Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 5:26 PM
Post #43201 of 45342 (4425 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PTFTW

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 5:27 PM
Post #43202 of 45342 (4423 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
PTFTW
No climbing FTL

Partner epoch

Jun 3, 2013, 5:40 PM
Post #43203 of 45342 (4420 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Spent the weekend sick. on the couch.

We did force ourselves to dress up all pretty and go out for dinner Saturday. No reason, just wanted a nice dinner.

/tripreport

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 5:43 PM
Post #43204 of 45342 (4419 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
Just got back from Red Rocks...
sort of...
The wife had been jonesing for a weekend away...
from teh kids.
So she arranged the babysitting, and we weaded out to vegas fri am. We did some shopping, lounging by the pool, saw DaM, the fountains, and hung out on the strip.
But Sun we headed over to REI. Yes there are closer REI's to me, but this REI is right off Charsleton, and as it turned out 2 blocks from our hotel. And this REI had 7 different guidebooks on RR, while mine had none. Otherwise you could barely tell the difference. Other than picking up the book, didn't kill any time at REI. From there headed over to RR. Really didn't have much time to explore the are, had to hit the road back home. But at least now I can say I've been there.*

*Spent half an hour at the over look shooting pics.

donald949

Jun 3, 2013, 5:58 PM
Post #43205 of 45342 (4409 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
sort of...
from teh kids.
So she arranged the babysitting, and we weaded out to vegas fri am. We did some shopping, lounging by the pool, saw DaM, the fountains, and hung out on the strip.
But Sun we headed over to REI. Yes there are closer REI's to me, but this REI is right off Charsleton, and as it turned out 2 blocks from our hotel. And this REI had 7 different guidebooks on RR, while mine had none. Otherwise you could barely tell the difference. Other than picking up the book, didn't kill any time at REI. From there headed over to RR. Really didn't have much time to explore the are, had to hit the road back home. But at least now I can say I've been there.*

I must say the strip is kinda zoo. Parking at the Flamingo was a pain. Walking down the strip a half a mile took forever. It wasn't quite elbow to elbow/shoulder to shoulder. But quite crowded. Too short of time away.
Otherwise a good trip.

edge

Jun 3, 2013, 6:37 PM
Post #43206 of 45342 (4403 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
So speaking of washing ropes. As I noted I washed my 2 60m ropes. Used the Sterling Wicked rope wash. Just dunked and sloshed them in a plastic tub. Got a ton of dirt out. Rinsed them about 6-8 times each, and by the end very little soap film in the water. But they still had a soapy feeling film on them as they dried.
Any one else notice this. Any recommendations on what to do? Use a diff soap? Let them soak overnight for the last rinse off? Is it just the way they feel when damp? Or???
Any help here?
Or am I going to have to post in general?????
PC++?

[image]http://wpb.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2012/08/ferris-bueller-boring.png[/image]

I never liked washing my ropes. Yeah, it works to get the dirt off, but I've always found it took a long time to dry them.

I have no idea if that film is good or not. sorry
I like washing the ropes occasionally.
My thinking goes. Get the dirt out, with less dirt there is less wear, and ropes last longer. Yea they take a long time to dry. But I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
Thinking back now, I pretty sure the last time I washed one it got a film on it. The concern there is the soap will hold the dirt and the rope gets dirtier faster. Defeating the purpose.

where do you leave it to dry?

Mine have taken up to a week to dry in the past. Since I don't have a good indoor space to leave it for a week, it always seemed inconvenient.

I do get your point though.
I left mine outside basically in the shade for a day. But brought them in since then. Have an extra room, office/computer room. Sitting in the plastic tub I washed them in.

After rinsing with the Sterling rope wash they always feel a little slick, but it will be unnoticeable after it dries and a couple of pitches. Loop the rope over a clothesline outside in the shade, or inside over the shower rod (takes longer.)

We are in WV tonight; tomorrow I meet J-ung at his place for a few days and he is hooking me up with a whitewater run on the Lower New River. I don't think I will be able to climb here though, trying to save my climbing days away from the wife for out west in a week or so.

Have fun dude. It's been a wet spring and the water is up!

I'm rolling in Friday night and leaving sunday if you change your mind about the climbing.

Looks like I can get out Sat. Call me at 6038333037 ASAP.

Didn't get your message utill 23:30 and didn't want to call that late. Work screwed me over a bit so I'm leaving here at 06:00 and getting to the NRG at 10:30.

Call me anytime in the morning to make plans if you can still get out. I'll shoot you a text around 09:00 if I haven't heard from you. I know it's not very early but we can hit somewhere with a relatively short approach and get a few routes in before you have to head out.

Well, SPCIers, it didn't work out, but here is my best attempt at photoshopping what it would have looked like:

If I had climbed with Bryan, I would have said the man is a beast on the hard trad lines, and much respect for an awesome half day.

Too bad we missed each other.

Nice work on the photochop. It is too bad we didn't get to rope in, it would have been fun to watch you float everything we got on, right off the couch too.

Oh well, I guess thats one more reason to make another trip to CO this fall...
Mutual appreciation society?
Oh and crazy beard.

Thanks!

It's more of a five o'clock shadow; I shaved that morning.

edge

Jun 3, 2013, 9:07 PM
Post #43207 of 45342 (4392 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Tongue

Gmburns2000

Jun 3, 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #43208 of 45342 (4384 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

Tongue

Hey Brian, is that top route the one I wimped out on a lot when we climbed together?

Gmburns2000

Jun 3, 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #43209 of 45342 (4383 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
sort of...
from teh kids.

I must say the strip is kinda zoo. Parking at the Flamingo was a pain. Walking down the strip a half a mile took forever. It wasn't quite elbow to elbow/shoulder to shoulder. But quite crowded. Too short of time away.
Otherwise a good trip.

wait, seriously? you've never been there? I'm a bit surprised by that. I must have missed that somewhere.

Yeah, one of the jokes about RR is that all the climbs look so close from the parking lot when they're actually 30+ min away (from the lookouts). They look like their five minutes away, but quite a few are closer to an hour.

Gotta get to the climbs early. That's about the only answer to the crowds.

Gmburns2000

Jun 3, 2013, 11:27 PM
Post #43210 of 45342 (4382 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

TR here - painted a lot. Got a lot done. Feel good about that. Working on several paintings at the same time now. Finally getting into a rhythm when it comes to managing several projects at once (kind of imperative to do this when working with oil).

donald949

Jun 4, 2013, 3:30 PM
Post #43211 of 45342 (4364 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
sort of...
from teh kids.

Otherwise a good trip.

wait, seriously? you've never been there? I'm a bit surprised by that. I must have missed that somewhere.

Yeah, one of the jokes about RR is that all the climbs look so close from the parking lot when they're actually 30+ min away (from the lookouts). They look like their five minutes away, but quite a few are closer to an hour.

Well we had a trip lined up for last fall. But Th of that week it rained all night on the RR preserve. Then the forcast was for more drizzles. Given that its Sand, we passed. Did get to Josh instead though. Otherwise never had anyone else who wanted to go. Its a bit of a hoof for a short weekend.

donald949

Jun 4, 2013, 3:33 PM
Post #43212 of 45342 (4362 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
sort of...
from teh kids.

Otherwise a good trip.

Well we had a trip lined up for last fall. But Th of that week it rained all night on the RR preserve. Then the forcast was for more drizzles. Given that its Sand, we passed. Did get to Josh instead though. Otherwise never had anyone else who wanted to go. Its a bit of a hoof for a short weekend.
Also, the look out we hit was not in the loop. We had a long drive home, and didn't want to kill too much time there.

donald949

Jun 4, 2013, 3:36 PM
Post #43213 of 45342 (4360 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
sort of...
from teh kids.

Otherwise a good trip.

Also, the look out we hit was not in the loop. We had a long drive home, and didn't want to kill too much time there.
Spent a little time with the RR book last night, and got the storey about "Epi". Turns out Jorge on the FA got bit by a bug. Had to lower off the pitch he was leading. Rap the route with his wife, hike back to the car, drive to town to the ER, and get an Epi shot. Crazy By which time he could hardly breathe. Apperently though, that took care of it, and they finished the FA the next day.

donald949

Jun 4, 2013, 3:40 PM
Post #43214 of 45342 (4358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sew, if anyone is ever in RR and needs a partner, let me know.

donald949

Jun 4, 2013, 3:41 PM
Post #43215 of 45342 (4356 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
Hey homie, post sum moar

Gmburns2000

Jun 4, 2013, 3:55 PM
Post #43216 of 45342 (4353 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
sort of...
from teh kids.

Otherwise a good trip.

Still surprised, but I get it if it's just that much too far. It's kind of the 'Daks or Acadia for Boston climbers - it's there, but it's a haul for just a weekend. Four hours one-way is usually my weekend max.

But yeah, you gotta get there. the single pitch stuff leaves a lot to be desired, but the multi-pitch stuff is fantastic. one of my favorite places.

and yeah, that's freaking amazing the story about Epi. I mean, the rap out isn't so bad, to be honest, but the hike...that's long for needing an epi shot.

Gmburns2000

Jun 4, 2013, 3:59 PM
Post #43217 of 45342 (4352 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

battling one of those sore throat, sore body colds. not sneezing, but coughing a little and have no energy. can't cancel today's class either because I need to get paid and go to the bank.

not heading to portuguese though. can't focus enough. shoot, it was even difficult taping off a new painting earlier.

Gmburns2000

Jun 4, 2013, 4:10 PM
Post #43218 of 45342 (4350 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did a little advertising on facebook to attract buyers / collectors. targeted people with interests in art and are also involved somehow with luxury goods. the hope was to attract people who would be interested in buying.

Thus far, I've managed about 300 new likes in four days as of this afternoon. For a month-long ad, I figure 2100 new likes would be pretty good. The problem is that I'm occasionally looking at the new people who are liking my page and most are young teenagers. I guess I should have anticipated that they'd be the ones most likely associated with luxury goods since material items what teenagers often dream about.

Oh well, at least I have an audience now.

donald949

Jun 4, 2013, 4:12 PM
Post #43219 of 45342 (4349 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
sort of...
from teh kids.

Otherwise a good trip.

Still surprised, but I get it if it's just that much too far. It's kind of the 'Daks or Acadia for Boston climbers - it's there, but it's a haul for just a weekend. Four hours one-way is usually my weekend max.

But yeah, you gotta get there. the single pitch stuff leaves a lot to be desired, but the multi-pitch stuff is fantastic. one of my favorite places.

and yeah, that's freaking amazing the story about Epi. I mean, the rap out isn't so bad, to be honest, but the hike...that's long for needing an epi shot.
We gassed up right after the quick RR side trip. Resetting the odometer. 280 miles back home. Just over 6 hour drive with some traffic and a short dinner break 2/3 of the way home. With the wife driving a bit and the dinner break, I was behind the wheel for 4 hours on Sun. Unsure
Anyrate do need to get out there. Got tons of Vac saved up, could head out on an extended weekend or short week. If I could find someone to join me.

Gmburns2000

Jun 4, 2013, 4:24 PM
Post #43220 of 45342 (4346 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on
sort of...
from teh kids.

Otherwise a good trip.

We gassed up right after the quick RR side trip. Resetting the odometer. 280 miles back home. Just over 6 hour drive with some traffic and a short dinner break 2/3 of the way home. With the wife driving a bit and the dinner break, I was behind the wheel for 4 hours on Sun. Unsure
Anyrate do need to get out there. Got tons of Vac saved up, could head out on an extended weekend or short week. If I could find someone to join me.

You should try the partner-finder on MP. Or try to hit up some of the vegas climbers on here. If you contacted Jeremiah and gave him a heads up he'd meet you, but he's into doing bigger and harder things these days.

Maybe just wait for Loran to finally hit it later in the fall.

Gmburns2000

Jun 4, 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #43221 of 45342 (4335 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When sick and with little food in the fridge, the trick is to make a nice soup.

onions, garlic, tomato, chili peppers, basil, and water.

not bad if you ask me.

sungam

Jun 5, 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #43222 of 45342 (4325 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on

A very good question. A very good question indeed.
I guess no one knows the answer.

erisspirit

Jun 5, 2013, 3:48 PM
Post #43223 of 45342 (4306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm so behind!

Moved last weekend... and by moved, I went wine tasting and Matt handled the movers...

now I am unpacking a sea of boxes and realizing I own way too much crap :P

Kartessa

Jun 5, 2013, 6:05 PM
Post #43224 of 45342 (4299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on

Edge is travelling
Greg is still in Africa
Erin is some ultra marathoner
Ma is Ma
Ecop has a lady that makes him do stuffs
Donny is still working and going crazy
NA is still a sarcastic bastard

So... no nothing is going on.

Partner macherry

Jun 5, 2013, 7:28 PM
Post #43225 of 45342 (4290 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
sungam wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
wat is goin on

Edge is travelling
Greg is still in Africa
Erin is some ultra marathoner
Ma is Ma
Ecop has a lady that makes him do stuffs
Donny is still working and going crazy
NA is still a sarcastic bastard

So... no nothing is going on.

this is korrect.

fill us un sungam, where the hell have you been, former post whore of rc.com

First page Previous page 1 ... 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook