Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Stone Mountain Bouldering
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Mhleitch

Jun 24, 2013, 6:12 AM
Post #1 of 2 (457 views)
Shortcut

Stone Mountain Bouldering  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Central: Stone_Mountain_State_Park)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'd like to add a few problems to the SM bouldering page. There's a good cruxn article about bouldering at stone, but that's all I could find. I would like to use the proper names from their FA. I remember reading a story from Paul? 'Thor' about bolting a route (maybe father knows best?) So I am trying to find out if any of those guys who were developing stone at the time sent any of the boulders down below. Maybe someone could point him and anyone else in this direction. I'm not trying to update it to attract more people to stone, just trying to make sure people get the most out of their trip to stone.

To whoever it may concern: If you leave your nasty finger tape bits and pieces behind one more time at the trailside boulder I'm going to find you and lock you in the pigpen at the homestead. If you want to act like a pig I'll treat you like a pig. I'm fucking sick of picking up your trash, last weekend marks the third time I've picked up your finger trash. Three times in four weeks is unacceptable! Stone is already really laid back, so keep the crag clean and the rangers will be happy.

rsmillbern

Jun 24, 2013, 7:49 AM
Post #2 of 2 (430 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Mhleitch] Stone Mountain Bouldering [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

First off, THANK YOU for picking up trash. I am hoping to do a little climbing in NC this summer.

NC crags are really pretty clean compared to a lot of the crags I am climbing at now, however, it is important to keep awareness of this issue high in order to keep relations good.

I feel your frustration, but I would suggest that maybe you will get better results by taking a more positive approach when reminding people to keep the parks cleaner and to pick up trash that they see about. Rising awareness is hard, but it does work (most of the time).

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook