RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

Arman90

Aug 14, 2013, 2:47 AM
Post #1 of 5 (2977 views)
Shortcut

Sizing Sportiva Solutions?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey guys i would really appreciate some help. I wanna buy a pair of solutions they're actually my first pair of Solutiond and i was wondering about sizing them because i don't have a shop near me where i could try them :( So i where a street shoe size 42.5 (european) and i thought what size would better fit me better a 40.5 or 41 size Solutions..i really don't want to screw up and really would appreciate some advice about them :)))
P.s. Nice meeting you all :)

(This post was edited by Arman90 on Aug 15, 2013, 2:01 AM)

Danxz

Aug 15, 2013, 4:46 AM
Post #2 of 5 (2835 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arman90] Sizing Sportiva Solutions? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

NEVER buy shoes without trying them on. Even the length of a given size can vary.

Arman90

Aug 15, 2013, 9:07 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2799 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Danxz] Sizing Sportiva Solutions? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey thanks for that information, but i'm thinking like this. I know what size is good for me accoutning the stretch of the shoe and i concluded that i could take 40.5, because it'll be a good strong tighg and when it widens it'll be perfect. Though i'm having second thoughts you're quite right my sir about length :)

SE_climber

Aug 16, 2013, 3:28 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2759 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arman90] Sizing Sportiva Solutions? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

1. Buy from an online retailer that offers free returns.
2. The solutions won't stretch a lot because of the large amount of rubber on the toe and heel.
3. Most people I've talked to size down 2 full sizes. I wear a 40.5 street shoe and sized down to 38.5 in the solutions. When I size aggressive shoes, I size down until I don't feel any air pockets in the heel cup, but I can still take about 15 steps without crying in pain. At least that method works for the shape of my feet.

Arman90

Aug 17, 2013, 1:23 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2710 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SE_climber] Sizing Sportiva Solutions? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey man thanks a lot, really good stuff, i appreciate. I thought about air pockets, so i tried on a much less aggresive shoe (size 41) that i own and i have pretty much no air pockets, so the only logic i pulled out was that the solutions will be tight but enough to walk a few feet as in your case :)) about sizing down 2 numbers is also what i heard a lot because 3 sizes down is pretty much cramming your foot into searing pain..

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook