Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 4033 4034 4035 4036 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Sep 9, 2013, 6:50 PM
Post #100776 of 105309 (7749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
I hear the weather was nice this weekend. Figures, of course!-- it's the weekend i didn't go climbing, after all.

Spent the weekend herding cats, I mean kids. Haircuts, playdates, ice cream. Hung out with Heffe. Didn't finish half of the things I planned to get to. Oh well.

Set a couple of new problems in the gym, and was told that i have now officially lost my shortie complaint card, and am never allowed to claim that any route is reachy, after my recent setting spree. But really, there isn't a single dyno move in any of the routes! Just a bit of a deadpoint, if you are short. Besides, I thought the shortie card was a life-long honorary membership, and it is non-revokable... grrr!

For some reason felt like crap on campus board. I was happy with my progress until this weekend, but high gravity interfered. Must have been the ice cream.

weather was fucking hot here this weke end. went to teh hole on saturday, got to the same high point on the drive-by. felt all greasy.

sunday started biking up in the valley around 8 am. at 10 am I was on top of the 4.7 mi + 1.8 mi climb (with a ~1 mi descent in between), and decided it was too fucking hot (~90 degrees) for the climb back to teh gf's parents house. So I called teh gf and had her pick me up 8 miles downhill.

supposed to cool down a bit for tuesday-through thursday, then back to being two goddamned hot next weke end.

snoopy138

Sep 9, 2013, 6:50 PM
Post #100777 of 105309 (7747 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

lena_chita

Sep 9, 2013, 7:14 PM
Post #100778 of 105309 (7740 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
whoo!

IAt doesn't count without a fransizgram

snoopy138

Sep 9, 2013, 7:44 PM
Post #100779 of 105309 (7731 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
whoo!

IAt doesn't count without a fransizgram

huh?

granite_grrl

Sep 9, 2013, 7:58 PM
Post #100780 of 105309 (7729 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So doc, talked with Nathan about Bozeman for the week before the ice fest. He's cool with that idea.

So now I just need to figure out what to do with the other week I've got off. I want to get down to TN again, but I'm stuggling with finding a partner for a fall trip.

You've got a partner in Fayettenam.

I have considered that.

Isn't CI looking for somewhere to climb end of october? Assuming he hasn't already shipped off all his gearz.

I am indeed. It's looking like it may be a weke in Josh. I didn't make it there last season at all, first time since like 2004?

Primo time for Tennessee. Just saying.

she haz a point.

Knot gonna happen. Just sayin.

probibly not, but she still haz a poynte.

I have a couple of friends down in Chattanooga, I doubt it (as at least one half of the couple is far more interested in being a mommy than being a climber), but I wonder if they could hook me up with someone for a week.

granite_grrl

Sep 9, 2013, 8:04 PM
Post #100781 of 105309 (7728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I climbed like shit yesterday. Ripped a huge flapper on my warmup burn on my latest project. Bleed all over the place, but managed to go through the top moves soaking up the blud with chalk.

After I taped up my finger I had a hard time getting my hand into the sweet spot in this undercling crack (which is also the crux btw). I failed on the next three tries and then called it a day.

Currently trying to get mega healing action on my finger so I'll be back in shape to hop on that route next week, but honestly, I feel less enamoured with this route now I wonder if we should just go climb somewhere else next weekend.

tripperjm

Sep 10, 2013, 1:18 AM
Post #100782 of 105309 (7711 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Last year, teh land owner to teh north ov teh hole lost a huge rot to a mountain lion. Tore him to shreds rite if front ov Mr Windgate house.

Last nite, a pretty big pit got awl torn up by a mountain lion down in teh hole. Pit was still barely alive this morning. Teh entire area looks like a pretty big fight went on blood and dog fur awl over teh place. Animal protection came owt a took teh dog away.... after Nate and teh flange carried it owt ov teh hole.

tripperjm

Sep 10, 2013, 1:35 AM
Post #100783 of 105309 (7707 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Wekend report:

Wife and I climbzed the spurt climbz. One of the routes I was interested in I sent in just a couple tries, the other one I could not get up at all. Is it possible that two weeks of alpine climbing does not put one in the best spurt climbing shape? At least I remembered how to do the Texas Rope Trick, so didn't have to face the indignity of leaving a biner behind. The wife got what the guidebook said was only her second 11d, but discovered that MP downgraded it. She actually agrees that it's only 11c, so whatever. Still, woulda been nice.

Then, on the tyrolean back over the creek, I somehow got a big flap of skin on my arm caught between the biner and the tyrolean rope. Holy crap that hurt.

GO

I gave a a shot of indignation when he was going to bail off a route leaving a quicklink. He had the gall to tell me that a quicklink and a cheap biner were the exact same thing....what?

But both you and this guy have to learn how to use a stick clip better. There should never be an excuse to leave gear behind.

Yeah, but sometimes, if you are, like 3 bolts up on a long climb, it would be too much trouble to stick-clip all the way to the top. Still, you have a pointe!

Banz is like a wizard with a squid, he can take teh draws off with it better than anyone, and I've been practicing with it, though I'm still nowhere near as good as he is. I think he is actually in Trango's instructional video of how to use a squid.

Pulled a good one on Banz yesterday. Got on a new route of his at the Other Place just right of Depth Charge, fun 11b jughaul through a roof.

I txt'd him, "hey, is that your route just right of Depth Charge? One of the bolts pulled out."

He flipped his shit, hehe.

We put up a gnu root in CI's backyard this past weekend * CI shitz pants in rage* and after Nate took several moderate falls on teh crux bolt I went up to fix chains...

Turns owt Big Tony failed to tighten teh crux bolt.... I checked awl teh rest ov teh bolts but that wus teh only loose won. Still, kinda nice that a finger tite 5 pc will hold
a couple ov 25 footers withowt failing.

That big tony! What a comedian! Laugh

Yea, between getting dragged 30' across teh hole from belaying way back withowt an anchor, his stiff catches, shitty gearz on even shitter gnu roots that he refuses to clean, to retroing his own roots cuz he kan't climb thru his rehursed runowts, ect.... Big Tony is hilarious.

tripperjm

Sep 10, 2013, 1:56 AM
Post #100784 of 105309 (7704 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
gonna be a weke end of blorting owt. heading to the stone beer fest on saturday, then sticking around SD to watch the mets-padres game on sunday. teh ABz will be there.

The Bastards! Well say hello from me and ask if I can borrow his drum set.

Drumming kin involve exersize...

might be best to ask if ewe kin borrow his backgammon bord?

Man, I am getting a ton of excercise these days, but the problem is so little of it involves actual rock. I have been doing a ton of
yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

ugh. Not going to make it this weekend either.

You know, it's not that hard to go climbing.

That is true, but the loyerette has arranged a fine Brunch on Sunday. kind of spikes the weekend for climbing.

Ewe noes.... it wood be gud ifs we had sum sort ov rule that covered this kind ov situation....

Wait a minute....

WE FUKING DUE!!!1

well, it's more like a guideline but still.

Sumtymes climbing iz awl about disapoynting yore loved wons.

Try to pay attention?

She is very klever. She has befriended all my climbing partners, and they like her better than me. Plus she sent her email out early in the week. I like to organize my climbing on like late Thursday.

shakes hed....

yore like a total waste....

and what does teh girl being klever or making plans have anything to due with ewe screaming #16 as teh door slams behind ewe?

My advice, try to retive yore manhood from teh girls purse as soon as possible... though it's probibly way too late for ewe awlready.

as I reread CI's disgraceful post, I'm wondering ... are awl of his climber friends going to these brunches? If so, what teh fuk kind of climber friends does he have?

Yes, this iz korrect.... CI's post iz very confusing

It is tru. Loyerette has befirenderd teh gf/wife of my two main partners... and my two main partners. She is single handedly destroying all I hav bilt... with fine brunches.

This will knot end well...

Nau that ewe has caved, she noes, she has ewe on teh ropes. Teh ultamatum, quit climbing, gets married, has teh kids, iz next.

And we awl noes how well that werked owt fer AB... nau that he is saddled with teh twins.... his life iz over.

rip ab.

So as much as this mite sound harsh...

and possibly cause ewe sum heartache.

I recumend,

RUN!!!1 Run fast and run far. Due it nau, before it's two late fer ewe. Though I suspect, sadly, that ewe don't has teh courage to stand up to her or to run.

Still, that's my best advice.

tripperjm

Sep 10, 2013, 1:57 AM
Post #100785 of 105309 (7704 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Wekend report:

Wife and I climbzed the spurt climbz. One of the routes I was interested in I sent in just a couple tries, the other one I could not get up at all. Is it possible that two weeks of alpine climbing does not put one in the best spurt climbing shape? At least I remembered how to do the Texas Rope Trick, so didn't have to face the indignity of leaving a biner behind. The wife got what the guidebook said was only her second 11d, but discovered that MP downgraded it. She actually agrees that it's only 11c, so whatever. Still, woulda been nice.

Then, on the tyrolean back over the creek, I somehow got a big flap of skin on my arm caught between the biner and the tyrolean rope. Holy crap that hurt.

GO

I gave a a shot of indignation when he was going to bail off a route leaving a quicklink. He had the gall to tell me that a quicklink and a cheap biner were the exact same thing....what?

But both you and this guy have to learn how to use a stick clip better. There should never be an excuse to leave gear behind.

Yeah, but sometimes, if you are, like 3 bolts up on a long climb, it would be too much trouble to stick-clip all the way to the top. Still, you have a pointe!

Banz is like a wizard with a squid, he can take teh draws off with it better than anyone, and I've been practicing with it, though I'm still nowhere near as good as he is. I think he is actually in Trango's instructional video of how to use a squid.

Pulled a good one on Banz yesterday. Got on a new route of his at the Other Place just right of Depth Charge, fun 11b jughaul through a roof.

I txt'd him, "hey, is that your route just right of Depth Charge? One of the bolts pulled out."

He flipped his shit, hehe.

We put up a gnu root in CI's backyard this past weekend * CI shitz pants in rage* and after Nate took several moderate falls on teh crux bolt I went up to fix chains...

Turns owt Big Tony failed to tighten teh crux bolt.... I checked awl teh rest ov teh bolts but that wus teh only loose won. Still, kinda nice that a finger tite 5 pc will hold a couple ov 25 footers withowt failing.

that's how they teach ewe at guide school.

heh.... yea we werked 'em about teh hole guide thing. Course, amazzed that he iz still alive with awl teh bonehed shitz he pulls.

We got on another won ov his roots that he has chains on.... cept teh chain wus so small I woodn't tie my dog up with it and expect him two be there when I got back.

He may be Big Tony... and a guide but sumtymes he sure is a knucklehed.

I was warned off of his bear carg rowts by brent and nate.

They gave ewe gud advice.

tripperjm

Sep 10, 2013, 2:03 AM
Post #100786 of 105309 (7703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
gonna be a weke end of blorting owt. heading to the stone beer fest on saturday, then sticking around SD to watch the mets-padres game on sunday. teh ABz will be there.

Man, I am getting a ton of excercise these days, but the problem is so little of it involves actual rock. I have been doing a ton of
yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

That is true, but the loyerette has arranged a fine Brunch on Sunday. kind of spikes the weekend for climbing.

Ewe noes.... it wood be gud ifs we had sum sort ov rule that covered this kind ov situation....

Wait a minute....

WE FUKING DUE!!!1

Try to pay attention?

She is very klever. She has befriended all my climbing partners, and they like her better than me. Plus she sent her email out early in the week. I like to organize my climbing on like late Thursday.

shakes hed....

and what does teh girl being klever or making plans have anything to due with ewe screaming #16 as teh door slams behind ewe?

My advice, try to retive yore manhood from teh girls purse as soon as possible... though it's probibly way too late for ewe awlready.

as I reread CI's disgraceful post, I'm wondering ... are awl of his climber friends going to these brunches? If so, what teh fuk kind of climber friends does he have?

It is tru. Loyerette has befirenderd teh gf/wife of my two main partners... and my two main partners. She is single handedly destroying all I hav bilt... with fine brunches.

that's not really an excuse, for any uv ewe. teh gf has been fiernds with my main partner longer than I have, yet that doesn't stop either of us from climbing.

And it has payed oft pretty gud fer ewe. Yore climbing gud and teh 2Xagent iz also getting shitz dun.

dr_feelgood

Sep 10, 2013, 2:05 AM
Post #100787 of 105309 (7701 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
Last year, teh land owner to teh north ov teh hole lost a huge rot to a mountain lion. Tore him to shreds rite if front ov Mr Windgate house.

Last nite, a pretty big pit got awl torn up by a mountain lion down in teh hole. Pit was still barely alive this morning. Teh entire area looks like a pretty big fight went on blood and dog fur awl over teh place. Animal protection came owt a took teh dog away.... after Nate and teh flange carried it owt ov teh hole.
sadfase. Hopefully they don't try to kill teh lion.

tripperjm

Sep 10, 2013, 2:05 AM
Post #100788 of 105309 (7700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

Wait a minute....

WE FUKING DUE!!!1

Try to pay attention?

shakes hed....

Brunch is a fabulous meal, but perhaps you could convince her to switch over to breakfasts instead? At least that way you'd have a chance you could still go climbing after.

I live 3 hours from da rocks. Moving things up 2 hours wouldn't help.

Fortunately things are going to cool down soon and weekends will be more appealing for climbing.

3 hours?! WTF

Owen Sound is only an hour from the Ceause of North America. Angelic

3 hours isn't entirely true.

3 hours from teh Lovers Leap of North America.
4 hours from teh Yosemite Valley of North America.

but ...

2 hours from Jailhouse/Gold Wall
2 hours from Auburn Quarry
less than 2 hours from the Double Top Secret Area
less than half an hour from teh Beaver Street Wall

probibly other shit I'm not putting hear

True, though those are all winter areas.

I was just reminded again today of a September wedding I'm going to. THere goes the last weekend of september. All gone. Mad

sighs.... Yore a disgrace.

dr_feelgood

Sep 10, 2013, 2:08 AM
Post #100789 of 105309 (7699 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

gardening tawk:
Harvested 30+ tomatoes, 7 squash, a bunch of beans, 6 ears of corn, 8 carrots, 4 beets, and other shit. I woulda got more, but I filled the panniers to the max.

Spent this weekend scouting a backcountry area to blast bambi and bottoming out my taco on the drive. If I am lucky, we might have venison chili in a few weeks.

tripperjm

Sep 10, 2013, 2:14 AM
Post #100790 of 105309 (7697 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

Wait a minute....

WE FUKING DUE!!!1

Try to pay attention?

shakes hed....

Brunch is a fabulous meal, but perhaps you could convince her to switch over to breakfasts instead? At least that way you'd have a chance you could still go climbing after.

I live 3 hours from da rocks. Moving things up 2 hours wouldn't help.

Fortunately things are going to cool down soon and weekends will be more appealing for climbing.

3 hours?! WTF

Owen Sound is only an hour from the Ceause of North America. Angelic

3 hours isn't entirely true.

3 hours from teh Lovers Leap of North America.
4 hours from teh Yosemite Valley of North America.

but ...

2 hours from Jailhouse/Gold Wall
2 hours from Auburn Quarry
less than 2 hours from the Double Top Secret Area
less than half an hour from teh Beaver Street Wall

probibly other shit I'm not putting hear

True, though those are all winter areas.

I was just reminded again today of a September wedding I'm going to. THere goes the last weekend of september. All gone. Mad

Best send that track suit back to the thrift store from whence it came.

Actually he gots it from teh gradad, who iz nau turning in his grave, so disapoynted with CI that he iz threatening to dig hisself up and go kick CI's ass and take back teh back teh babyblue tracksuit.

tripperjm

Sep 10, 2013, 2:19 AM
Post #100791 of 105309 (7696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So doc, talked with Nathan about Bozeman for the week before the ice fest. He's cool with that idea.

So now I just need to figure out what to do with the other week I've got off. I want to get down to TN again, but I'm stuggling with finding a partner for a fall trip.

You've got a partner in Fayettenam.

I have considered that.

Isn't CI looking for somewhere to climb end of october? Assuming he hasn't already shipped off all his gearz.

I thought CI had quit climbing and is shopping for a sparkly rock?

Yes! That's what I heard too!

teh pressures is ohn. If I don't make a move soon, Louie and I will have to pack up our bindles because we will get the old heave ho.

Well, that din't take long....

Seriously, RUN!!!1 Due it nau!

Partner cracklover

Sep 10, 2013, 4:17 AM
Post #100792 of 105309 (7671 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
gardening tawk:
Harvested 30+ tomatoes, 7 squash, a bunch of beans, 6 ears of corn, 8 carrots, 4 beets, and other shit. I woulda got more, but I filled the panniers to the max.

Spent this weekend scouting a backcountry area to blast bambi and bottoming out my taco on the drive. If I am lucky, we might have venison chili in a few weeks.

Dew it! Tonight I made elk chili out of meat a friend gave me, and a bunch of tomatoes and jalapenos I harvested today from our garden. Wife made one of the best cornbreads I've ever had to go with it. Yummm...

GO

lena_chita

Sep 10, 2013, 11:15 AM
Post #100793 of 105309 (7648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
gardening tawk:

Dew it! Tonight I made elk chili out of meat a friend gave me, and a bunch of tomatoes and jalapenos I harvested today from our garden. Wife made one of the best cornbreads I've ever had to go with it. Yummm...

GO

If only someone could harvest all the deer from my backyard! Then I could have a garden tawk, too.

I love venison, but I wouldn't want to eat THESE vermin though. Considering the crap they eat, I'd rather have myself a tasty rat. Well, not really, but eating city deer is no better than eating rats. Grrr. I just want them DEAD.

Partner cracklover

Sep 10, 2013, 1:41 PM
Post #100794 of 105309 (7639 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
gardening tawk:

GO

If only someone could harvest all the deer from my backyard! Then I could have a garden tawk, too.

I love venison, but I wouldn't want to eat THESE vermin though. Considering the crap they eat, I'd rather have myself a tasty rat. Well, not really, but eating city deer is no better than eating rats. Grrr. I just want them DEAD.

Well the standard solution is a fence.

GO

lena_chita

Sep 10, 2013, 3:36 PM
Post #100795 of 105309 (7630 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
gardening tawk:

GO

GO

There is a fence. They jump over it. The city doesn't allow a higher one.

granite_grrl

Sep 10, 2013, 3:59 PM
Post #100796 of 105309 (7628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
gardening tawk:

GO

GO

How high is this fence. I thought the standard was 6ft allowed for a fence.

snoopy138

Sep 10, 2013, 6:12 PM
Post #100797 of 105309 (7617 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

Wait a minute....

WE FUKING DUE!!!1

Try to pay attention?

shakes hed....

that's not really an excuse, for any uv ewe. teh gf has been fiernds with my main partner longer than I have, yet that doesn't stop either of us from climbing.

And it has payed oft pretty gud fer ewe. Yore climbing gud and teh 2Xagent iz also getting shitz dun.

though they bailzed on teh mescalito, with plans to get back to it in teh winter or spring.

lena_chita

Sep 10, 2013, 6:18 PM
Post #100798 of 105309 (7612 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
gardening tawk:

GO

GO

With a running start, they jump 6ft fence like it's nothing. The reason why 5-6ft tall fencing works for a small garden is because they won't jump if the landing isn't clear, or because they don't have room for a running start.

I've heard people talk about two fences, a 5-6ft tall and then another one a couple of feet away. Or a wire strung above the main fence.

But I need to protect a fairly big area, and it is an expensive proposition. For now I am just hoping my couple fruit trees survive with individual enclosures.

granite_grrl

Sep 10, 2013, 6:47 PM
Post #100799 of 105309 (7605 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
gardening tawk:

GO

GO

With a running start, they jump 6ft fence like it's nothing. The reason why 5-6ft tall fencing works for a small garden is because they won't jump if the landing isn't clear, or because they don't have room for a running start.

I've heard people talk about two fences, a 5-6ft tall and then another one a couple of feet away. Or a wire strung above the main fence.

But I need to protect a fairly big area, and it is an expensive proposition. For now I am just hoping my couple fruit trees survive with individual enclosures.

If deer are that bad I would suspect you have a bunch of bunnies too. They can cause a lot of damage to shurbs come winter.

lena_chita

Sep 10, 2013, 7:14 PM
Post #100800 of 105309 (7603 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
gardening tawk:

GO

GO

If deer are that bad I would suspect you have a bunch of bunnies too. They can cause a lot of damage to shurbs come winter.

Oh, no suspecting about it, I see them all the time. hate the little buggers, too. Mad

First page Previous page 1 ... 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 4033 4034 4035 4036 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook