Forums: Climbing Information: Gear Heads:
BD x4 Production Halted?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

 


tj2870


Jun 26, 2013, 5:27 PM
Post #1 of 14 (2102 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2011
Posts: 17

BD x4 Production Halted?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I can't find any .2 or .1 x4 cams anywhere and no companies have heard anything about future shipments. Have you heard anything regarding halted production?


theextremist04


Jun 26, 2013, 6:15 PM
Post #2 of 14 (2086 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 23, 2010
Posts: 189

Re: [tj2870] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

From whatI understand, the ones that have made it to market weren't necessarily supposed to. As well, they all seem to be larger sizes. I don't think it's that they stopped production, I think it's that they haven't really started.


tj2870


Jun 26, 2013, 6:27 PM
Post #3 of 14 (2078 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2011
Posts: 17

Re: [theextremist04] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know several people with the smallest two sizes, though (.1 and .2). Weird.


lilvicks22


Jun 26, 2013, 9:26 PM
Post #4 of 14 (2022 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 7, 2013
Posts: 15

Re: [tj2870] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hmm..I recently purchased the x4 .1, .3, .4, .75 about a week ago without much trouble. I am, however, having a hard time finding .2 and .5 Unimpressed


ecade


Jun 27, 2013, 6:16 AM
Post #5 of 14 (1930 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 23, 2011
Posts: 132

Re: [tj2870] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Check out
http://www.lacordee.com/...mond-camalot-x4-cams

I bought a .3 from them in May. they have the .1 in stock.

The trigger action on them is so easy and smooth it feels like your cheating when you place them.

beautiful piece of gear even if it is an inspired design... eh, everything is... see Ripple by the GD for furthUr explanation


marc801


Jun 27, 2013, 6:21 AM
Post #6 of 14 (1925 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 1, 2005
Posts: 2731

Re: [tj2870] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

tj2870 wrote:
I can't find any .2 or .1 x4 cams anywhere and no companies have heard anything about future shipments. Have you heard anything regarding halted production?
Just because *you* can't find them causes you to jump to the conclusion that production has been halted? The BD store has entire racks of them.


tj2870


Jun 27, 2013, 6:29 AM
Post #7 of 14 (1920 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2011
Posts: 17

Re: [marc801] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks for the helpful replies.

marc801 wrote:
Just because *you* can't find them causes you to jump to the conclusion that production has been halted? The BD store has entire racks of them.

I thought I got off easy, but thanks for a typical response from this forum. It was a question posed without drama, so leave your dramatic crap out of it. I've spoken with six or seven stores in NY, NJ, and PA. The employees themselves said they had no future shipments planned, leading one or two of them to believe that a halt was possible. For a flagship product next to the C4s, you'd think they would've pushed it full force in the first few months of release? I didn't just go to my nearby EMS and give up.


Marylandclimber


Jun 27, 2013, 6:50 AM
Post #8 of 14 (1911 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 3, 2011
Posts: 224

Re: [ecade] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

ecade wrote:
Check out
http://www.lacordee.com/...mond-camalot-x4-cams

I bought a .3 from them in May. they have the .1 in stock.

The trigger action on them is so easy and smooth it feels like your cheating when you place them.

beautiful piece of gear even if it is an inspired design... eh, everything is... see Ripple by the GD for furthUr explanation

Does that last sentence have something to do with the Grateful Dead?


ecade


Jun 27, 2013, 7:27 AM
Post #9 of 14 (1883 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 23, 2011
Posts: 132

Re: [Marylandclimber] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Marylandclimber wrote:
ecade wrote:
Check out
http://www.lacordee.com/...mond-camalot-x4-cams

I bought a .3 from them in May. they have the .1 in stock.

The trigger action on them is so easy and smooth it feels like your cheating when you place them.

beautiful piece of gear even if it is an inspired design... eh, everything is... see Ripple by the GD for furthUr explanation

Does that last sentence have something to do with the Grateful Dead?

It most certainly does Mon Ami.

I take it you know the tune, a Robert Hunter Classic from a more "poppier" GD time, its not your set long jam tune like a classic DS->OT->DS->UJBJ->DS->SS->11 (a classic Dick's pick, volume 15 or 10 cant' remember) but its a heart warming tune all the same.

"Its a hand me down, the thoughts are broken, perhaps they're better left unsung, i don't know, dont really care, let there be songs to fill the air... you who choose to lead must follow but if you fall you fall alone, if you should stand then who's to guide you and if I knew the way, I'd take you home"

I always felt the tune was about hte interplay of music and how one song inspires another and how in doing this we are not stealing, that this the natural progression and someone who's idea has inspired another idea should be proud rather than angry


LineoFire


Jun 27, 2013, 8:38 AM
Post #10 of 14 (1848 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 23, 2007
Posts: 22

Re: [tj2870] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Production has not be halted, just slowed and a bit strained by a high demand. I've spoken with a number of folks from BD and it seems like the gear is coming to them from the manufacturing people in stages. Be patient and everywhere should be fully stocked by the fall.

Just think, we've managed to make it since the dawn of climbing without these pieces of gear. So what's a few more months?


tj2870


Jun 27, 2013, 8:52 AM
Post #11 of 14 (1837 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2011
Posts: 17

Re: [LineoFire] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was told that the cams would increase my trad ability by at least double. Damn. Crazy


I'd like to replace a couple of my smaller *cams, and my friend dropped by blue alien. Just have a good reason to replace them, and after using my friends' x4s, I'd like to wait it out.

*edit


(This post was edited by tj2870 on Jun 27, 2013, 8:53 AM)


Marylandclimber


Jun 27, 2013, 9:29 AM
Post #12 of 14 (1815 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 3, 2011
Posts: 224

Re: [ecade] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Of course robert hunter the only non musician to be in the rock and roll hall of fame I love the dead! I love ripple and learned it on my guitar. I'm seeing Furthur play july 14th i think in philly.


marc801


Jun 27, 2013, 4:05 PM
Post #13 of 14 (1723 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 1, 2005
Posts: 2731

Re: [tj2870] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

tj2870 wrote:
Thanks for the helpful replies.

marc801 wrote:
Just because *you* can't find them causes you to jump to the conclusion that production has been halted? The BD store has entire racks of them.

I thought I got off easy, but thanks for a typical response from this forum. It was a question posed without drama, so leave your dramatic crap out of it. I've spoken with six or seven stores in NY, NJ, and PA. The employees themselves said they had no future shipments planned, leading one or two of them to believe that a halt was possible. For a flagship product next to the C4s, you'd think they would've pushed it full force in the first few months of release? I didn't just go to my nearby EMS and give up.
And than YOU so much for the typical RC butthurt response when called out on postulating a conjecture devoid of fact.


Highgloss


Jun 27, 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #14 of 14 (1650 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 25, 2011
Posts: 16

Re: [tj2870] BD x4 Production Halted? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I found them.

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/climbing-cams-stoppers-nuts-hexes/camalot-x4-BD2622_cfg.html#start=1


Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$17.95 (10% off)
$76.46 (10% off)
$11.66 (10% off)
$23.36 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook