Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4014 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 4020 4021 4022 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Aug 6, 2013, 8:51 PM
Post #100426 of 105309 (5037 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Hey Lena!

Was looking at the resoling thread where you were saying you find a resole changes the character of your shoes. I'm a little surprised because don't you wear Sirens most of the time? I'm only say that because I don't find a loss of performance with my Katanas on a resole, but the Katanas aren't the most sensitive shoes out there regardless (not sure what I'm going to do when my Boreal Cruxes blow out).

Just curious.

Actually, that was on a resole of Testarossa's that i felt the shoe shape really changed for the worse. I have resoled Sirens in the very beginning, and they were fine. I am climbing in Testarossa's again, since this spring, because the new Sirens are not at all what I want. They lined them and now they might as well be wooden clogs.

But it didn't make sense for me to resole the Sirens for the last couple years either, bc I got them on prodeal, so there really wasn't any money saving in doing it. And towards the end, the last couple pairs, I felt that the the quality of the leather had gone down. I had a couple of cases where the shoe lace had cut through the leather loops in just a couple of months (5.10 exchanged them for free), and pretty much my last two pairs, by the time the rubber blew out, the stitching was coming undone on the uppers, too, and they were not worth resoling. I had seriously considered resoling them again, when 5.10 changed the design, but instead decided to get a pair of Testarossas again, and remembered that i used to really like them. Tongue

Makes way more sense with the Testarossas. Figured the Sirens would resole much the same as my Katanas (ie - they're not an overly high-tech shoe).

Speaking of lining shoes....I picked up a pair of Forces a couple years ago for a crack/general trad climbing shoe (which worked out well BTW), but they assed cushing to the ankle, etc. I've heard a lot of bad things about them now.

Yeah, don't you hate it when they go on and change up the shoes?

I mena, I get it, they have to keep coming up with new models, and sometimes there is genuine technology breakthrough, like a new rubber, or slingshot rand, or something, but most of the time it seems like they are just tinkering with stuff for the sake of making things look new and fresh, and this tinkering is not always for the better.

if nothing is ever new or fresh, how will you ever get to teh PTFTW?

snoopy138

Aug 6, 2013, 8:51 PM
Post #100427 of 105309 (5035 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

snoopy138

Aug 6, 2013, 8:53 PM
Post #100428 of 105309 (5032 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't really have much of anything to add re shoe updates, parties, etc. I will note that the current pair of velcros I'm using seems to be fine post-resole.

lena_chita

Aug 7, 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #100429 of 105309 (5014 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Hey Lena!

Was looking at the resoling thread where you were saying you find a resole changes the character of your shoes. I'm a little surprised because don't you wear Sirens most of the time? I'm only say that because I don't find a loss of performance with my Katanas on a resole, but the Katanas aren't the most sensitive shoes out there regardless (not sure what I'm going to do when my Boreal Cruxes blow out).

Just curious.

Actually, that was on a resole of Testarossa's that i felt the shoe shape really changed for the worse. I have resoled Sirens in the very beginning, and they were fine. I am climbing in Testarossa's again, since this spring, because the new Sirens are not at all what I want. They lined them and now they might as well be wooden clogs.

But it didn't make sense for me to resole the Sirens for the last couple years either, bc I got them on prodeal, so there really wasn't any money saving in doing it. And towards the end, the last couple pairs, I felt that the the quality of the leather had gone down. I had a couple of cases where the shoe lace had cut through the leather loops in just a couple of months (5.10 exchanged them for free), and pretty much my last two pairs, by the time the rubber blew out, the stitching was coming undone on the uppers, too, and they were not worth resoling. I had seriously considered resoling them again, when 5.10 changed the design, but instead decided to get a pair of Testarossas again, and remembered that i used to really like them. Tongue

Makes way more sense with the Testarossas. Figured the Sirens would resole much the same as my Katanas (ie - they're not an overly high-tech shoe).

Speaking of lining shoes....I picked up a pair of Forces a couple years ago for a crack/general trad climbing shoe (which worked out well BTW), but they assed cushing to the ankle, etc. I've heard a lot of bad things about them now.

I mena, I get it, they have to keep coming up with new models, and sometimes there is genuine technology breakthrough, like a new rubber, or slingshot rand, or something, but most of the time it seems like they are just tinkering with stuff for the sake of making things look new and fresh, and this tinkering is not always for the better.

snoopy carez!

snoopy138

Aug 7, 2013, 3:13 PM
Post #100430 of 105309 (5001 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Hey Lena!

Just curious.

snoopy carez!

not exactly braking gnuz.

lena_chita

Aug 8, 2013, 3:16 PM
Post #100431 of 105309 (4974 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Hey Lena!

Just curious.

snoopy carez!

not exactly braking gnuz.

At the rate this thread is going, ti will become braking gnus, pretty soon. For lack of other options.

granite_grrl

Aug 8, 2013, 5:24 PM
Post #100432 of 105309 (4964 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I getting kinda sick of the photos of girls just standing there showing up on the front page.

I made Nathan take photos of me after my send last weekend, hopefully I can get them up on RC.com this weekend. He's actually quite good at taking photos with a simple point and shoot.

carabiner96

Aug 8, 2013, 7:07 PM
Post #100433 of 105309 (4954 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
I getting kinda sick of the photos of girls just standing there showing up on the front page.

I made Nathan take photos of me after my send last weekend, hopefully I can get them up on RC.com this weekend. He's actually quite good at taking photos with a simple point and shoot.
Hey, if you're thirsty and need a drink out of your water bottle - document that shit!

snoopy138

Aug 8, 2013, 7:14 PM
Post #100434 of 105309 (4953 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Hey, if you're thirsty and need a drink out of your water bottle - document that shit!

or if you're standing on the ground looking pretty before climbing. which, at least, involved some actual climbing gear?

Partner cracklover

Aug 8, 2013, 7:30 PM
Post #100435 of 105309 (4949 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

or if you're standing on the ground looking pretty before climbing. which, at least, involved some actual climbing gear?

Maybe Edge could put his pic of himself in a sportsbra back up. I'd five star that.

GO

lena_chita

Aug 8, 2013, 9:09 PM
Post #100436 of 105309 (4938 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Maybe Edge could put his pic of himself in a sportsbra back up. I'd five star that.

GO

Yeah!

Partner macherry

Aug 8, 2013, 9:09 PM
Post #100437 of 105309 (4938 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

i five starred the water bottle pic and the make-up pre climbing shot.

nothing else to do on the site.

lena_chita

Aug 8, 2013, 9:12 PM
Post #100438 of 105309 (4936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news, today is August 8th. And it is an international holiday that i have never heard about, but now wholeheartedly approve of:

http://www.ibtimes.com/...azilian-women-742490

caughtinside

Aug 8, 2013, 9:24 PM
Post #100439 of 105309 (4934 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

I've been rating those 5 stars!Angelic

granite_grrl

Aug 9, 2013, 1:01 PM
Post #100440 of 105309 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

There was a killer photo of a guy doing a handstand in his living room yesterday in the new photos section.

granite_grrl

Aug 9, 2013, 1:02 PM
Post #100441 of 105309 (4914 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

nobody on this fucking site climbs anymore.

snoopy138

Aug 9, 2013, 3:50 PM
Post #100442 of 105309 (4898 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

There was a killer photo of a guy doing a handstand in his living room yesterday in the new photos section.

right now there's a weird picture of a baby on a rope on teh fp.

dr_feelgood

Aug 9, 2013, 4:10 PM
Post #100443 of 105309 (4892 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

If you need something on the FP, just ask porteroed.

drivel

Aug 9, 2013, 4:15 PM
Post #100444 of 105309 (4890 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

whoo! that's me!

lena_chita

Aug 9, 2013, 4:54 PM
Post #100445 of 105309 (4877 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Climbing ?What's that? is it the workout you do to warm up for hangboard? Kinda like cross-fit, but less structured?

granite_grrl

Aug 9, 2013, 5:05 PM
Post #100446 of 105309 (4874 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

right now there's a weird picture of a baby on a rope on teh fp.

Has anyone informed the guy who posted it that his climbing life is now over?

Partner camhead

Aug 9, 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #100447 of 105309 (4873 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Climbing ?What's that? is it the workout you do to warm up for hangboard? Kinda like cross-fit, but less structured?

I've even took a bit of a break from teh climbzing. Had a great run of spurt prodges, and then me and Joe went after the hairball R-rated mixed routes for the last couple days that I was insured. Found a pretty cool new sub who is psyched to climb a lot, and has a super good trad lead head.

But then went and visited family in Savannah Gawjuh, sliced open my finger super bad while washing a tin can, and came back to Dubbya Vee with book deadlines, job apps, shitty weather, and news that a good friend from high school died, probably suicide. Not a lot of desire to climb the climbs right now, for some reason.

Partner cracklover

Aug 9, 2013, 6:25 PM
Post #100448 of 105309 (4867 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I've even took a bit of a break from teh climbzing. Had a great run of spurt prodges, and then me and Joe went after the hairball R-rated mixed routes for the last couple days that I was insured. Found a pretty cool new sub who is psyched to climb a lot, and has a super good trad lead head.

But then went and visited family in Savannah Gawjuh, sliced open my finger super bad while washing a tin can, and came back to Dubbya Vee with book deadlines, job apps, shitty weather, and news that a good friend from high school died, probably suicide. Not a lot of desire to climb the climbs right now, for some reason.

No climbing for me, either. I'm going to lie on the beach, eat and drink too much, and surf really badly for a week.

GO

dr_feelgood

Aug 9, 2013, 7:29 PM
Post #100449 of 105309 (4856 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I just put up the drytool trainer. Ice season is almost here!

lena_chita

Aug 9, 2013, 8:15 PM
Post #100450 of 105309 (4852 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

The finger will heal fast, hopefully. I noticed a strange thing with a lot of people who move closer to good climbing and promptly start climbing less. I hope your condition is temporary.

There is a lot of stuff going on, but when the weather turns crisp, you will find your motivation somewhere under your mattress, or inside your shoes, or wherever motivations go. Mine just came back from a holiday break, i think. And I am happy to welcome her back.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4014 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 4020 4021 4022 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook