RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

Linnea

Jun 26, 2013, 2:40 PM
Post #1 of 4 (788 views)
Shortcut

Climbers in Uppsala / Stockholm?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey!

I recently moved back to Uppsala after a year in Australia, where I developed an obsession with pretty rocks. I haven't tried the climbing here yet and am keen to get out and check out the rocks around Uppsala and Stockholm. But I need someone at the other end of the rope... Or at least someone to keep me company and pretend to belay me every now and then Tongue Anyone interested?

I do sports climbing or bouldering. It would be great if you climb about swedish grade 6 - translated from wikipedias grade chart, I have no idea how accurate it is. I'm used to Australian grades, where I led a 17 at the beginning of the year and since then I have mostly been stuck in the gym climbing 18-20s on top rope. But I really just want to get out on the rocks, the grades aren't that important. If you're looking for a partner to climb lower grades, I'll enjoy doing that. And if you want to do harder climbs, I'll belay you and beat myself up trying it on top rope after. Laugh I love a challenge and a good competition.

Hope there's some keen climbers from the Stockholm-region looking for a partner out there. If so, PLEASE SAVE ME from my climbing depravation! I'm starting to climb the walls here...

Cheers!

Deraek

Jul 23, 2013, 9:07 PM
Post #2 of 4 (702 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Linnea] Climbers in Uppsala / Stockholm? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey!

I'm going to be travelling around Sweden for a bit in later August with a friend, and we're looking for folks to take us out climbing. We don't have any gear beyond shoes, harnesses, and ATC's, but I'm an experienced climber if that counts for anything, haha.

If you'd be down, we'd love to head out climbing with you.

Cheers,
Deraek

Linnea

Aug 7, 2013, 4:35 AM
Post #3 of 4 (657 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Deraek] Climbers in Uppsala / Stockholm? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey! Sorry for late reply. Am on vacation where there's no working internet. But i'd love to climb with you guys. I'm away the next two weekends but will be available to climb either evenings during the weeks or later weekends. Do you know when you guys will be around? I haven't really checked the outdoor climbing out yet but am keen to do so. I only have gear for sports climbing, though. Just so you don't expect to do trad and get disappointed.

FredAlpiski

Aug 18, 2013, 10:48 AM
Post #4 of 4 (608 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Linnea] Climbers in Uppsala / Stockholm? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

@ Linnea

For partners, check out www.utsidan.se: Forum - Utsidan > Klättring > Klätterkompis

@ Deraek
If you go through southern Sweden (Skane) before the end of August, I'll be glad to show you a good crag (Kullaberg) and a great bouldering area (Kjugekull).

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook