Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 4010 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Jul 10, 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #100126 of 105309 (3552 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's gross here today. Temps aren't that high, but the humidity is a killer.

5 out of 6 presses running in the plant today too, so it's going to be disgusting here.

granite_grrl

Jul 10, 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #100127 of 105309 (3552 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Was hoping to get out climbing this afternoon, but I think that's getting called off on account of gross. Hopefully I'll get out tomorrow instead.

dr_feelgood

Jul 10, 2013, 2:12 PM
Post #100128 of 105309 (3542 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Hey Snupe.....we'll see what I still think of it, but they had that Buffalo Trace liquor at a stare in Chicago!
that stuff is good

dr_feelgood

Jul 10, 2013, 2:18 PM
Post #100129 of 105309 (3541 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhat, you still interested in the OG gri gri? could probably part with that, as I still has my one with the HDs and the wifi.

final interview for crypto school in the land of milk and honey today. will find out by the end of friday if I get in.

so after you finish pushing owt yore thecal matter, more sk00lz?

9 weeks. short skoolz.

I see. so not another grad degree.

nope. Not "accredited" in any way except for the part where 95% of their grads have jobs within 3 months.

Also I got my acceptance this morning. Cool

Good Jorb!

dr_feelgood

Jul 10, 2013, 2:19 PM
Post #100130 of 105309 (3540 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
hey snupe, what did you do at the needles?

I did some hot power yoga yesterday and I think I sprained my big toe. Mad I've had some big toe issues for a few years but it feels pretty lousy right now, hopefully I'll be able to climb on it soon.Unsure
Crosstraining injury- Mark it, dude.

snoopy138

Jul 10, 2013, 4:02 PM
Post #100131 of 105309 (3536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Do you wear soft or hard contact, Snoop? I seem to remember from my contact wearing days that my soft contacts would roll onto my iris by just closing my eyes and moving my eye balls around.

Of course, sometimes the contact would also get stuck under the eyelid as well, which feels terrible, but happened rarely.

I'm still really glad I got my eyes zapped.

hard contacts. when I can see in a mirror, it's usually not that hard to push it onto the iris, but when I can't see it's a massive pain in the ass. and it will sometimes get suctioned onto the wrong part of the eye.

snoopy138

Jul 10, 2013, 4:03 PM
Post #100132 of 105309 (3534 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Hey Snupe.....we'll see what I still think of it, but they had that Buffalo Trace liquor at a stare in Chicago!
that stuff is good

she's referring to the excessively sweet bourbon cream liqueur, not the bourbon itself.

lena_chita

Jul 10, 2013, 4:03 PM
Post #100133 of 105309 (3534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

5 out of 6 presses running in the plant today too, so it's going to be disgusting here.

Yeah, ever since coming back from the trip, I have been really disgusted by the humidity here. It is only in mid-80s, but it feels like you are walking through hot soup.

And speaking of work, the basement power room in my work building flooded today. Emergency power came back on after couple minutes, but a bunch of experiments in progress for several people are now shot.

And also, there is mismatch between the places where emergency outlets are located, and the places where they are needed. So, for example, one alcove has 4 outlets, but only room enough for 3 pieces of equipment. And then there is another freezer that is sitting in the hallway, and NOT connected to emergency outlet. So every time there is a power outage, we have to push the freezer (you know, a really ig tall -80C) close enough to plug it in, block the entrance to the alcove, and plug it in.

Oh, the joy!

granite_grrl

Jul 10, 2013, 4:34 PM
Post #100134 of 105309 (3521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Yeah, ever since coming back from the trip, I have been really disgusted by the humidity here. It is only in mid-80s, but it feels like you are walking through hot soup.

And speaking of work, the basement power room in my work building flooded today. Emergency power came back on after couple minutes, but a bunch of experiments in progress for several people are now shot.

And also, there is mismatch between the places where emergency outlets are located, and the places where they are needed. So, for example, one alcove has 4 outlets, but only room enough for 3 pieces of equipment. And then there is another freezer that is sitting in the hallway, and NOT connected to emergency outlet. So every time there is a power outage, we have to push the freezer (you know, a really ig tall -80C) close enough to plug it in, block the entrance to the alcove, and plug it in.

Oh, the joy!

You think someone would eventually buy an extension cord. Just saying.

caughtinside

Jul 10, 2013, 7:40 PM
Post #100135 of 105309 (3512 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You came all the way up to Columns? How was it? I keep meaning to make it out there, driven by it a dozen times on my way up the pass.

caughtinside

Jul 10, 2013, 7:42 PM
Post #100136 of 105309 (3509 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Do you wear soft or hard contact, Snoop? I seem to remember from my contact wearing days that my soft contacts would roll onto my iris by just closing my eyes and moving my eye balls around.

Of course, sometimes the contact would also get stuck under the eyelid as well, which feels terrible, but happened rarely.

hard contacts. when I can see in a mirror, it's usually not that hard to push it onto the iris, but when I can't see it's a massive pain in the ass. and it will sometimes get suctioned onto the wrong part of the eye.

I got the hard contacts too and it does suck to deal with without the drops, when your eyeball is all dried out and your fingers are dirty.

but, I can open my eyes under water so it's worth it.

lena_chita

Jul 10, 2013, 7:44 PM
Post #100137 of 105309 (3507 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Oh, the joy!

You think someone would eventually buy an extension cord. Just saying.

It's a special kind of plug. And the fire safety doesn't allow the extension cords. Apparently blocking the hallway is more acceptable.

But really, what if people who were in charge of were outlets go actually consulted people who were in charge of where the equipment goes? Wouldn't it have been nice? This building was only built 9 years ago, and trumpeted as the state-of-the-art research facility... you'd think that they could have done something right.

snoopy138

Jul 10, 2013, 8:35 PM
Post #100138 of 105309 (3495 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
You came all the way up to Columns? How was it? I keep meaning to make it out there, driven by it a dozen times on my way up the pass.

yeah, it was kind of a long drive. but that place is fucking awesome.

drove up friday afternoon, I was supposed to hear from the mangler as to whether they were at bear carg or teh columns of the Jiants. never heard anything, so I guessed that they were up along sonora pass with no service. apparently the mangler and nate drove around for a couple hours while brent tried to find service, with no luck. fortunately, I guest right, and found them ~7 AM saturday morning at the parking lot.

warmup at the columns is 11c, onzent that. everything else there is 12 or 13, ratings are fairly solid. stiffer than gold wall. got on Occipital Groove, a 12a, got my ass kicked on the first try. lots of inobvious sequences. decided to get on delirious before I was thrashed

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/delirious-/107040578;

the first try on it I initially tried climbing straight out the roof, then realized I needed to swing my legs over to the right, and had gumbied myself all up in the rope. had to hang on while untangling, got the next bolt clipped, then had to hang. fell off around the lip and lowered off rather than boinking back up. watched and got beta on how to not have to use the crappy crimper that I fell off of, then sort of sent on try 2. there's a long draw that's an easy clip from the somewhat arbitrary last hold (an extension goes at 12c), and a much higher single shut that you have to pull up on the hold to clip. I clipped the last draw, but the shut was not happening.

went back to occipital groove, zent that in two more tries. swam in the stanislaus and drove down to mammoth.

woke up at 5:30 to head out to teh bear carg. warmed up on Chicks Dig It, then hung out around the corner while nate put draws on Jagged Sky as his second warmup. Onzent that. whoo! was barely able to hang on at the 6th(?) draw, right before the no-hands rest, at which I cheated the shit out of myself.

Mercy Buckets took 3 tries, but eventually zent that as well. I think Jagged Sky might be a harder route to zend, but it's way easier to read. finished off by TRing nate's project, I Fly. made it up to the crux section, decided I was too tired for the V6 boulder porblem followed by a dyno, and lowered off. fun, steep, climbing.

granite_grrl

Jul 10, 2013, 9:36 PM
Post #100139 of 105309 (3478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I got the hard contacts too and it does suck to deal with without the drops, when your eyeball is all dried out and your fingers are dirty.

Wait, you wear glasses?

dr_feelgood

Jul 10, 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #100140 of 105309 (3464 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
headed to the needles this weke end, since going to the hole is two much werk.
It was worth teh dollar.

Now, if our resident alzheimer's patient will send me his address...

Been busy.... I kan't get to grupe on my laptop and posting in grupe from teh iyuppy iz a pain...

Still, I'll get to it, probibly when I gets back from teh 5 day weekend.

Be sure to include a return address.... maybe there iz sumthin around here I kin ship to ewe. If I recall, yore foot iz bigger than mine... still, whut size velcro or moc can ewe squezze into?
Funny, I recently put a hole in mah moccs at xzzzz. I generally wear a 10/43, but could go down to a 9 or 9.5.

dr_feelgood

Jul 10, 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #100141 of 105309 (3461 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
that stuff is good

she's referring to the excessively sweet bourbon cream liqueur, not the bourbon itself.

yuck. The bourbon is good. The idea of cream bourbon seems horrific.

caughtinside

Jul 11, 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #100142 of 105309 (3452 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Wait, you wear glasses?
contacts. blind as a bat over here.

caughtinside

Jul 11, 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #100143 of 105309 (3449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

yeah, it was kind of a long drive. but that place is fucking awesome.

drove up friday afternoon, I was supposed to hear from the mangler as to whether they were at bear carg or teh columns of the Jiants. never heard anything, so I guessed that they were up along sonora pass with no service. apparently the mangler and nate drove around for a couple hours while brent tried to find service, with no luck. fortunately, I guest right, and found them ~7 AM saturday morning at the parking lot.

warmup at the columns is 11c, onzent that. everything else there is 12 or 13, ratings are fairly solid. stiffer than gold wall. got on Occipital Groove, a 12a, got my ass kicked on the first try. lots of inobvious sequences. decided to get on delirious before I was thrashed

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/delirious-/107040578;

the first try on it I initially tried climbing straight out the roof, then realized I needed to swing my legs over to the right, and had gumbied myself all up in the rope. had to hang on while untangling, got the next bolt clipped, then had to hang. fell off around the lip and lowered off rather than boinking back up. watched and got beta on how to not have to use the crappy crimper that I fell off of, then sort of sent on try 2. there's a long draw that's an easy clip from the somewhat arbitrary last hold (an extension goes at 12c), and a much higher single shut that you have to pull up on the hold to clip. I clipped the last draw, but the shut was not happening.

went back to occipital groove, zent that in two more tries. swam in the stanislaus and drove down to mammoth.

woke up at 5:30 to head out to teh bear carg. warmed up on Chicks Dig It, then hung out around the corner while nate put draws on Jagged Sky as his second warmup. Onzent that. whoo! was barely able to hang on at the 6th(?) draw, right before the no-hands rest, at which I cheated the shit out of myself.

Mercy Buckets took 3 tries, but eventually zent that as well. I think Jagged Sky might be a harder route to zend, but it's way easier to read. finished off by TRing nate's project, I Fly. made it up to the crux section, decided I was too tired for the V6 boulder porblem followed by a dyno, and lowered off. fun, steep, climbing.

Nice, I will have to check it out. Ive heard delirious called the steepest .12a in California.

Sounds like a good weekend of sending.

tripperjm

Jul 11, 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #100144 of 105309 (3445 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
[
My weekend report: Vedauwoo is hard, and I am not. Scraped, battered, bruised, burned, and happy today.

GO

You should have gone to 10zzz's instead. Vacation grades, woohoo!

Flashed one-two-a yesterday, got another one 2nd go. Was going for the 3rd, but thunderstorm blew in, and i had to clean the draws instead of going for another attempt.

Banz got another 12-dog so far this trip, 2nd go. So far he is at 20 one-twos, the best was 6 in one day. All the a/b onsights, one C onsight, and two D's 2nd go.

Oh, and trout for dinner is awesome, That's awl.

Vacation grades are.....

overrated.

Certainly knot worth spraying about.

I'm jest saying.

I just wanted to see your old face in this thread again! I knew that spraying will bring you in FO SHUR.

Hummm.... Why ewe has to lie? WHY???

Ewe may be able to sleaze won past sum ov these other losers, but this ain't my first BBQ.... and I'm knot buying a werd ov it.

I noes ewe're awl about teh spray...

and it sickens me.

I'm jest saying.

course, if s ewe losers cood talk about sumthin other than gardening or how bitchin ewe thinks ewe are, maybe I wood has sumthin to say.

tripperjm

Jul 11, 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #100145 of 105309 (3445 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
I see, so that is how you are going to play it?

looks like ewe're knot fooling CI either.

tripperjm

Jul 11, 2013, 12:48 AM
Post #100146 of 105309 (3443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
rattlesnake that wrestled me into teh pond at teh hole.

huh.... It looked so much bigger when it was rapped around yore throat biting at yore fase.

tripperjm

Jul 11, 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #100147 of 105309 (3443 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhat, you still interested in the OG gri gri? could probably part with that, as I still has my one with the HDs and the wifi.

final interview for crypto school in the land of milk and honey today. will find out by the end of friday if I get in.

so after you finish pushing owt yore thecal matter, more sk00lz?

9 weeks. short skoolz.

I see. so not another grad degree.

nope. Not "accredited" in any way except for the part where 95% of their grads have jobs within 3 months.

Also I got my acceptance this morning. Cool

Gongradultions

tripperjm

Jul 11, 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #100148 of 105309 (3442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
hey snupe, what did you do at the needles?

I did some hot power yoga yesterday and I think I sprained my big toe. Mad I've had some big toe issues for a few years but it feels pretty lousy right now, hopefully I'll be able to climb on it soon.Unsure

Ewe kin't crosstrain... it only leads to injuries.

I thought ewe new?

tripperjm

Jul 11, 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #100149 of 105309 (3442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
rattlesnake that wrestled me into teh pond at teh hole.

Yickes!!!! I hatez snakes.

This iz korect

tripperjm

Jul 11, 2013, 12:58 AM
Post #100150 of 105309 (3440 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
headed to the needles this weke end, since going to the hole is two much werk.
It was worth teh dollar.

Now, if our resident alzheimer's patient will send me his address...

Been busy.... I kan't get to grupe on my laptop and posting in grupe from teh iyuppy iz a pain...

Still, I'll get to it, probibly when I gets back from teh 5 day weekend.

Be sure to include a return address.... maybe there iz sumthin around here I kin ship to ewe. If I recall, yore foot iz bigger than mine... still, whut size velcro or moc can ewe squezze into?
Funny, I recently put a hole in mah moccs at xzzzz. I generally wear a 10/43, but could go down to a 9 or 9.5.

I has teh 9.5... post up a thread in grupe with yore address.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 4007 4008 4009 4010 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook