RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Harrier43k

Jul 20, 2013, 1:59 PM
Post #1 of 4 (694 views)
Shortcut

upcoming Poconos trip
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am going on vacation in the Poconos. I am a strong boulderer/sport climber but have little trad experience. I would like to do some top roping while there. I have been researching routes in the Poconos. Places around like Allamuchy, Minsi, Rick's Rock all seem to have routes that are slightly sloping in. Is this a normal feature of the rock in this area? I was wondering if anyone could suggest some place in the area that would offer tougher top roping, with blanker features and more vertical to overhung walls.

gunkiemike

Jul 22, 2013, 5:59 PM
Post #2 of 4 (616 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Harrier43k] upcoming Poconos trip [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You're probably only 90 minutes from the Gunks.

Dip

Jul 23, 2013, 7:59 AM
Post #3 of 4 (599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Harrier43k wrote:
I am going on vacation in the Poconos. I am a strong boulderer/sport climber but have little trad experience. I would like to do some top roping while there. I have been researching routes in the Poconos. Places around like Allamuchy, Minsi, Rick's Rock all seem to have routes that are slightly sloping in. Is this a normal feature of the rock in this area? I was wondering if anyone could suggest some place in the area that would offer tougher top roping, with blanker features and more vertical to overhung walls.

Mocanaqua crags; main wall, paradise, the library, all offer someething of a bit different character. Not sure how far they are from where you're staying, hit google maps and type in Shickshinny. Might be your best bet.

spiesbach22

Jul 23, 2013, 8:35 AM
Post #4 of 4 (587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know where you'll be nor do I claim to konw PA geography very well but there is a nice little sport climbing spot called Birdsboro quarry. I'ts got a decent variety
In reply to:
and you could set up a top rope but you'd have to lead most routes first.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook