia did that.

And I dunno why May 14th was declared the BET dental hygiene day. I always thought it was the Warsaw pact day.

Or Punks in the Gym Day.

(if anyone gets that reference I will be very impressed.)

first 5.14?

snoopy138

May 15, 2013, 4:22 PM
Post #99457 of 105309 (4339 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So there was this guy from Hamilton (ON) who was trying to sell his truck online. Someone came last week to test drive it and the guy and his truck dissapeared.

Found the guy's burned remains this week, his truck was in a packing crate in someone's driveway.

What the fuck is wrong with this world.

yikes! Don't tell the loyerette! I'm trying to sell the pink cowch.

I don't want to unload it, but it won't fit through a doorway into the extra room, and we got the big sectional from the tenants who moved out of our old place. No place to put it.

RIP pink couch. Frown So many good times.

oh n03z!

lena_chita

May 15, 2013, 5:29 PM
Post #99458 of 105309 (4334 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
back to werk now.

that shit hurts.

now that I think about it though, I don't recall my parents ever noticing. and it would have never occurred to me to ask them for help.

weird the stuff you think is normal until you try and tell someone else about it and you realize it sounds bizarre.

yeah, that's what D says-- about the whole face aching and wanting to rub it. He does eat though. I just cook softer things for the first couple days.

Last time it lasted two days. He was pretty miserable at dinnertime last night, and took ibuprophen at dinner and again before bed, but seemed better this morning.

I don't know how you can not-notice that your child is in pain. I mean, maybe you were much better at concealing it than D. is, and there were 4 of you to keep track of, but...

I used to try and hide how sick I was from my parents, bc my Mom reacted with horror to every little cold. Like, she would literally come running into my room in the middle of the night every time I had a bout of coughing. So I would try to stifle it by coughing into my pillow and under blanket, so she won't hear me. Silly! but to this day, I try not to tell her if I am sick, bc she worries herself sick over every little thing.

lena_chita

May 15, 2013, 5:32 PM
Post #99459 of 105309 (4333 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Not sure what my mother will do when she comes to visit, on account that I don't have a sofa at all now. I doubt she'll be thrillen when I tell her she needs to climb up to the mini loft behind my training wall.

No chance you could have the pink couch magically transported to Canada?

Oh well then, you sleep in the loft, and your mom gets your bed, problem solved?

Partner camhead

May 15, 2013, 5:50 PM
Post #99460 of 105309 (4332 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So there was this guy from Hamilton (ON) who was trying to sell his truck online. Someone came last week to test drive it and the guy and his truck dissapeared.

Found the guy's burned remains this week, his truck was in a packing crate in someone's driveway.

What the fuck is wrong with this world.

yikes! Don't tell the loyerette! I'm trying to sell the pink cowch.

I don't want to unload it, but it won't fit through a doorway into the extra room, and we got the big sectional from the tenants who moved out of our old place. No place to put it.

RIP pinch couch. Frown So many good times.

Aww, tragic. That couch was actually really comfortable to sleep on. Too bad dribble will never know its charms.

Partner camhead

May 15, 2013, 5:53 PM
Post #99461 of 105309 (4329 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:

snoopy138 wrote:

GO

And I dunno why May 14th was declared the BET dental hygiene day. I always thought it was the Warsaw pact day.

Or Punks in the Gym Day.

(if anyone gets that reference I will be very impressed.)

first 5.14?

Of course Snoppy got it.

Partner cracklover

May 15, 2013, 6:08 PM
Post #99462 of 105309 (4327 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:

snoopy138 wrote:

GO

How d'you know I'm not russian mafia?

Gold lasts way better than the other shit they make crowns out of.

Clam - It was way worthy, but just FYI, guy I did it with has done OR on Rainbow Wall, and said the crux pitch of Cloud Tower was way harder than anything on the OR.

I can't speak to that, but it felt every bit of 12-, very tricky, and a bit sustained.

GO

Yeah, OR didn't feel much more than 11+ to me, at least the variation we did that skipped the hard first pitch.

Did ewe gheys zend it?

Nope. Not even close. I sent my hard pitch - the 11c last pitch. Sadly, he couldn't even hangdog his way up that one - it was full-on aidz. But more to the point, I fell following the real crux of the route, the 12- tips pitch. And he fell all over it, leading it. Although at least we both did all the moves on that one.

In other gnus, my professor just gave me permission to re-do one of my homework assignments. The one where he didn't give any way for folks with my PC to install the software required. I figured out a work-around since then. Kind of mixed feelings about it. It means my grade will probably get pushed up into the range where I'll get fully reimbursed by my company, instead of just the partial reimbursement I'll get with my grade as-is. But it also means all my evenings are down the hole until I get it done.

On the plus side for y'all, I'll be too busy to bug you again for a few days.

GO

granite_grrl

May 15, 2013, 6:31 PM
Post #99463 of 105309 (4325 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

No chance you could have the pink couch magically transported to Canada?

Oh well then, you sleep in the loft, and your mom gets your bed, problem solved?

I'd probably just share the bed with her, it's more the lounging time during the day. And I decided to have a training wall instead of a sitting area, there's not enough room for both.

Partner cracklover

May 15, 2013, 6:54 PM
Post #99464 of 105309 (4321 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
huh. photobucket changed their format and added those weird urls in. oh well.

I did not opt for gold fillings. I don't even think I was offered gold fillings. Mad

However, there is a grillz shop 3 blocks from my house.

A couple of my old fillings had to be removed because a cavity started to form at the edge of them. Not sure if it was shoddy workmanship in the first place or what.

But because of that I think I only have a couple of my old metal fillings left. They now fill them with some white epoxy or something now.

That's what my dentist did, except when she got the old fillings out, she claimed that one of the teeth had a crack under where the old filling was, and if she didn't put a crown there, she'd have to miss a boat payment. Oh wait, no, that's what I heard. I think she said something like "blah blah has to have a crown or your tooth will snap in half blah blah."

Course I could've told her to fuck off, but then I'd have had a nice naked half a tooth with a huge hole it until I found another dentist to get a second opinion. So now I just look like a russian mafia's scrawny nephew with a mouth full of bling.

GO

dr_feelgood

May 15, 2013, 9:05 PM
Post #99465 of 105309 (4312 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
back to werk now.

that shit hurts.

Braces are the suck. I was a gap-toothed little bastard, so I am kind of glad I had them, but they were still miserable.

snoopy138

May 15, 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #99466 of 105309 (4298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
back to werk now.

that shit hurts.

Braces are the suck. I was a gap-toothed little bastard, so I am kind of glad I had them, but they were still miserable.

drup. pretty much my zentiments.

lena_chita

May 16, 2013, 1:58 AM
Post #99467 of 105309 (4287 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I did not opt for gold fillings. I don't even think I was offered gold fillings. Mad

A couple of my old fillings had to be removed because a cavity started to form at the edge of them. Not sure if it was shoddy workmanship in the first place or what.

But because of that I think I only have a couple of my old metal fillings left. They now fill them with some white epoxy or something now.

That's what my dentist did, except when she got the old fillings out, she claimed that one of the teeth had a crack under where the old filling was, and if she didn't put a crown there, she'd have to miss a boat payment. Oh wait, no, that's what I heard. I think she said something like "blah blah has to have a crown or your tooth will snap in half blah blah."

Course I could've told her to fuck off, but then I'd have had a nice naked half a tooth with a huge hole it until I found another dentist to get a second opinion. So now I just look like a russian mafia's scrawny nephew with a mouth full of bling.

GO

I am honestly surprised that a dentist would put on a gold crown these days. I have a crown on one tooth, and it is the white epoxy/ceramic stuff, whatever it is, the same thing that they make implants from. I don't think there was even discussion of whether to make it gold, or not. And it was really cool to watch it being made from the imprint.

caughtinside

May 16, 2013, 4:15 AM
Post #99468 of 105309 (4281 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

I am honestly surprised that a dentist would put on a gold crown these days. I have a crown on one tooth, and it is the white epoxy/ceramic stuff, whatever it is, the same thing that they make implants from. I don't think there was even discussion of whether to make it gold, or not. And it was really cool to watch it being made from the imprint.

you watched? I was sobbing quietly with my eyes closed, after that sadist ground my tooth down to the root with a dremel. The other dremel.

Some masked chick squirting water on it so it didn't melt, while burnt tasting tooth dust fell down my throat.

teh suk.

Partner camhead

May 16, 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #99469 of 105309 (4242 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

you watched? I was sobbing quietly with my eyes closed, after that sadist ground my tooth down to the root with a dremel. The other dremel.

Some masked chick squirting water on it so it didn't melt, while burnt tasting tooth dust fell down my throat.

teh suk.

I think I mentioned a few months ago how I had to get a minor filling put in on my upper incisor. It was weird, having that whole upper lip/nose area numb, but after the appointment, I took advantage of the numbness to do an EPIC nose hair pulling sesh. It was very satisfying.

lena_chita

May 16, 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #99470 of 105309 (4242 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

teh suk.

Of course I watched! This begs for "mother Russia" comment, somehow, but I am fresh out of funny.

lena_chita

May 16, 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #99471 of 105309 (4240 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

teh suk.

I think I mentioned a few months ago how I had to get a minor filling put in on my upper incisor. It was weird, having that whole upper lip/nose area numb, but after the appointment, I took advantage of the numbness to do an EPIC nose hair pulling sesh. It was very satisfying.

Last time I had a filling done, to replace an old one on an upper molar, the numbness went all the way into my eye. Never happened before, but it was a very weird feeling. even worse when the numbness started going away, and It felt like my eye was crawling with ants.

granite_grrl

May 16, 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #99472 of 105309 (4238 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The dentist is teh suck.

I'm about a year over due for a cleaning and check up. I'm going to have to suck it up and find a dentist up here eventually for this shiz.

I'm also going to have to refill my BC perscription here soon. Easy thing to do through a walk in clinic, but there is serious lack of them up here.

drivel

May 16, 2013, 1:57 PM
Post #99473 of 105309 (4224 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
back to werk now.

that shit hurts.

drup. pretty much my zentiments.

i'm glad in retrospect cause my teeth were amazingly crooked, as a result of being too big for the amount of space they actually had on my jaw.

i guess the ortho first looked and came back and told my parents they wanted to pull 4 teeth. (maybe 6) and my parents were like try the fuck again. so instead i got a delightful thing that pushed my molars back and the back side of my bite slightly outward.

it hurt like fuuuuuck but i have mostly straight teeth now. i would have actually straight teeth if i'd've worn my retainer but i didn't like the way that my teeth didn't feel like they actually *closed* when they were perfectly "straight." probably something about how they'd worn when they were cooked, but at any rate one of my bottom teeth still rests within the row of my top teeth when my mouth closes. the ortho wanted that tooth to be properly behind the top row but i didnt like the way it felt.

instead of SAYING that i just didnt wear my retainer.

i was a smart kid, clearly.

Partner camhead

May 16, 2013, 2:49 PM
Post #99474 of 105309 (4212 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Skype-terview? Shirtcocking!

granite_grrl

May 16, 2013, 3:12 PM
Post #99475 of 105309 (4211 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Skype-terview? Shirtcocking!

I've had lots of phone interviews, but theyhave never gone there.

I'm sometimes curious what people think I look like when I'm just talking on the phone with them. Female control engineers aren't that common, nor are control engineers who are fit and do much outside of work.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook