Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

May 16, 2013, 6:25 PM
Post #99476 of 105309 (6112 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Skype-terview? Shirtcocking!

PTFTW? Definitely shirtcocking!

dr_feelgood

Post #99477 of 105309 (6111 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

be sure not to stand up during the interview

dr_feelgood

Post #99478 of 105309 (6111 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

dr_feelgood

May 16, 2013, 6:26 PM
Post #99479 of 105309 (6110 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SP

drivel

May 16, 2013, 6:35 PM
Post #99480 of 105309 (6104 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

howd it go?

Partner camhead

May 16, 2013, 7:45 PM
Post #99481 of 105309 (6096 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

howd it go?

Technology fail. The stupid application that they were using for the interview (not Skype) never worked so they just conference called me. I think it went well, though.

lena_chita

May 16, 2013, 7:51 PM
Post #99482 of 105309 (6095 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

howd it go?

Technology fail. The stupid application that they were using for the interview (not Skype) never worked so they just conference called me. I think it went well, though.

I was just going to ask. Fingers crossed!

Partner cracklover

May 16, 2013, 8:10 PM
Post #99483 of 105309 (6084 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
huh. photobucket changed their format and added those weird urls in. oh well.

I did not opt for gold fillings. I don't even think I was offered gold fillings. Mad

However, there is a grillz shop 3 blocks from my house.

A couple of my old fillings had to be removed because a cavity started to form at the edge of them. Not sure if it was shoddy workmanship in the first place or what.

But because of that I think I only have a couple of my old metal fillings left. They now fill them with some white epoxy or something now.

That's what my dentist did, except when she got the old fillings out, she claimed that one of the teeth had a crack under where the old filling was, and if she didn't put a crown there, she'd have to miss a boat payment. Oh wait, no, that's what I heard. I think she said something like "blah blah has to have a crown or your tooth will snap in half blah blah."

Course I could've told her to fuck off, but then I'd have had a nice naked half a tooth with a huge hole it until I found another dentist to get a second opinion. So now I just look like a russian mafia's scrawny nephew with a mouth full of bling.

GO

I am honestly surprised that a dentist would put on a gold crown these days. I have a crown on one tooth, and it is the white epoxy/ceramic stuff, whatever it is, the same thing that they make implants from. I don't think there was even discussion of whether to make it gold, or not. And it was really cool to watch it being made from the imprint.

you watched? I was sobbing quietly with my eyes closed, after that sadist ground my tooth down to the root with a dremel. The other dremel.

Some masked chick squirting water on it so it didn't melt, while burnt tasting tooth dust fell down my throat.

teh suk.

I think I mentioned a few months ago how I had to get a minor filling put in on my upper incisor. It was weird, having that whole upper lip/nose area numb, but after the appointment, I took advantage of the numbness to do an EPIC nose hair pulling sesh. It was very satisfying.

Last time I had a filling done, to replace an old one on an upper molar, the numbness went all the way into my eye. Never happened before, but it was a very weird feeling. even worse when the numbness started going away, and It felt like my eye was crawling with ants.

I fucking hate novocaine. I didn't get any for this crown. I'd rather have a little pain than feel like one side of my face is melting.

Last time they injected me, I think they nicked a blood vessel. Did you know novocaine is closely related to cocaine? Anyway, the shit must've gone directly to my heart, cause I'm sitting there, and suddenly I'm sweating profusely and my heartbeat jumps to 220 bpm. Good timez.

GO

dr_feelgood

May 16, 2013, 8:57 PM
Post #99484 of 105309 (6075 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

howd it go?

Oh, my PTFTW was grate. Thanks for asking.

dr_feelgood

May 16, 2013, 8:59 PM
Post #99485 of 105309 (6074 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I did not opt for gold fillings. I don't even think I was offered gold fillings. Mad

A couple of my old fillings had to be removed because a cavity started to form at the edge of them. Not sure if it was shoddy workmanship in the first place or what.

But because of that I think I only have a couple of my old metal fillings left. They now fill them with some white epoxy or something now.

That's what my dentist did, except when she got the old fillings out, she claimed that one of the teeth had a crack under where the old filling was, and if she didn't put a crown there, she'd have to miss a boat payment. Oh wait, no, that's what I heard. I think she said something like "blah blah has to have a crown or your tooth will snap in half blah blah."

Course I could've told her to fuck off, but then I'd have had a nice naked half a tooth with a huge hole it until I found another dentist to get a second opinion. So now I just look like a russian mafia's scrawny nephew with a mouth full of bling.

GO

I am honestly surprised that a dentist would put on a gold crown these days. I have a crown on one tooth, and it is the white epoxy/ceramic stuff, whatever it is, the same thing that they make implants from. I don't think there was even discussion of whether to make it gold, or not. And it was really cool to watch it being made from the imprint.

you watched? I was sobbing quietly with my eyes closed, after that sadist ground my tooth down to the root with a dremel. The other dremel.

Some masked chick squirting water on it so it didn't melt, while burnt tasting tooth dust fell down my throat.

teh suk.

I think I mentioned a few months ago how I had to get a minor filling put in on my upper incisor. It was weird, having that whole upper lip/nose area numb, but after the appointment, I took advantage of the numbness to do an EPIC nose hair pulling sesh. It was very satisfying.

Last time I had a filling done, to replace an old one on an upper molar, the numbness went all the way into my eye. Never happened before, but it was a very weird feeling. even worse when the numbness started going away, and It felt like my eye was crawling with ants.

I fucking hate novocaine. I didn't get any for this crown. I'd rather have a little pain than feel like one side of my face is melting.

Last time they injected me, I think they nicked a blood vessel. Did you know novocaine is closely related to cocaine? Anyway, the shit must've gone directly to my heart, cause I'm sitting there, and suddenly I'm sweating profusely and my heartbeat jumps to 220 bpm. Good timez.

GO

In related news, we found a rather large dildo near our community garden plot this morning. The damn thing was laying on a hillside, decaying in the sun. It was one of those full on silicone cock and balls models, and when I picked it up with the shovel, it jiggled like jello.

snoopy138

May 16, 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #99486 of 105309 (6069 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

howd it go?

bhey area?

snoopy138

May 16, 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #99487 of 105309 (6066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

howd it go?

Oh, my PTFTW was grate. Thanks for asking.

can you compare it to some other PTFTWs?

lena_chita

May 17, 2013, 2:53 AM
Post #99488 of 105309 (6047 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

teh suk.

GO

Um, you are speaking to a card-carrying nerd who went through school in Mother Russia, where chemical structure memorization is considered important, you know that, right? Yes, cocaine, novocaine, lidocaine, benzocaine, cocaine... all have benzene ring and some other chemical structure commonalities. And cocaine is actually used as anesthetic still. Angelic

lena_chita

May 17, 2013, 2:56 AM
Post #99489 of 105309 (6045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

teh suk.

GO

In related news, we found a rather large dildo near our community garden plot this morning. The damn thing was laying on a hillside, decaying in the sun. It was one of those full on silicone cock and balls models, and when I picked it up with the shovel, it jiggled like jello.

That's a novel approach to telling flies to STFU.

At least I hope that's what it is. because otherwise... interesting community garden you have there, doc.

Partner cracklover

May 17, 2013, 2:50 PM
Post #99490 of 105309 (6025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

teh suk.

GO

Um, you are speaking to a card-carrying nerd who went through school in Mother Russia, where chemical structure memorization is considered important, you know that, right? Yes, cocaine, novocaine, lidocaine, benzocaine, cocaine... all have benzene ring and some other chemical structure commonalities. And cocaine is actually used as anesthetic still. Angelic

As I understand it, cocaine is actually a much stronger anesthetic than novocaine. Still, one can see why they fazed that one out. Bummer, though. Would bring back some of the fun of going to the dentist. I miss the nitrous. I got no euphoria when the nococaine hit my heart, just a racing pulse.

As for the rotting dildo story, not sure what he meant to imply specifically by it (aside from GTFO), but it was funny. Maybe that I belong here about as much as a rotting dildo in his community garden? Who carez - it was a good story.

GO

dr_feelgood

May 17, 2013, 3:37 PM
Post #99491 of 105309 (6018 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

teh suk.

GO

At least I hope that's what it is. because otherwise... interesting community garden you have there, doc.

It's a true story.

snoopy138

May 17, 2013, 4:01 PM
Post #99492 of 105309 (6015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

teh suk.

GO

It's a true story.

also, there is a rotting dildo in teh thred.

dr_feelgood

May 18, 2013, 1:25 AM
Post #99493 of 105309 (5980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

teh suk.

GO

It's a true story.

also, there is a rotting dildo in teh thred.
It's a true story.

lena_chita

May 20, 2013, 2:58 AM
Post #99494 of 105309 (5935 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Spent the weekend that threatened to be abysmally-bad according to the weather forecast at the New.

Saturday really was pretty bad. with slimy wet seeping rock. But the key is to set your expectations really low. then you get pleasantly surprised by how good things actually are, compared to what they could have been. It turned out surprisingly nice. Aside fro ma few raindrops here and there, didn't really rain, and the rock got drier and drier.

Rendezvous was fun. Chossmarmots talked me into signing up for table bouldering, and in a fit of insanity, I agreed. I now have humongous bruises on both arms to prove that i can crawl over table every which way. And I haven't even been drunk when I agreed to this!

drivel

May 20, 2013, 12:47 PM
Post #99495 of 105309 (5918 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Spent the weekend that threatened to be abysmally-bad according to the weather forecast at the New.

Saturday really was pretty bad. with slimy wet seeping rock. But the key is to set your expectations really low. then you get pleasantly surprised by how good things actually are, compared to what they could have been. It turned out surprisingly nice. Aside fro ma few raindrops here and there, didn't really rain, and the rock got drier and drier.

Rendezvous was fun. Chossmarmots talked me into signing up for table bouldering, and in a fit of insanity, I agreed. I now have humongous bruises on both arms to prove that i can crawl over table every which way. And I haven't even been drunk when I agreed to this!

i don't remember if it was part of anything official or just drunkenness, but we had tailgate and general truck bouldering one year.

lena_chita

May 20, 2013, 3:36 PM
Post #99496 of 105309 (5902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

i don't remember if it was part of anything official or just drunkenness, but we had tailgate and general truck bouldering one year.

I wasn't around when that happened. But this time it was a table that was specifically built for the purpose.

snoopy138

May 20, 2013, 4:52 PM
Post #99497 of 105309 (5894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

went to the hole yesterday, took a few runs on teh drive-by. still at two hangs; hopefully can push the first hang higher next weke end to get it down to one hang. spent a lot of the weke end werking.

snoopy138

May 20, 2013, 4:58 PM
Post #99498 of 105309 (5891 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just spent the last half hour reading supertopo and other sites trying to find info on the el cap accident from yesterday. double asiant is up on the nose, and I saw something about a recovery up on el cap. seems to have been rockfall up on Muir that sprayed as far as the nose. as far as I can tell the climber on Muir is the only victim. scary.

lena_chita

May 20, 2013, 5:20 PM
Post #99499 of 105309 (5882 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
just spent the last half hour reading supertopo and other sites trying to find info on the el cap accident from yesterday. double asiant is up on the nose, and I saw something about a recovery up on el cap. seems to have been rockfall up on Muir that sprayed as far as the nose. as far as I can tell the climber on Muir is the only victim. scary.

Scary! I hope dubbel-A is O.K.

Links to the accident report?

snoopy138

May 20, 2013, 5:39 PM
Post #99500 of 105309 (5879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

Scary! I hope dubbel-A is O.K.

Links to the accident report?

http://www.supertopo.com/...Muir-Rescue-Recovery

http://www.elcapreport.com/...t/elcap-report-51913

First page Previous page 1 ... 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook