Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Seeking Adventurous Climbers for Ambitious and Possibly Harebrained Climbing Film
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

kaiser23

Jun 8, 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #1 of 3 (674 views)
Shortcut

Seeking Adventurous Climbers for Ambitious and Possibly Harebrained Climbing Film
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am starting the process of making a film about the early history (up to 1975ish) of climbing in the United States, and I need partners interested in filming and climbing a ton of the most classic and important climbs in Colorado and Wyoming. Beyond just filming us climbing, the film will discuss the characters and circumstances around the first ascents, their significance, and follow what I hope will be an interesting historical narrative.
The plan as I see it is to start tackling climbs in Colorado and Wyoming in July and August. If you're really passionate about the project, there will be more opportunities to climb starting in September (with expenses covered, ideally) outside of the rockies- Yosemite, Utah, Washington, Oregon, New York, and almost any other place of notable historical significance to US rock climbing.
Funding will come from crowdfunding (sources like Kickstarter), and possibly grants for filmmakers and adventurers, with the goal of submitting the film to mountain film festivals such as BANFF, Telluride, and the like. You would have the opportunity to travel, a great completed piece of film to put on your resume, tons of climbing experience, and, if we get lucky, some money. Any questions, comments, interested parties, or smart-ass comments please pm me or post here. Thanks!

marc801

Jun 8, 2013, 1:19 PM
Post #2 of 3 (648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kaiser23] Seeking Adventurous Climbers for Ambitious and Possibly Harebrained Climbing Film [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kaiser23 wrote:
I am starting the process of making a film about the early history (up to 1975ish) of climbing in the United States,...
And starting from what year?

kaiser23

Jun 8, 2013, 2:25 PM
Post #3 of 3 (631 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] Seeking Adventurous Climbers for Ambitious and Possibly Harebrained Climbing Film [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The video would have to at least discuss 4th class terrain done in Yosemite in the late 1800s by Muir and Anderson. But we would probably start the actual climbing with the First Flatiron which was done in 1906. Open to suggestions though, as I haven't gotten to early California climbing history yet.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook