Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing guides
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

waldropcpa

Aug 23, 2013, 3:01 PM
Post #1 of 3 (3836 views)
Shortcut

Climbing guides  (North_America: United_States: Alabama)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I have a group of around 10 girls 11-15 that need to work on some badge requirements for outdoor climbing. They have done on overnight in an indoor climbing facility, so they have some experience. We need guides that have the equipment to help them finish this badge. Please advise.

skelldify

Aug 23, 2013, 8:22 PM
Post #2 of 3 (3786 views)
Shortcut

Re: [waldropcpa] Climbing guides [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Try asking around at a climbing gym - Stone Summit in Atlanta could be helpful.

Whatever you do - MAKE SURE YOU TRUST THE PERSON WHO WILL BE GUIDING.

Don't just go with the first person willing to do it. Ask for certifications, experience, etc.

chris

Aug 29, 2013, 3:09 PM
Post #3 of 3 (3691 views)
Shortcut

Re: [waldropcpa] Climbing guides [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

waldropcpa wrote:
I have a group of around 10 girls 11-15 that need to work on some badge requirements for outdoor climbing. They have done on overnight in an indoor climbing facility, so they have some experience. We need guides that have the equipment to help them finish this badge. Please advise.

I recommend that you look for an instructor who is a certified Single Pitch Instructor, Rock Instructor, or Rock Guide from the American Mountain Guide Association. The AMGA is a national mountain guide and climbing instructor training and examining organization, and the only organization in the United States recognized by the International Federation of Mountain Guide Associations. You can find out more here: http://www.amga.com. On the top there is a tab for "Hire A Guide" that leads to listings for the three certifications I mentioned. There are four Single Pitch Instructors listed in Alabama with address (I happen to know one of them lives in California now, but still).

Good luck - feel free to message or email me any follow-up questions!

Chris

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook