RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

Eoinok

Jun 5, 2013, 6:18 AM
Post #1 of 3 (770 views)
Shortcut

Gunks BBQ
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi guys. I'm a climber from Ireland currently traveling the US. I'm in New York right now and I want to attend the gunks BBQ to meet some other climbers. If anyone can give me any more information about the event I'd appreciate it. Can I join the coalition on the day? Will it matter that I'm not a US citizen? Are many people going? Thanks.

(This post was edited by Eoinok on Jun 5, 2013, 6:21 AM)

Eoinok

Jun 5, 2013, 6:38 AM
Post #2 of 3 (753 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Eoinok] Gunks BBQ [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The thing is that it'll require quite a journey for me so I want to make sure I know enough about the event before I commit to heading out there. Any info would be great.

gblauer

Jun 5, 2013, 8:10 AM
Post #3 of 3 (728 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Eoinok] Gunks BBQ [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

from the website:

http://gunksclimbers.org/events.shtml

GCC Events
Sat, June 8, 2013
Volunteers Needed for Trail Work - Adopt-A-Crag Day

Trail Work and Adopt-A-Crag Day

Along with the Renegades Mountain Bike Club, the Access Fund Conservation Team and the Mohonk Preserve, we have a volunteer trail work day scheduled for this Saturday, June 8th.

Meeting time is 9am at the St. Peters church parking lot at 1017 Keator Avenue, Rosendale NY 12472. There we will transfer our tools to the Mohonk trucks and ride or hike the short distance to the trail head.

Bring gloves, liquids, digging tools (hoes, rakes, pulaskis), lopers and hand saws. A rock bar or two would be good as well. No power tools please. Dress appropriately for the weather with proper footwear for trail work. You may want bug repellent as well.

The time we spend working on the trails will depend on the number of volunteers that show up, but figure we will work till around 1pm. Mohonk is pitching in to provide pizza for lunch.

At this point we need 7 work groups:

one small bridge to be built
rock work in places
pruning the entire trail
brushing over trails that will be discontinued
lugging rock and wood into some areas
raking and digging to create the new trail sections
constructing a spur trail from the main trail to the "white dot" bouldering area
Please spread the word so we can get a great turnout. Don't forget that the GCC Members BBQ is that evening at 5pm!

Sat, June 8, 2013
GCC Members Summer BBQ

The Gunks Climbers' Coalition is hosting their summer members-only BBQ on June 8th at 5pm. The event is free for GCC members, which includes food and drinks, and you can join or renew your membership at the event. GCC Membership includes full membership with the Access Fund.

The event will be held at the Mohonk Preserve Visitors Center. Plenty of parking right near the Visitors Center and in the Stairmaster parking areas.

Come and hear about our upcoming projects, mingle with fellow climbers, eat, drink and be merry in a beautiful setting! Please RSVP at http://gccspringbbq.eventbrite.com/ so we know how much food and drink to purchase.

Joint membership for the Access Fund and Gunks Climbers' Coalition is $35.00/year. Save time and join or renew online now on the Access Fund website. Remember to specify that the Gunks Climbers' Coalition is your local affiliate in order to get dual membership to both organizations.

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook