Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4007 4008 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Partner cracklover

Jul 17, 2013, 8:58 PM
Post #100251 of 105309 (5226 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nasty page turning buggers. For the win!

GO

Partner cracklover

Jul 17, 2013, 8:59 PM
Post #100252 of 105309 (5225 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Which I gots to protect.

Partner cracklover

Post #100253 of 105309 (5224 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

from all you

Partner cracklover

Post #100254 of 105309 (5223 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nasty buggers!

Partner cracklover

Jul 17, 2013, 9:00 PM
Post #100255 of 105309 (5222 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, that should do for now.

GO

caughtinside

Jul 17, 2013, 9:09 PM
Post #100256 of 105309 (5210 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey camhat, I listened to an npr interview with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niall_Ferguson this morning, what do you think of this guy? I thought it was a pretty good interview.

dr_feelgood

Jul 17, 2013, 9:24 PM
Post #100257 of 105309 (5207 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Just checked what the weather is doing outside right now: 88f, feels like 109f.

At least I'm not down where Nathan is: 93f, feels like 113.

Back to the production floor for me!

That sounds miserable.

We have a giganto thunderstorm looming in the east. Storms from the east are usually severe here.

dr_feelgood

Jul 17, 2013, 9:25 PM
Post #100258 of 105309 (5205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Hey camhat, I listened to an npr interview with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niall_Ferguson this morning, what do you think of this guy? I thought it was a pretty good interview.
Decent historian, but also a raging conservative douchenozzle.

dr_feelgood

Jul 17, 2013, 9:26 PM
Post #100259 of 105309 (5204 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Said something to the effect of "John Maynard Keynes was a misguided and shortsighted economist because he was bisexual and didn't have children to worry about."

dr_feelgood

Jul 17, 2013, 9:27 PM
Post #100260 of 105309 (5203 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gnu shoez arrived. Unfortunately, they need some breaking in before I climb in them. And PG and I are headed off to do an alpine route tomorrow...

caughtinside

Jul 17, 2013, 10:19 PM
Post #100261 of 105309 (5188 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I enjoyed the Q&A at the end because all the callers were pretty liberal and wanted to hold his feet to the fire. He handled it pretty well. Always good to hear different points of view in a civil format.

carabiner96

Jul 18, 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #100262 of 105309 (5177 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Yeah, it is so freaking hot here. I haven't been to the (non-airconditioned) gym since I came back from Xzz's and not missing it one bit.

Went swing dancing on Friday (paging dribble!) it was fun. And tango on Monday. It was hot on the dance floor, despite air conditioning and fans, but coming out of there at ~midnight still felt like a hot sauna.

I would be so miserable without an air conditioner at home! I do O.K. without one during the day, but trying to sleep without some cooling is just Frown

This is one very nice thing about the Front Range. As soon as the sun goes down, the temperature outside plummets.

I installed a simple high-powered box fan in the ceiling of our master bedroom. It sucks air out of the room and into the unfinished attic, which has open vents to the outdoors. When it's running, it simply sucks the outside air into our bedroom, and pushes the bedroom air outside (via the attic). It's set on a timer to come on 1/2 hour before we typically go to bed.

When we open the door to the bedroom, we are greeted with air that's typically in the upper 60s to lower 70s, even in the hottest part of the summer, even when the rest of the house is in the 90s.

I have a window AC unit I run in my home office for a few hours a day, for a few days per summer. And the house-wide AC unit we basically turn on once a year, just to exercise it. :)

GO
Swamp cooler addict here, I lurve.

Partner camhead

Jul 18, 2013, 2:28 AM
Post #100263 of 105309 (5167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Nasty buggers!

We've had a low level yellowjacket infestation at camp here. They're nesting under the wooden tent platforms. One guy complained to me that they stung him while he was doing his morning yoga on a platform, and I laffed. He did not think it was so funny.

Partner camhead

Jul 18, 2013, 2:33 AM
Post #100264 of 105309 (5164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Durp. He writes really good books on global economics and the like. Great writer with a cool broad scope of things. Fuck, I even agreed with his basic thesis in a history of empires, "colossus," which argued that the world needs a single superpower empire to keep order.

His wifie, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, is also a badass. Somoli ex muslim atheist, who wrote an amazing book called "infidel"

But he says some stupid shit. Romney supporter, and recently wrote this piece saying that Keynesian economics were invalid because Keynes was teh ghey and therefore irrational.

Psyched to check out the interview.

granite_grrl

Jul 18, 2013, 11:39 AM
Post #100265 of 105309 (5156 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

That sounds miserable.

We have a giganto thunderstorm looming in the east. Storms from the east are usually severe here.

It is miserable. Fortunatly we only have two printing presses running today (beyond that a printing press is a big fucking machine with lots of large motors on them, each one has a furnace on them to set the ink, so they produce a lot of heat), and one of them is only supossed to run till noon.

The climbing plan worked out yesterday. It was still stupid hot, but it was about the coolest we could possibly get. It was tolerable.

Still haven't gotten confirmation if I'm stlll going climbing tonight. Honestly, I'd be just as happy not to.

lena_chita

Jul 18, 2013, 6:56 PM
Post #100266 of 105309 (5140 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Yeah, it is so freaking hot here. I haven't been to the (non-airconditioned) gym since I came back from Xzz's and not missing it one bit.

Went swing dancing on Friday (paging dribble!) it was fun. And tango on Monday. It was hot on the dance floor, despite air conditioning and fans, but coming out of there at ~midnight still felt like a hot sauna.

I would be so miserable without an air conditioner at home! I do O.K. without one during the day, but trying to sleep without some cooling is just Frown

This is one very nice thing about the Front Range. As soon as the sun goes down, the temperature outside plummets.

I installed a simple high-powered box fan in the ceiling of our master bedroom. It sucks air out of the room and into the unfinished attic, which has open vents to the outdoors. When it's running, it simply sucks the outside air into our bedroom, and pushes the bedroom air outside (via the attic). It's set on a timer to come on 1/2 hour before we typically go to bed.

When we open the door to the bedroom, we are greeted with air that's typically in the upper 60s to lower 70s, even in the hottest part of the summer, even when the rest of the house is in the 90s.

I have a window AC unit I run in my home office for a few hours a day, for a few days per summer. And the house-wide AC unit we basically turn on once a year, just to exercise it. :)

GO

Yeah, if the temps went down at night, I would be so much happier. I lie that the nights are cool at Xzzz, even when the daytime temps are high. And I am used to that kind of weather from my childhood, too. But the heat/humidity combo that presses you down like a wet blanket... bleh!

My car thermometer was showing 92 at midday today, it is supposed to feel like 98, which is a marked improvement over the last couple days, but still pretty miserable. I am not making as much progress on the garden, as I was hoping, this week, because I can't even bring myslef to go outside and weed until ~8p.m.

lena_chita

Jul 18, 2013, 7:03 PM
Post #100267 of 105309 (5138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Nasty buggers!

We've had a low level yellowjacket infestation at camp here. They're nesting under the wooden tent platforms. One guy complained to me that they stung him while he was doing his morning yoga on a platform, and I laffed. He did not think it was so funny.

I feel his pain, you cruel, cruel guy!

I was wearing a skort while weeding the other day. And it was a short skort. And some kind of yellowjackety-waspish meanie stung me. Rather close to the hem of my skort. Ahem, kinda REALLY close to the 1inch inseam of the shorts. Blush

And you remember how I react to the stinging insects? So yeah, it was the case of one thigh looking twice the size of the other one. And oh, the pain! But at least I avoided the ER visit this time.

lena_chita

Jul 18, 2013, 7:26 PM
Post #100268 of 105309 (5134 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This is an E-mail that i am not used to seeing, but here it is again, from the University:

In reply to:
Power grid operator PJM has issued another emergency energy reduction event today at 3 p.m. due to anticipated voltage reductions, or brownouts, because of high temperatures across the country.

All members of the campus community are asked to reduce their energy consumption wherever possible today, beginning at 3 p.m. through the remainder of the afternoon. This should not interfere with individuals performing their essential work functions.

The overhead lights just went out, down to emergency levels. We have a lovely "mood" lighting in the lab, I guess that is one way to look at it.

dr_feelgood

Jul 19, 2013, 4:54 PM
Post #100269 of 105309 (5091 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Durp. He writes really good books on global economics and the like. Great writer with a cool broad scope of things. Fuck, I even agreed with his basic thesis in a history of empires, "colossus," which argued that the world needs a single superpower empire to keep order.

His wifie, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, is also a badass. Somoli ex muslim atheist, who wrote an amazing book called "infidel"

But he says some stupid shit. Romney supporter, and recently wrote this piece saying that Keynesian economics were invalid because Keynes was teh ghey and therefore irrational.

Psyched to check out the interview.

Best wipe the keynesian ghey gu off your face.

tripperjm

Jul 22, 2013, 1:49 PM
Post #100270 of 105309 (5021 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Also, I might have 1-2 weeks, last of Oct, first of Nov to get out and do some climbing. I wonder if spearfish is too cold then?

probibly will be gud conditions in teh hole.

heh.... its tru.

Still, CI at teh Hole.... That's funny.

Teh Hole smacks ov effort, CI iz awl about know effort.

Hey now! I love the Hole. But Louie vetos trips the hole. he nearly quit climbing after our last trip down there

Eye sea.... so that's how yore gunna play it?

tripperjm

Jul 22, 2013, 1:50 PM
Post #100271 of 105309 (5020 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
rattlesnake that wrestled me into teh pond at teh hole.

huh.... It looked so much bigger when it was rapped around yore throat biting at yore fase.

it's amazing I'm alive.

Just dun't let it goes to yore hed....

cuz, yore know 'hard to kill'

whoo! that's me!Angelic

It's awl tru.... nobody iz as hard to kill as teh klown.

course. yore knot giving us many opportunities.... with teh hole quitting climbing thing.

looking to teh north with disappoyment

Yeah, just got back from a waterskiing and dirnking weekend in Sonoma. It was way fun. Another day, a little bit fatter and a little bit weker.

I got a bit of crap about it, because I was resistant to it at first, then it turned out I was the only one out of 6 of us who could actually slalom ski. They all think I sandbagged them.

yore a discrace

tripperjm

Jul 22, 2013, 1:51 PM
Post #100272 of 105309 (5020 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Also, I might have 1-2 weeks, last of Oct, first of Nov to get out and do some climbing. I wonder if spearfish is too cold then?

probibly will be gud conditions in teh hole.

heh.... its tru.

Still, CI at teh Hole.... That's funny.

Teh Hole smacks ov effort, CI iz awl about know effort.

Hey now! I love the Hole. But Louie vetos trips the hole. he nearly quit climbing after our last trip down there

Blaming it on the dog might work if you fart... But not for this.

gunna has two go with teh doc on this won

tripperjm

Jul 22, 2013, 1:52 PM
Post #100273 of 105309 (5020 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

where iz teh PBR?

tripperjm

Jul 22, 2013, 1:57 PM
Post #100274 of 105309 (5020 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
'Nother good dubbya vee story here. I've taken part time work at a local restaurant (duntz laff). This week is teh national Boy Scout jamboree, about ten miles from here. Place is fucking nuts right now, bs everywhere. The Mormon profit will be here, rumors that Obama will be too.

Additionally, the CEO of AT&T is huge into scouting. He is the reason that Fayettenam has had awesome 4 gigity for the last few years, it was in preparation for this event.

Anyway, a few of his minions came into the restaurant this morning to pick up a bunch of to go orders. Totally douched out, earpiece headsets, etc. one of the waitresses was ringing them up, making small tawk, and said, "I hear the president might be here soon!"

The minion of AT&T CEO said, seriously, "maybe. But our boss is much more important than him." Hahahaha.

Though, it might be true. But still, what a bunch of douches.

Weird, it seems that you are working more now than you did when you were not-a-dirtbag.

Well... nau that hubby izn't supporting him, ifs clammy doesn't werk he doesn't eat.

tripperjm

Jul 22, 2013, 1:58 PM
Post #100275 of 105309 (5020 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] In other newz [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
'Nother good dubbya vee story here. I've taken part time work at a local restaurant (duntz laff). This week is teh national Boy Scout jamboree, about ten miles from here. Place is fucking nuts right now, bs everywhere. The Mormon profit will be here, rumors that Obama will be too.

Additionally, the CEO of AT&T is huge into scouting. He is the reason that Fayettenam has had awesome 4 gigity for the last few years, it was in preparation for this event.

Anyway, a few of his minions came into the restaurant this morning to pick up a bunch of to go orders. Totally douched out, earpiece headsets, etc. one of the waitresses was ringing them up, making small tawk, and said, "I hear the president might be here soon!"

The minion of AT&T CEO said, seriously, "maybe. But our boss is much more important than him." Hahahaha.

Though, it might be true. But still, what a bunch of douches.

Weird, it seems that you are working more now than you did when you were not-a-dirtbag.

funny how that works.

funny in kinda a sad way

First page Previous page 1 ... 4007 4008 4009 4010 4011 4012 4013 4014 4015 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook