RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

SloClimbing

Feb 11, 2013, 9:00 AM
Post #1 of 3 (7664 views)
Shortcut

Climbing games for kids #2
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It’s time for second part of climbing games for kids. We have received lot of replays how you are training kids climbing in our first series of climbing games http://www.sloclimbing.com/climbing-games-1/. Thank you all for your participation.
OK now back to next two of ideas.

These two examples are best to practice on a bouldering wall.

Start/Top
I use this game at the beginning of training (after warm up). All that you have to do is to mark the starting hold of a boluder line and the top (last hold) of it. Usually I use finger tape for markers.
Kids have to start and end with climbing at the marked holds. Between them they can use any holds, foot steps, edges, … If they are good climbers you can limit holds by color, use only foot steps for foot or limit the number of holds that they can use.
Value: visualization, warm-up

Hide & Find
You will need some items which you are going to hide all over the wall. I am using plastic cap (many different colors). Give that cap to each child. He have to remember the color, shape and give it back to you. Than all the kids must turn their back and wait for you to hide all plastic caps. You are placing caps on the holds all over the wall. Depending how good climbers they are more you hide them (higher, more hidden). When you are done every kid must find his own cap. If they are good climbers they must search them while climbing. When kid finds his cap he must climb to it take it and bring it to you. You can also make pairs. One kid is hiding the cap another is searching for it. Kids really love this game.
Value: endurance, adaptability

Awodzenski

Mar 2, 2013, 2:22 AM
Post #2 of 3 (7366 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SloClimbing] Climbing games for kids #2 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That is an awesome idea! I am going to hide a quarter for them to find!

SloClimbing

Sep 24, 2013, 6:09 AM
Post #3 of 3 (6100 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Awodzenski] Climbing games for kids #2 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good idea :)

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook