Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

lena_chita

Jul 7, 2013, 1:03 AM
Post #100101 of 105309 (4839 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
rattlesnake that wrestled me into teh pond at teh hole.

Yickes!!!! I hatez snakes.

lena_chita

Jul 7, 2013, 1:24 AM
Post #100102 of 105309 (4835 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
hey snupe, what did you do at the needles?

I did some hot power yoga yesterday and I think I sprained my big toe. Mad I've had some big toe issues for a few years but it feels pretty lousy right now, hopefully I'll be able to climb on it soon.Unsure

I very much dislike hot yoga. Yoga shouldn't be slippery.

I never got into hot yoga, even though power yoga is no less sweaty and slippery. I keep keep hearing how amazing it is for flexibility, but I just can't get psyched about walking into hot humid sauna and exerting myself.

Partner cracklover

Jul 8, 2013, 5:01 PM
Post #100103 of 105309 (4808 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Went climbing last night after work, climbed like shit.

It was hot and muggy, but I think the real reason is that I ate like garbage on Tuesday and haven't been getting enough sleep. Not that getting home after 10pm last night helped with the sleep department.....

Went climbing IV days at X-zzz. Had a great time despite not finding Lena, and falling off (repeatedly and quite definitively) everything hardish I tried. I think the real reason I fell off everything is that I'm weak.

Although after all that (unsuccessful) trying hard, my forearms are more sore than they have been for years. I think I'm probably super-strong now. Perfect, just in time to have to travel to Boston and not climb anything for several weeks.

GO

lena_chita

Jul 8, 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #100104 of 105309 (4804 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

It was hot and muggy, but I think the real reason is that I ate like garbage on Tuesday and haven't been getting enough sleep. Not that getting home after 10pm last night helped with the sleep department.....

Went climbing IV days at X-zzz. Had a great time despite not finding Lena, and falling off (repeatedly and quite definitively) everything hardish I tried. I think the real reason I fell off everything is that I'm weak.

Although after all that (unsuccessful) trying hard, my forearms are more sore than they have been for years. I think I'm probably super-strong now. Perfect, just in time to have to travel to Boston and not climb anything for several weeks.

GO

Yeah, where were you guys? I thought we'd see you.

And I hear there is this place called Rumney kinda-sorta near Boston. BET jerks are all about Rumney. You have to climb there! Angelic

Really wish I had more time in Xzzz. or anywhere, really, other than at work.

granite_grrl

Jul 8, 2013, 5:23 PM
Post #100105 of 105309 (4800 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Weke-end report

Super excited that I got a couple of shrubs replaced in the front yard. My PG Hydragea Standard and a spirea finally bit the dust this year. Found a top grafted korean weeping lilac which should be really neat.

^ only Lena carez, and maybe not even her.

Yesterday we climbed the climbz. Decided it was time for me to start projecting again. I acted like a not very nice person while Nathan belayed me for forever and gave me bad beta. Somehow it didn't turn into a shouting match at the crag (win!).

Went up three times to work it, stick clipped past the crux the third time because I was spent. In between my shoulder blades has been seizing up, so I guess I tried kinda hard.

Happy that I'm going to the crack ma'am tonight.

That is awl.

snoopy138

Jul 8, 2013, 7:09 PM
Post #100106 of 105309 (4783 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

not enough. it was ludicrously hot that weke end. and teh double asiant left the car keys in her pack at the notch on saturday, she had to go back to the packs saturday night since all of our shit was in the car. will write up with some detail when I have time.

lena_chita

Jul 8, 2013, 7:18 PM
Post #100107 of 105309 (4775 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Weke-end report

Super excited that I got a couple of shrubs replaced in the front yard. My PG Hydragea Standard and a spirea finally bit the dust this year. Found a top grafted korean weeping lilac which should be really neat.

I DO carez. And speaking of hydrangeas, do you have an idea of how to support one? I have this bush in the front yard that used to be supported by waist-high weeds around it... And then I weeded, and added compost, and the hydrangea went into CRAZY bloom this year. The flowerheads are bigger than my head, and there are tons of them. The trouble is, I don't think the branches are strong enough to actually support the blooms, especially when it rains. This morning some branches were bent to the ground. I really don't want it to break. Any ideas?

granite_grrl wrote:
Yesterday we climbed the climbz. Decided it was time for me to start projecting again. I acted like a not very nice person while Nathan belayed me for forever and gave me bad beta. Somehow it didn't turn into a shouting match at the crag (win!).

Went up three times to work it, stick clipped past the crux the third time because I was spent. In between my shoulder blades has been seizing up, so I guess I tried kinda hard.

Happy that I'm going to the crack ma'am tonight.

That is awl.
And nice werk!

caughtinside

Jul 8, 2013, 8:09 PM
Post #100108 of 105309 (4762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

not enough. it was ludicrously hot that weke end. and teh double asiant left the car keys in her pack at the notch on saturday, she had to go back to the packs saturday night since all of our shit was in the car. will write up with some detail when I have time.

LOL. SOrry man, that sucks!

Partner cracklover

Jul 8, 2013, 8:37 PM
Post #100109 of 105309 (4756 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

And I hear there is this place called Rumney kinda-sorta near Boston. BET jerks are all about Rumney. You have to climb there! Angelic

Thurs we were at Slavery, where I hoped to see you. I got on that short 12 with the traverse under the roof. Stupid me - it's very bouldery, which is not my strength. But it was fun, so I projected the hell out of it, wore myself out, and then was totally weke(r) for the rest of the weke end. Which was: Fri-Valhalla; Sat-Lake Point; Sun-Home Alone.

No time for the Rumny. Too bad - I do like it. Or the Gunks, or NC, or anything else. The weke end will be spent with fambly in the Berkshires, hanging out, drinking and eating too much, and getting fat and weke(er) again.

GO

granite_grrl

Jul 8, 2013, 8:56 PM
Post #100110 of 105309 (4752 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Weke-end report

I DO carez. And speaking of hydrangeas, do you have an idea of how to support one? I have this bush in the front yard that used to be supported by waist-high weeds around it... And then I weeded, and added compost, and the hydrangea went into CRAZY bloom this year. The flowerheads are bigger than my head, and there are tons of them. The trouble is, I don't think the branches are strong enough to actually support the blooms, especially when it rains. This morning some branches were bent to the ground. I really don't want it to break. Any ideas?
And nice werk!

Only idea I've got is a peony ring, but a peony is a lot lighter than a hydrangea.

Is it an Annabelle or a general mophead (white vs pink/blue blooms). I wouldn't worry so much if it's an Annabelle because you would cut it back in the spring next year anyway.

lena_chita

Jul 8, 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #100111 of 105309 (4737 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

Thurs we were at Slavery, where I hoped to see you. I got on that short 12 with the traverse under the roof. Stupid me - it's very bouldery, which is not my strength. But it was fun, so I projected the hell out of it, wore myself out, and then was totally weke(r) for the rest of the weke end. Which was: Fri-Valhalla; Sat-Lake Point; Sun-Home Alone.

Ah, now you make me feel good. I got shut down on that short 12 last year. This year set it casually, 1st go, hanging draws (all ~3 of them, LOL)

On Thursday, we ended up spending 3 hrs at Superratic, where I failed to send the Great While Behemoth (so stupid! I should have sent it. The first two goes I got to the crux casually, and missed a dynamic move to a sidepull jug. Overshot it, actually. Unusual for me. Smile But it is an in-cut ear kind of hold, so you have to get it precisely). And the 3rd go I was rushing, and managed to fall on a move that I have never missed before.

But I didn't feel too bad bc I also tried Pickpocket and finally managed to get through the crux that shut me down before.

Then Banz made lots of cute begging faces and pathetic begging noises, and promised me a lot of good things, if only I would walk with him to FCR for just a little bit. So we went to FCR, and he sent Dances with Cows, but it took longer than I thought bc someone else was on the route when we first got there.

And then we finally decided that we will walk to Slavery so I could get back on Blackalicious, and find you guys. It was fairly late by then, and when we got there it looked like it was going to rain any moment, everyone was packing up and leaving, and we didn't see you. Ended up not climbing there at all, just walked down to the car.

lena_chita

Jul 8, 2013, 11:54 PM
Post #100112 of 105309 (4730 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Weke-end report

And nice werk!

Only idea I've got is a peony ring, but a peony is a lot lighter than a hydrangea.

Is it an Annabelle or a general mophead (white vs pink/blue blooms). I wouldn't worry so much if it's an Annabelle because you would cut it back in the spring next year anyway.

Yeah, my peonies laugh at the puny peony rings, I don't think it would work even remotely for the hydrangea, unless it were a monstrous-size ring.

And it's the pink/blue kind, except it is definitely not pink. The flowers start almost white, but go into deep blue. I guess there is a lot of aluminum in my soil, and/or it is fairly acidic.

I've had a hydrangea before, but this bush is something! It is taller than me, when the blooms are not weighing it down, and I pruned it very lightly (not even remotely cutting to the ground), bc I didn't get around to it until the bush was well into active growth, so I was expecting smaller blooms. I've never seen bloom heads this big on a hydrangea. I should take a picture and post it. It is crazy.

I dunno if it is because I weeded and added compost to the flower beds, where before all these plants were used to barely surviving, and now they all of a sudden have sunlight and nutrients, or maybe the compost I got is some kind of super-enhancing drug-laced concoction, but my peonies were the size of "normal" hydrangea flowerheads, and the hydrangeas currently pretend that they are basketballs.

climbs4fun

Jul 9, 2013, 2:50 AM
Post #100113 of 105309 (4716 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Garden talk. Too hot to grow anything here. I think it would all spontaneously combust.

granite_grrl

Jul 9, 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #100114 of 105309 (4698 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
Garden talk. Too hot to grow anything here. I think it would all spontaneously combust.

It may be too dry, but it's not too hot.

granite_grrl

Jul 9, 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #100115 of 105309 (4696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Weke-end report

And nice werk!

Yeah, my peonies laugh at the puny peony rings, I don't think it would work even remotely for the hydrangea, unless it were a monstrous-size ring.

And it's the pink/blue kind, except it is definitely not pink. The flowers start almost white, but go into deep blue. I guess there is a lot of aluminum in my soil, and/or it is fairly acidic.

I've had a hydrangea before, but this bush is something! It is taller than me, when the blooms are not weighing it down, and I pruned it very lightly (not even remotely cutting to the ground), bc I didn't get around to it until the bush was well into active growth, so I was expecting smaller blooms. I've never seen bloom heads this big on a hydrangea. I should take a picture and post it. It is crazy.

I dunno if it is because I weeded and added compost to the flower beds, where before all these plants were used to barely surviving, and now they all of a sudden have sunlight and nutrients, or maybe the compost I got is some kind of super-enhancing drug-laced concoction, but my peonies were the size of "normal" hydrangea flowerheads, and the hydrangeas currently pretend that they are basketballs.

It's probably very happy with all the moisture the East has been getting.

Usually by this time of year my garden starts to look sad, but with how wet it's been this year everything looks great. My hostas look super healthy, and the two mophead hydrangeas and pushing out tons of growth (unfortunatly, they only bloom on old wood and I don't htink I'm getting a ton of flowers this year).

My other two hydrangeas are a limelight and a pink diamond. I don't expect to see any bloom from them for another 3 or 4 weeks at least, but hopefully they'll be spectactular.

My mom cuts her Annabelle to the ground every spring, they're super growers if they're established.

granite_grrl

Jul 9, 2013, 11:55 AM
Post #100116 of 105309 (4696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I miss gardening, but Nathan is probably just as happy that I'm not home much in the summers now and insisting on making more and more new beds.

lena_chita

Jul 9, 2013, 1:30 PM
Post #100117 of 105309 (4690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Weke-end report

And nice werk!

Usually by this time of year my garden starts to look sad, but with how wet it's been this year everything looks great. My hostas look super healthy, and the two mophead hydrangeas and pushing out tons of growth (unfortunatly, they only bloom on old wood and I don't htink I'm getting a ton of flowers this year).

My other two hydrangeas are a limelight and a pink diamond. I don't expect to see any bloom from them for another 3 or 4 weeks at least, but hopefully they'll be spectactular.

My mom cuts her Annabelle to the ground every spring, they're super growers if they're established.

Yeah, the moisture helps. I was happy that my new fruit trees/bushes iddn't need supplemental watering while I was away.

Unfortunately, weeds are really lush, too. I have kept up with them in the front year,d but backyard is a sorry mess.

lena_chita

Jul 9, 2013, 1:31 PM
Post #100118 of 105309 (4689 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
I miss gardening, but Nathan is probably just as happy that I'm not home much in the summers now and insisting on making more and more new beds.

You can insist from the remote locationz? No?

granite_grrl

Jul 9, 2013, 3:08 PM
Post #100119 of 105309 (4666 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Weke-end report

And nice werk!

Yeah, the moisture helps. I was happy that my new fruit trees/bushes iddn't need supplemental watering while I was away.

Unfortunately, weeds are really lush, too. I have kept up with them in the front year,d but backyard is a sorry mess.

The weeds are the only thing keeping our back lawn green!

granite_grrl

Jul 9, 2013, 3:14 PM
Post #100120 of 105309 (4666 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

You can insist from the remote locationz? No?

Nathan doesn't do that stuff for me. He deals with structure, I deal with yard. I also yell at him for burying construction waste everytime I have to dig it up.

Partner cracklover

Jul 9, 2013, 3:22 PM
Post #100121 of 105309 (4662 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:

Eggzackly. You could grow some kick-ass peppers. Mine are loving this heat. Plus you can grow a freaking *hedge* of rosemary. Always been jealous of the Vegas rosemary hedges.

GO

granite_grrl

Jul 9, 2013, 3:30 PM
Post #100122 of 105309 (4660 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:

Eggzackly. You could grow some kick-ass peppers. Mine are loving this heat. Plus you can grow a freaking *hedge* of rosemary. Always been jealous of the Vegas rosemary hedges.

GO

I should be starting to get some peppers soon. Some Hungarian and Banana are almost big enough, I'm just waiting for them to rippen up now.

snoopy138

Jul 9, 2013, 4:03 PM
Post #100123 of 105309 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:

It's too hot to do anything owt there, I suspect.

snoopy138

Jul 10, 2013, 2:51 AM
Post #100124 of 105309 (4599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

LOL. SOrry man, that sucks!

so let's see ... things started out well. teh asiant led the 1st/2nd pitches of igor up to the ledge, then I led airy/igor to the top. long pitches. I forgot to bring the extra tard draws for my pitch; teh asiant did not need as many for her pitch, since it's basically a straight shot to the ledge, with only a bit of wandering on the latter part (p2). I was just able to use draws sparingly to avoid heinous rope darg. apparently the asiant was shuffling .75 cams ahead of her on the airy traverse, but managed to follow cleanly nevertheless.

got down to the packs around 2, probibly. my left contact had been bothering me for the last hour or two, so I took it out, rinsed it, and tried putting it back in. unfortunately, it went in, but not actually on the proper part of the eyeball. usually, this is easily fixed, but usually I have a mirror that I can look at while I push the contact onto the iris. not so out at the witch/sorcerer notch. spent something like 20 minutes fucking with it, got it on the iris, then popped it out again since it was still irritating. waited 5 or 10 minutes, tried putting it in again, same fucking porblem. another 20 minutes or so of pain and dicking around with it, I got it on the iris and this time opted to not take it out anymore. still irritating, though. at this point, was not fired up for either thin ice or fancy free. went to the top of the charlatan, fell asleep in the shade of our lady of the needles, toproped the o/w and face of spooky.

called it a day at this point, went and packed up my small camelback with stuff to bring back ... water bottles, food-related shit, some clothing items, etc. got back to teh asiant's car, I go to open the door so I can immediately take my contacts out and put my glasses on .... and we realize the keys are not in the camelback. instead, they are in teh asiant's pack, at the notch. she is not excited about the idea of throwing a rock through her window, since it would probibly set off her alarm and she has no idea how to turn that off. so she packs up some water and heads off. several people warn of rattlesnakes ... she said she didn't see any, but did see a scorpion on the trail. weird, I did not know scorpions hung out in the kern valley. I drank beers, and got drunk pretty quickly with the lack of food. dinner was in the car.

by teh time she got back, my left eye had gone full kamhed, my vision was super fuzzy out of that eye from the irritation. put my glasses on and cooked dinner. so much for our 6 AM wake up and early start to get on the pit or the pendulum (plan was to opt for the pendulum), since we didn't get to sleep until close to midnight.

woke up at 8, and after hiking out to the notch, just went down to do the 1st pitch of witch doctor and rap off. teh asiant was going to lead, but this time forgot her shoes up at the notch. so I led, luckily for her it's not really a pitch that you need climbing shoes for. sat around and ate lunch in the shade after that. by that time it was 1 or 1:30 ... the couple that was at the site next to us somehow did all of inner sanctum in the sun, they must have been dying, didn't get done until 3 or so. eventually hiked back up the hill and waited to do the 1st pitch of atlantis. hung once where it turns to fists, I should have just sucked it up and pulled through to the rest that was not that far above. talked to joe kinder a bit, convinced him to get on don juan wall before he left, so he and his buddy jumped on that at 4:30 or so. sorted gear and hiked out.

had much better success the following weekend at column of the giants/bear crag.

granite_grrl

Jul 10, 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #100125 of 105309 (4588 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you wear soft or hard contact, Snoop? I seem to remember from my contact wearing days that my soft contacts would roll onto my iris by just closing my eyes and moving my eye balls around.

Of course, sometimes the contact would also get stuck under the eyelid as well, which feels terrible, but happened rarely.

I'm still really glad I got my eyes zapped.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook