RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

Marc1

May 22, 2013, 1:00 PM
Post #1 of 2 (439 views)
Shortcut

rock climbing sicily
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

guys - looking at heading to sicily (or malta or sardinia) in oct for maybe 2 weeks - just looking into it at the moment - flights look reasonable for sicily - might try and get some folk to go with me but if solo is it easy to find partners there and would you need a car - same questions forr all three venues - sport climb 5 plus/6a but should be stronger by then so might hope to tick off a few 6a pluses - cheers in advance - and if there are some trad multi pitches at 4 plus - be happy to do these for a nice day out -

JimTitt

May 26, 2013, 4:06 AM
Post #2 of 2 (393 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Marc1] rock climbing sicily [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

For San Vito lo Capo (Sicily) you donīt need a car, the campground is right in the middle of the cliff, there is a small shop, restaurant etc and the town is 20mins away walking. The campsite also run a shopping bus into the town and hire bikes. They will do an airport pick-up if the buses donīt work, itīs not a very good connection because the airport is in a different province to the climbing so the bus really only travels from city to city (Palermo-airport-Trapani) then you need to get a local bus trapani-San Vito.
Thereīs loads of climbing at your grade and a few easier trad routes, the arete on Pizzo Monaco is popular and easy enough, thereīs supposed to be a 5 move on it somewhere but I never noticed it!
In October is the climbing/outdoor festival so there will be about 1,000 climbers there, this year it is 10th-13th October. You might meet me there, Iīm one of the original developers.

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook