RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

JWerlin

Sep 15, 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2654 views)
Shortcut

Flood relief fund for Scott and Leah DeCapio
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Scott and Leah have lost both their home and ceramics business in the flooding that has devastated Glenhaven, CO.

I was working with Scott in Illinois last week when the call came from Leah that she had been woken by firefighters at 3:00 AM and told to evacuate. Scott got on a plane back to Denver ASAP with a rolling bag of clothes and a duffel with his work harness, tool bags and the rock rings he always brings to train with in his hotel room. As far as I know these are all the material goods he now owns.

Black Canyon climbing ranger Nick Wasser describes Leah as "the nicest person I have ever met." Those of us fortunate enough to know or to have climbed with Scott would most likely agree that he is one of the most gracious, humble, soft-spoken, and positive folks you might come across in your lifetime. If you don't know Scott and want to read one of the most impressive all-around (rock/ice/alpine) climbing resumes you have ever seen, search his name.

The below is a link with more information and pictures, and to the fund that has been set up for Scott and Leah. As I have seen countless times in the past, it is during times of need like this that our community really pulls together.

Thanks for taking the time to read. -- Jeremy Werlin

http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/loving-funds-for-the-spirit-of-glen-haven/87941?fb_action_ids=10151850368339116&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

gblauer

Sep 16, 2013, 1:21 AM
Post #2 of 2 (2625 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JWerlin] Flood relief fund for Scott and Leah DeCapio [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

JWerlin wrote:
Scott and Leah have lost both their home and ceramics business in the flooding that has devastated Glenhaven, CO.

I was working with Scott in Illinois last week when the call came from Leah that she had been woken by firefighters at 3:00 AM and told to evacuate. Scott got on a plane back to Denver ASAP with a rolling bag of clothes and a duffel with his work harness, tool bags and the rock rings he always brings to train with in his hotel room. As far as I know these are all the material goods he now owns.

Black Canyon climbing ranger Nick Wasser describes Leah as "the nicest person I have ever met." Those of us fortunate enough to know or to have climbed with Scott would most likely agree that he is one of the most gracious, humble, soft-spoken, and positive folks you might come across in your lifetime. If you don't know Scott and want to read one of the most impressive all-around (rock/ice/alpine) climbing resumes you have ever seen, search his name.

The below is a link with more information and pictures, and to the fund that has been set up for Scott and Leah. As I have seen countless times in the past, it is during times of need like this that our community really pulls together.

Thanks for taking the time to read. -- Jeremy Werlin

http://www.youcaring.com/...n_id=288381481237582

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook