RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

thecedarcamel

Sep 7, 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by thecedarcamel
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

wrwrestler9

Sep 17, 2013, 2:13 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1256 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thecedarcamel] Does anyone want to come climb at great falls, VA tomorrow? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey yo I climb, have experience, can climb up to 5.11 routes, and on top of that I have all the gear including 2 static ropes as well as a climbing rope.

The correct way to make an anchor is to tie 2 static ropes to 2 independent fixes (whether they be iron hooks, or sturdy trees) then have them meet at one point, to 2 reverse-facing locking carabiners. The rope should be threaded through BOTH carabiners, so that way if one of the ropes somehow were to snap (one in a thousand chance) the other carabiner, attached to the other rope, is still intact and still supporting the weight of the climber. I also of course know the correct knot to tie the ropes in around the trees/metal hooks.

With that said I have everything but I dont drive because I totaled my car about 3 weeks back. I live in fairfax. If you or ANYBODY wants to climb anytime, hit me up at 703 953 4631. I'm down for pretty much whenever and its cool if I dont know you, I just want to hang with somebody who's chill and wants to climb and get better

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook