Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Gmburns2000

Jun 1, 2013, 2:51 AM
Post #43176 of 45342 (4253 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snipe the PT

Gmburns2000

Jun 1, 2013, 2:51 AM
Post #43177 of 45342 (4252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wooo!

notapplicable

Jun 1, 2013, 4:30 AM
Post #43178 of 45342 (4241 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
So speaking of washing ropes. As I noted I washed my 2 60m ropes. Used the Sterling Wicked rope wash. Just dunked and sloshed them in a plastic tub. Got a ton of dirt out. Rinsed them about 6-8 times each, and by the end very little soap film in the water. But they still had a soapy feeling film on them as they dried.
Any one else notice this. Any recommendations on what to do? Use a diff soap? Let them soak overnight for the last rinse off? Is it just the way they feel when damp? Or???
Any help here?
Or am I going to have to post in general?????
PC++?

[image]http://wpb.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2012/08/ferris-bueller-boring.png[/image]

I never liked washing my ropes. Yeah, it works to get the dirt off, but I've always found it took a long time to dry them.

I have no idea if that film is good or not. sorry
I like washing the ropes occasionally.
My thinking goes. Get the dirt out, with less dirt there is less wear, and ropes last longer. Yea they take a long time to dry. But I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
Thinking back now, I pretty sure the last time I washed one it got a film on it. The concern there is the soap will hold the dirt and the rope gets dirtier faster. Defeating the purpose.

where do you leave it to dry?

Mine have taken up to a week to dry in the past. Since I don't have a good indoor space to leave it for a week, it always seemed inconvenient.

I do get your point though.
I left mine outside basically in the shade for a day. But brought them in since then. Have an extra room, office/computer room. Sitting in the plastic tub I washed them in.

After rinsing with the Sterling rope wash they always feel a little slick, but it will be unnoticeable after it dries and a couple of pitches. Loop the rope over a clothesline outside in the shade, or inside over the shower rod (takes longer.)

We are in WV tonight; tomorrow I meet J-ung at his place for a few days and he is hooking me up with a whitewater run on the Lower New River. I don't think I will be able to climb here though, trying to save my climbing days away from the wife for out west in a week or so.

Have fun dude. It's been a wet spring and the water is up!

I'm rolling in Friday night and leaving sunday if you change your mind about the climbing.

Looks like I can get out Sat. Call me at 6038333037 ASAP.

Didn't get your message utill 23:30 and didn't want to call that late. Work screwed me over a bit so I'm leaving here at 06:00 and getting to the NRG at 10:30.

Call me anytime in the morning to make plans if you can still get out. I'll shoot you a text around 09:00 if I haven't heard from you. I know it's not very early but we can hit somewhere with a relatively short approach and get a few routes in before you have to head out.

notapplicable

Jun 1, 2013, 4:33 AM
Post #43179 of 45342 (4239 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Sooo... since I'm newly unemployed, I had a lightbulb moment today and will be starting my own business in the next 2 weeks :)

There is much work to be done :)

Do tell so we can steal celebrate your idea.

Just kidding, of course, but enquiring minds want to know. small business with a big idea and long-term value, or just something to keep you going during your bouts of unemployment?

A bit of both... I'm mad-skilled in the kitchen and I'm setting a sales space to peddle my wares.

French pastries... non-medicinal unfortunately

How boring. I thought maybe Canada was getting a new massage "therapist".

Kartessa

Jun 1, 2013, 4:46 AM
Post #43180 of 45342 (4232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Sooo... since I'm newly unemployed, I had a lightbulb moment today and will be starting my own business in the next 2 weeks :)

Just kidding, of course, but enquiring minds want to know. small business with a big idea and long-term value, or just something to keep you going during your bouts of unemployment?

A bit of both... I'm mad-skilled in the kitchen and I'm setting a sales space to peddle my wares.

They're a dime a dozen up here

sungam

Jun 2, 2013, 3:24 PM
Post #43181 of 45342 (4202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wat is goin on

Kartessa

Jun 2, 2013, 5:38 PM
Post #43182 of 45342 (4197 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
wat is goin on

Holy shit! He's back!

*waves*

edge

Jun 2, 2013, 11:54 PM
Post #43183 of 45342 (4186 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
So speaking of washing ropes. As I noted I washed my 2 60m ropes. Used the Sterling Wicked rope wash. Just dunked and sloshed them in a plastic tub. Got a ton of dirt out. Rinsed them about 6-8 times each, and by the end very little soap film in the water. But they still had a soapy feeling film on them as they dried.
Any one else notice this. Any recommendations on what to do? Use a diff soap? Let them soak overnight for the last rinse off? Is it just the way they feel when damp? Or???
Any help here?
PC++?

[image]http://wpb.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2012/08/ferris-bueller-boring.png[/image]

I never liked washing my ropes. Yeah, it works to get the dirt off, but I've always found it took a long time to dry them.

My thinking goes. Get the dirt out, with less dirt there is less wear, and ropes last longer. Yea they take a long time to dry. But I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
Thinking back now, I pretty sure the last time I washed one it got a film on it. The concern there is the soap will hold the dirt and the rope gets dirtier faster. Defeating the purpose.

Mine have taken up to a week to dry in the past. Since I don't have a good indoor space to leave it for a week, it always seemed inconvenient.

I left mine outside basically in the shade for a day. But brought them in since then. Have an extra room, office/computer room. Sitting in the plastic tub I washed them in.

After rinsing with the Sterling rope wash they always feel a little slick, but it will be unnoticeable after it dries and a couple of pitches. Loop the rope over a clothesline outside in the shade, or inside over the shower rod (takes longer.)

We are in WV tonight; tomorrow I meet J-ung at his place for a few days and he is hooking me up with a whitewater run on the Lower New River. I don't think I will be able to climb here though, trying to save my climbing days away from the wife for out west in a week or so.

I'm rolling in Friday night and leaving sunday if you change your mind about the climbing.

Didn't get your message utill 23:30 and didn't want to call that late. Work screwed me over a bit so I'm leaving here at 06:00 and getting to the NRG at 10:30.

Call me anytime in the morning to make plans if you can still get out. I'll shoot you a text around 09:00 if I haven't heard from you. I know it's not very early but we can hit somewhere with a relatively short approach and get a few routes in before you have to head out.

Well, SPCIers, it didn't work out, but here is my best attempt at photoshopping what it would have looked like:

If I had climbed with Bryan, I would have said the man is a beast on the hard trad lines, and much respect for an awesome half day.

Too bad we missed each other.

sungam

Jun 3, 2013, 1:11 AM
Post #43184 of 45342 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on

Holy shit! He's back!

*waves*
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

sungam

Jun 3, 2013, 1:11 AM
Post #43185 of 45342 (4180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Has anyone actually seen Edge and Bryan in the same room at the same time?
MY THOUGHTS FUCKING EXACTLY.

notapplicable

Jun 3, 2013, 5:19 AM
Post #43186 of 45342 (4163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

They're a dime a dozen up here

Ok. Seriously. I'm moving to Canada. For real.

notapplicable

Jun 3, 2013, 5:25 AM
Post #43187 of 45342 (4161 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
wat is goin on

A very good question. A very good question indeed.

notapplicable

Jun 3, 2013, 5:32 AM
Post #43188 of 45342 (4157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Any help here?
PC++?

Well, SPCIers, it didn't work out, but here is my best attempt at photoshopping what it would have looked like:

If I had climbed with Bryan, I would have said the man is a beast on the hard trad lines, and much respect for an awesome half day.

Nice work on the photochop. It is too bad we didn't get to rope in, it would have been fun to watch you float everything we got on, right off the couch too.

Oh well, I guess thats one more reason to make another trip to CO this fall...

Partner macherry

Jun 3, 2013, 2:42 PM
Post #43189 of 45342 (4138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Any help here?
PC++?

Nice work on the photochop. It is too bad we didn't get to rope in, it would have been fun to watch you float everything we got on, right off the couch too.

say what!?!?!?!

edge

Jun 3, 2013, 3:20 PM
Post #43190 of 45342 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Any help here?
PC++?

[image]https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/s720x720/10054_3195651587316_1113295639_n.jpg?dl=1[/image]

say what!?!?!?!

I also didn't get to meet Camhead & Lena whilst camping in the RV in J_ung's backyard for three nights.

Partner macherry

Jun 3, 2013, 4:09 PM
Post #43191 of 45342 (4123 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Any help here?
PC++?

[image]https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/s720x720/10054_3195651587316_1113295639_n.jpg?dl=1[/image]

say what!?!?!?!

I also didn't get to meet Camhead & Lena whilst camping in the RV in J_ung's backyard for three nights.

you are not wanted here

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 4:34 PM
Post #43192 of 45342 (4121 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
btw - not sure how this came up recently, but i was in a conversation about South Park. I haven't seen it in years and don't know any of the new characters, but I still think Big Gay Al's Big Gay Animal Sanctuary is the best episode they've ever done. I think that was the third episode. Talk about blowing their load early eh?

The Fonze waterskiing.

you never heard the expression "jumping the shark"?
Ahhhh, eye c

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 4:42 PM
Post #43193 of 45342 (4119 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Ma, you here lurking???
Quick question. How is the climbing and skiing in your neck of the woods? Close/far, lots/little, easy/hard?
The reason I ask. We are having issues at my work location. While I haven't been actively looking for new employeement, I have looked at the different things that do end up coming my way unsolicited. ie linkedin. Turns out there are some jobs in the Richland area.

You going to hold out for the buyout or skip it and head off somewhere else before it happens?
Hard to say, some daze I'm ready to quit. Last couple of weeks have been more mellow. The problem is, I'm about 8 years from retirement. As such there is a significant amount that my retirement lump sum goes up every year.
Also, the buyout for me would be a little over years pay. Assuming the buy is the same as those who just left. I'm kind of caught between a rock and a hard place. Just holding tight for now.

Yeah, hold on. Eight years isn't a lot of time. I know, it probably feels like eternity, but imagine how much extra you're getting for each year you stay. Make them make the move. It'll cost them more and you'll get more out of it.

I assume that the one-year buyout also includes an early retirement?
Yea, just sitting tight. The buy out would be 1 years pay in severance, so long see ya. My retirement is a lump sum pay out, so long see ya. So the longer I stay, the better my retirement sits.

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 4:43 PM
Post #43194 of 45342 (4116 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Ma, you here lurking???
Quick question. How is the climbing and skiing in your neck of the woods? Close/far, lots/little, easy/hard?
The reason I ask. We are having issues at my work location. While I haven't been actively looking for new employeement, I have looked at the different things that do end up coming my way unsolicited. ie linkedin. Turns out there are some jobs in the Richland area.

climbing we're an hour away from frenchman's coulee...basalt fun. city of rocks is a weekend trip. close to levenworth and some other trad climbing. and bend is 3 hours away...smith rock.

as for skiing, i'm usually in canada for the winter. but crystal is a few hours away. small hill the blue is just over an hour. white pas is about 2hr. drive. good road biking.

i could pm you more info
No, I got what I needed to know.
Thanks for teh 411.

(This post was edited by donald949 on Jun 3, 2013, 4:44 PM)

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 5:03 PM
Post #43195 of 45342 (4111 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Any help here?
PC++?

Mutual appreciation society?
Oh and crazy beard.

Gmburns2000

Jun 3, 2013, 5:19 PM
Post #43196 of 45342 (4102 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

I'm suspicious that's actually Bryan in the photo. You can't see his feet. If there are shoes on his feet then it's a scam.

Gmburns2000

Jun 3, 2013, 5:20 PM
Post #43197 of 45342 (4101 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey it's Jeff!

Gmburns2000

Jun 3, 2013, 5:24 PM
Post #43198 of 45342 (4100 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Ma, you here lurking???

You going to hold out for the buyout or skip it and head off somewhere else before it happens?
Hard to say, some daze I'm ready to quit. Last couple of weeks have been more mellow. The problem is, I'm about 8 years from retirement. As such there is a significant amount that my retirement lump sum goes up every year.
Also, the buyout for me would be a little over years pay. Assuming the buy is the same as those who just left. I'm kind of caught between a rock and a hard place. Just holding tight for now.

Yeah, hold on. Eight years isn't a lot of time. I know, it probably feels like eternity, but imagine how much extra you're getting for each year you stay. Make them make the move. It'll cost them more and you'll get more out of it.

I assume that the one-year buyout also includes an early retirement?
Yea, just sitting tight. The buy out would be 1 years pay in severance, so long see ya. My retirement is a lump sum pay out, so long see ya. So the longer I stay, the better my retirement sits.

good negotiations usually start with the other side making the first offer.

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 5:26 PM
Post #43199 of 45342 (4099 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
Just got back from Red Rocks...

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 5:26 PM
Post #43200 of 45342 (4097 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
Just got back from Red Rocks...
sort of...

First page Previous page 1 ... 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook