Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Kartessa

May 21, 2013, 5:01 PM
Post #43026 of 45342 (4534 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
And yes, K, I know...First World Problems!

Meh

notapplicable

May 21, 2013, 5:13 PM
Post #43027 of 45342 (4531 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
So, I was gonna head to Seneca and climb with some new kids who have never done any multi-pitch before, one of which is an occasional poster here, and solo the second day.

Turns out they are bailing to go to the New River Gorge with a few other kids. Also turns out that 3 of my regular partners are going to the New River Gorge.

I have to decide. Do I go soloing, which I am very much psyched on right now and have only managed a little of this spring, or do I take advantage of the fact that I will have like 8 different partners all in the same place and go to the NRG?

fuck man, head to the New.

I know, right? Problem is (First World Problems!) I am stacked with partners right now so if I want to solo, and I do, I have to actually make time for it. Two years ago it was just how I filled two of the four weekends out of the months when partners were busy but now there are always trips afoot.

notapplicable

May 21, 2013, 5:14 PM
Post #43028 of 45342 (4529 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^This^ sounds a lot like complaining. I'm not complaining.

notapplicable

May 21, 2013, 5:16 PM
Post #43029 of 45342 (4524 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am however ++ing

notapplicable

May 21, 2013, 5:16 PM
Post #43030 of 45342 (4522 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And drawing nearer to a top 10 ranking

Gmburns2000

May 21, 2013, 5:52 PM
Post #43031 of 45342 (4515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
So, I was gonna head to Seneca and climb with some new kids who have never done any multi-pitch before, one of which is an occasional poster here, and solo the second day.

Turns out they are bailing to go to the New River Gorge with a few other kids. Also turns out that 3 of my regular partners are going to the New River Gorge.

I have to decide. Do I go soloing, which I am very much psyched on right now and have only managed a little of this spring, or do I take advantage of the fact that I will have like 8 different partners all in the same place and go to the NRG?

I know, right? Problem is (First World Problems!) I am stacked with partners right now so if I want to solo, and I do, I have to actually make time for it. Two years ago it was just how I filled two of the four weekends out of the months when partners were busy but now there are always trips afoot.

yeah, always take advantage of good partner situations when you can. it comes and goes for sure.

edge

May 21, 2013, 6:12 PM
Post #43032 of 45342 (4510 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
Hit up Longstack tonight and scrubbed an amazing new line. It's going to get 3-4 bolts next week, but it's got three distinct cruxes from .10a - .10b/c and climbs incredibly fun. One more cleaning needed, probably Thursday. I'm thinking of calling it "Edge's Swan Song".

Returned for a final scrub on the new line and some TR burns to mark the bolt locations. We got out there at 4pm, and I am already trashed from all the heavy lifting and packing of the weekend, plus my shins are still all scabby from the initial cleaning. We dropped two lines and selectively pruned, de-lichened, and made the whole rig shine like a diamond.

I took one run on TR, fell on the second crux once trying different beta, and fell 3X on the final crux which was previously unsent. Finally figured out some beta that worked and made the moves which may only be .10b/c when I am fresh, but could very easily be .11-; hell it may even be solid .11. Hard to grade right now but I'm feeling confident that if I can get the borrowed drill tomorrow, place the four bolts in the predicted rain, and get a weather window before Friday then I should be able to lead it.

I am willing to delay our departure by a day for this if necessary; a fact which the wife knows Sargeant Schultz about.

Joshua on the second crux bulge:
[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/loransmith/image-3_zps19c4db69.jpg[/image]

We ended the evening with a run up a favorite 5.5 at dusk:
[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/loransmith/image-3_zps6c904399.jpg[/image]

Give up the FA glory, leave now, and meet me at the NRG!

Actually, if I read that correctly, you can send, toss the old lady in the truck, blast south at breakneck speeds and meet me at the New.

The forecasted rain event for today has been changed to 50% chance of 0.03"; if it holds off we should be able to get the bolts in. I would do it in a light rain, but the bearer of the drill is the key component here.

I think the earliest we can leave is noonish on Friday, since that is the next day the dump is open and we will be throwing out a truck load of unworthy belongings. Then to visit sister-in-law in NY for a couple days, maybe a night with my aunt in PA, then rolling into j_ung'z in WV around the 28th for some sweet wicked awesome whitewater. I think he is close to the New, but how long we stay will be up to the little woman who doesn't want to join us for the rafting and will be entertainzing herself around Fayetteville.

The route must go down soon! Running out of time (cue Pink Floyd).

edge

May 21, 2013, 6:14 PM
Post #43033 of 45342 (4507 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

yeah, always take advantage of good partner situations when you can. it comes and goes for sure.

There's no rope to cut when soloing; maybe tie your shoelaces together and grease (bacon fat, of course) the rubber?

Gmburns2000

May 21, 2013, 6:54 PM
Post #43034 of 45342 (4496 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

There's no rope to cut when soloing; maybe tie your shoelaces together and grease (bacon fat, of course) the rubber?

he has a point

Kartessa

May 21, 2013, 7:16 PM
Post #43035 of 45342 (4492 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

donald949

May 21, 2013, 9:17 PM
Post #43036 of 45342 (4483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I got like 6 partners that are solid. But the only one who is free this weekend is easily confused by the ropes on belay.

donald949

May 21, 2013, 9:21 PM
Post #43037 of 45342 (4480 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I got like 6 partners that are solid. But the only one who is free this weekend is easily confused by the ropes on belay.
He's alos only free Sat and Sun. If he was more experienced there is a small 300' cliff with some steep but easy multi pitch fun fun fun.

donald949

May 21, 2013, 9:24 PM
Post #43038 of 45342 (4477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

He's alos only free Sat and Sun. If he was more experienced there is a small 300' cliff with some steep but easy multi pitch fun fun fun.
I should say trad multi pirtch.
But with him, since he's never done trad, never rapped, let alone 2 pitch raps, the sport crag is more in line. But its twice as far at 5 hour drive. Which kinda cuts into the two days hes free.

donald949

May 21, 2013, 9:26 PM
Post #43039 of 45342 (4475 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what two due.
thirst wirled.

Partner epoch

May 21, 2013, 10:05 PM
Post #43040 of 45342 (4471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Seeing as you and I are so close, we should rope up some time...

Partner epoch

May 21, 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #43041 of 45342 (4469 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Fakebuk frendz I finally got around to posting some TRs to the blorg.

It's more of a photo Bukkake, but still some nice OC that otherwise isn't around here anymore.

(1) If you're not my fakebuk frend pm me and we can get you there (to the blorg).
(2) If you still have the link from the way-back-when machine... don't read my fucking blog. It's uninteresting and only feeds my narcissism. There isn't anything there worth reading. But if you were interested, see #1
(3) As always, Safety Third!
(4) ...

Gmburns2000

May 22, 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #43042 of 45342 (4462 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

your definition of a partner varies greatly from mine.

Gmburns2000

May 22, 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #43043 of 45342 (4461 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I find it rather strange that you haven't already. With Erin, you, and him so close, I figured you guys would be climbing more often.

Gmburns2000

May 22, 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #43044 of 45342 (4460 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Fakebuk frendz I finally got around to posting some TRs to the blorg.

It's more of a photo Bukkake, but still some nice OC that otherwise isn't around here anymore.

(1) If you're not my fakebuk frend pm me and we can get you there (to the blorg).
(2) If you still have the link from the way-back-when machine... don't read my fucking blog. It's uninteresting and only feeds my narcissism. There isn't anything there worth reading. But if you were interested, see #1
(3) As always, Safety Third!
(4) ...

The Narrows scares me. Flash floods scare me. Noiz looks pretty cool though.

edge

May 22, 2013, 1:09 AM
Post #43045 of 45342 (4458 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I find it rather strange that you haven't already. With Erin, you, and him so close, I figured you guys would be climbing more often.

Climbage a trois?

notapplicable

May 22, 2013, 2:57 AM
Post #43046 of 45342 (4446 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
Hit up Longstack tonight and scrubbed an amazing new line. It's going to get 3-4 bolts next week, but it's got three distinct cruxes from .10a - .10b/c and climbs incredibly fun. One more cleaning needed, probably Thursday. I'm thinking of calling it "Edge's Swan Song".

Returned for a final scrub on the new line and some TR burns to mark the bolt locations. We got out there at 4pm, and I am already trashed from all the heavy lifting and packing of the weekend, plus my shins are still all scabby from the initial cleaning. We dropped two lines and selectively pruned, de-lichened, and made the whole rig shine like a diamond.

I took one run on TR, fell on the second crux once trying different beta, and fell 3X on the final crux which was previously unsent. Finally figured out some beta that worked and made the moves which may only be .10b/c when I am fresh, but could very easily be .11-; hell it may even be solid .11. Hard to grade right now but I'm feeling confident that if I can get the borrowed drill tomorrow, place the four bolts in the predicted rain, and get a weather window before Friday then I should be able to lead it.

I am willing to delay our departure by a day for this if necessary; a fact which the wife knows Sargeant Schultz about.

Joshua on the second crux bulge:
[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/loransmith/image-3_zps19c4db69.jpg[/image]

We ended the evening with a run up a favorite 5.5 at dusk:
[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/loransmith/image-3_zps6c904399.jpg[/image]

Give up the FA glory, leave now, and meet me at the NRG!

Actually, if I read that correctly, you can send, toss the old lady in the truck, blast south at breakneck speeds and meet me at the New.

The forecasted rain event for today has been changed to 50% chance of 0.03"; if it holds off we should be able to get the bolts in. I would do it in a light rain, but the bearer of the drill is the key component here.

I think the earliest we can leave is noonish on Friday, since that is the next day the dump is open and we will be throwing out a truck load of unworthy belongings. Then to visit sister-in-law in NY for a couple days, maybe a night with my aunt in PA, then rolling into j_ung'z in WV around the 28th for some sweet wicked awesome whitewater. I think he is close to the New, but how long we stay will be up to the little woman who doesn't want to join us for the rafting and will be entertainzing herself around Fayetteville.

The route must go down soon! Running out of time (cue Pink Floyd).

I will be there climbing the climbs June 1 & 2.

Will be there with some other kids but I can bail to do a few routes if it works out.

You could also join us and tell the under 25 crowd to get off your lawn or something if they annoy you.

notapplicable

May 22, 2013, 2:58 AM
Post #43047 of 45342 (4444 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Is true. I think I'm going to the New

notapplicable

May 22, 2013, 2:59 AM
Post #43048 of 45342 (4442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

There is only one way to gain experience.

Watch one, help with one, do one. That should cover the three pitches.

notapplicable

May 22, 2013, 3:01 AM
Post #43049 of 45342 (4440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Don't do it donny. Its a trap!

notapplicable

May 22, 2013, 3:03 AM
Post #43050 of 45342 (4438 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

your definition of a partner varies greatly from mine.

He never outgrew those self destructive tendencies it would seem.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook