RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bugs & Error Reports

Premier Sponsor:

Partner drector

Aug 21, 2013, 7:48 PM
Post #1 of 6 (5318 views)
Shortcut

NOT GETTING EMAIL!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Quote | Reply

[Edit by Jeff: New owner here, the posts down below about not being able to contact admins about problems are no longer applicable. I'm here to help, so let me know if you hit issues with stuff.]
-----------------

Sorry for the capital letters but I am not getting any emails sent to my rockclimbing.com email account. Nothing is showing up in my inbox.

I have not changed any settings. My account is drector@rockclimbing.com

This is sort of urgent since I use this email address for real stuff.

Thanks.

Dave

(This post was edited by Jeff on Oct 31, 2013, 11:33 AM)

Partner drector

Aug 22, 2013, 6:28 PM
Post #2 of 6 (5286 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drector] NOT GETTING EMAIL! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Quote | Reply

I don't know if it's fixed but a bunch of three day old emails just now showed up in my inbox. If anyone fixed it, thanks. If not, I'd still like to know that it won't happen again. If I need to switch email providers, I'd like to know before losing any more work.

Dave

edge

Aug 24, 2013, 2:16 PM
Post #3 of 6 (5270 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drector] NOT GETTING EMAIL! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Quote | Reply

Dave, about 5 months ago I requested that I step down as a moderator. It took two weeks for my request to be seen by someone with permissions to do that, and that admin is no longer with the site. Prior to that there was no admin presence whatsoever for 6 months or so.

The site has changed hands yet again, for something like the 4th time in 2-3 years, and the new regime has not even made an announcement, let alone address any of the growing issues with RC. the present mods can do little more than try to keep up with the spam, they cannot fix or guarantee any continuity in the email service. If I were you, I would switch to a different email provider and send out notices to your contact list while this one is still up and running.

The site is indeed adrift at sea with no one at the helm.

Cheers,
Loran

Partner macherry

Aug 26, 2013, 7:13 PM
Post #4 of 6 (5251 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] NOT GETTING EMAIL! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Quote | Reply

new overlords!!!

show yourself!!

Partner epoch

Aug 26, 2013, 7:31 PM
Post #5 of 6 (5247 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Quote | Reply

edge wrote:
Dave, about 5 months ago I requested that I step down as a moderator. It took two weeks for my request to be seen by someone with permissions to do that, and that admin is no longer with the site. Prior to that there was no admin presence whatsoever for 6 months or so.

The site has changed hands yet again, for something like the 4th time in 2-3 years, and the new regime has not even made an announcement, let alone address any of the growing issues with RC. the present mods can do little more than try to keep up with the spam, they cannot fix or guarantee any continuity in the email service. If I were you, I would switch to a different email provider and send out notices to your contact list while this one is still up and running.

The site is indeed adrift at sea with no one at the helm.

Cheers,
Loran
this

Partner Jeff
Owner

Oct 31, 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #6 of 6 (4904 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Quote | Reply

New owner here--deal closed last Thursday--read more here: http://www.rockclimbing.com/...rum.cgi?post=2637990

If anyone hits problems with email, let me know.

From what I've seen of the codebase, we're running on pretty old software. I expect it's both stable and brittle at the same time.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Bugs & Error Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook