RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

Emi1ee

May 29, 2013, 2:32 AM
Post #1 of 6 (4164 views)
Shortcut

Need a private instructor, if possible
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am in want of finding an instructor who can teach me how to climb properly (I know how to climb trees, stairs and the like, I am just not in the all-knowing department with the more difficult climbs on vertical rock). I have only climbed a few times on an indoor rock wall of sorts, and I have found it to be rather dull. No offense meant to anybody with that comment. My knowledge on the topic of climbing gear and most everything else about vertical outdoor rock climbing adds up to the amount of squat. :| I am 20 years of age, I am not a person that likes to be around a lot of people, basically any people. I want to find someone that will be willing to teach me, with maybe two others (I am suggesting two others may join, not that I know these other two or saying I might invite these other two to join). Apologies for the specifications, one life to live and all that.

Kartessa

May 29, 2013, 3:40 AM
Post #2 of 6 (4139 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Emi1ee] Need a private instructor, if possible [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Emi1ee wrote:
I am in want of finding an instructor who can teach me how to climb properly (I know how to climb trees, stairs and the like, I am just not in the all-knowing department with the more difficult climbs on vertical rock). I have only climbed a few times on an indoor rock wall of sorts, and I have found it to be rather dull. No offense meant to anybody with that comment. My knowledge on the topic of climbing gear and most everything else about vertical outdoor rock climbing adds up to the amount of squat. :| I am 20 years of age, I am not a person that likes to be around a lot of people, basically any people. I want to find someone that will be willing to teach me, with maybe two others (I am suggesting two others may join, not that I know these other two or saying I might invite these other two to join). Apologies for the specifications, one life to live and all that.

Depending on where you are in the state, you may be able to find a guide you can hire to take you guys out and teach you.

pendereki

May 29, 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #3 of 6 (4087 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I climb regularly at Horseshoe Canyon and Sam's Throne---and also prefer to avoid the crowds. I would be glad to help you get started! Friday is my last day of school so-----climbing season is just underway for me!

CM

cacalderon

May 31, 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #4 of 6 (3961 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

easiest way is to go to the closest indoor climbing gym in our city/town and ask for private instruction there... you'll probably get a variaty of options and you can just take it from there.

good luck!

sonso45

Jun 14, 2013, 2:06 PM
Post #5 of 6 (3750 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cacalderon] Need a private instructor, if possible [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch can get you going in the right direction although it may be hot and when it isn't it may be crowded. Still, you can move along and find a cozy place to climb some great beginner routes outdoors.

HCR has guides on the property.

theextremist04

Jun 15, 2013, 4:55 AM
Post #6 of 6 (3657 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Where in Arkansas are you?

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook