Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4035 4036 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 4043 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Sep 24, 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #100951 of 105309 (6888 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Well, since it's there.

durp

snoopy138

Sep 24, 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #100952 of 105309 (6886 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo.

caughtinside

Sep 24, 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #100953 of 105309 (6880 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Wasted weekend on my part. Didn't send anything. 1-hung a one-two-boy, that's the closest to success I've come. Couldn't even get through the middle section of my "project" that I went through pretty easily last weekend, and when I first tried it a couple of years ago.

Banz climbed cleanly through the crux on all three of his projects, and then fell in the easier section above the crux that he had done cleanly before.

Ed was the only one who sent anything this weekend.

I'm feeling pretty bummed.

It was pretty shitty conditions this weekend. Rained all day fri and sat. Fortunately, it was the annual AAC craggin classic festival here, and what we lost in climbing we made up for in beerz and slide shows. Was really fun. Sunday was splitter (braw!) conditions, and I dragged myself out to endless even though I was operating on like two hours of sleep from the party the night before. Fell all over prodges, but got one endless 12a (ten sleep 13a, maple 14c, Gunks 5.7,easier than the start of C&J).

Also found a real gem of a note at one campsite. Next to a big bag of trash, it read, "take our trash out, you limp dick liberal piece of shit." really brightened my mood, actually.

Awesome. I should try to get a long weekend in down to the New before the end of the year and harass you at the AAC campground.

Better hurry up before the good ole boys run him out of town.

My weekend was spent entertaining the in-laws.

In other news, I just had my partner for my big project of the fall back out on me (for legitimate reasons). My wife is a little relieved that I will not become a fixed piece of pro in a desert classic, but frankly I'm really disappointed. I have a shit ton of vacation, I'm feeling pretty strong, and I have no solid desert partner.

GO

Fly out to the Red, I'll climb with you for the week.

make sure to kutz his rope at teh end uv teh weke.

Don't feel like you need to wait till the end of the weke.

Partner camhead

Sep 24, 2013, 2:01 AM
Post #100954 of 105309 (6868 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Wasted weekend on my part. Didn't send anything. 1-hung a one-two-boy, that's the closest to success I've come. Couldn't even get through the middle section of my "project" that I went through pretty easily last weekend, and when I first tried it a couple of years ago.

Banz climbed cleanly through the crux on all three of his projects, and then fell in the easier section above the crux that he had done cleanly before.

It was pretty shitty conditions this weekend. Rained all day fri and sat. Fortunately, it was the annual AAC craggin classic festival here, and what we lost in climbing we made up for in beerz and slide shows. Was really fun. Sunday was splitter (braw!) conditions, and I dragged myself out to endless even though I was operating on like two hours of sleep from the party the night before. Fell all over prodges, but got one endless 12a (ten sleep 13a, maple 14c, Gunks 5.7,easier than the start of C&J).

Also found a real gem of a note at one campsite. Next to a big bag of trash, it read, "take our trash out, you limp dick liberal piece of shit." really brightened my mood, actually.

ha ha! I hope you kept the note.

Is camhead allowed to banz people from the campground?

I did not keep the note unfortunately. I do remember who the campers were, though (white trash gangstah types who would be frat boys if their parents had the money. They won't be back, but if they are I will give them teh permabanz!

lena_chita

Sep 24, 2013, 2:15 AM
Post #100955 of 105309 (6862 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Awesome. I should try to get a long weekend in down to the New before the end of the year and harass you at the AAC campground.

In other news, I just had my partner for my big project of the fall back out on me (for legitimate reasons). My wife is a little relieved that I will not become a fixed piece of pro in a desert classic, but frankly I'm really disappointed. I have a shit ton of vacation, I'm feeling pretty strong, and I have no solid desert partner.

GO

Even CI sometimes makes a valid pointe

granite_grrl

Sep 24, 2013, 2:46 AM
Post #100956 of 105309 (6858 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

GO

Gud plan. Gabe, I would also suggest you bring your HBs with, as they prove to be very valuable on southern sandstone.

snoopy138

Sep 24, 2013, 4:30 PM
Post #100957 of 105309 (6838 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

GO

that's true, but I figured she might want a belayer for most of the weke.

snoopy138

Sep 24, 2013, 4:31 PM
Post #100958 of 105309 (6836 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

GO

Gud plan. Gabe, I would also suggest you bring your HBs with, as they prove to be very valuable on southern sandstone.

Teh HB33z! CI, when are you coming down to jtree?

snoopy138

Sep 24, 2013, 4:32 PM
Post #100959 of 105309 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

GO

I think there's a gnu chicken living out by teh fish compound.

caughtinside

Sep 24, 2013, 5:16 PM
Post #100960 of 105309 (6826 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

GO

Looks like halloween. I'll also be there the following weekend for the blitzo thing.

snoopy138

Sep 24, 2013, 7:38 PM
Post #100961 of 105309 (6813 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

GO

Looks like halloween. I'll also be there the following weekend for the blitzo thing.

cool, I'll let clucky know.

Partner camhead

Sep 25, 2013, 9:49 PM
Post #100962 of 105309 (6767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Fun day yesterday. Jung needed some models for some marketing photos that he was taking for the river company he works for. Pay was a free meal at the nicest restaurant in town, so I jumped at the chance.

I should have known that, since it was Jung, that there would be curveballs. The shoot started out good, he wanted to catch the morning light in a luxury cabin, but also wanted to depict afternoon-beer-drinking. So, starting at 8:30, we looked at our prop beerz, thought "what the hell," and started drinking. Then it turned out that Jung wanted some hot tub shots, and stuck me and this raft guide chick in the hot tub with a bottle of $3 Walmart merlot. More drinking ensued.

THEN, shit got real. Jung wanted some "summer swimming pics," so he made us hike down to this deep swimming hole in a creek, told us to jump in, and frolic. Only trouble was that it was about 55 degrees, and the water was probably 45 degrees. Fucking frigid, even with the mild buzz I had going. Thought I was going to drop from cardiac arrest right there, and I could not feel my toes, fingers, or ____ for the rest of the day.

The meal that night was worth it, though. Plum basted duck, prime rib, three pieces of cheesecake. Jay put some of the pics up on the facespace.

lena_chita

Sep 26, 2013, 1:42 PM
Post #100963 of 105309 (6747 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Fun day yesterday. Jung needed some models for some marketing photos that he was taking for the river company he works for. Pay was a free meal at the nicest restaurant in town, so I jumped at the chance.

I should have known that, since it was Jung, that there would be curveballs. The shoot started out good, he wanted to catch the morning light in a luxury cabin, but also wanted to depict afternoon-beer-drinking. So, starting at 8:30, we looked at our prop beerz, thought "what the hell," and started drinking. Then it turned out that Jung wanted some hot tub shots, and stuck me and this raft guide chick in the hot tub with a bottle of $3 Walmart merlot. More drinking ensued.

THEN, shit got real. Jung wanted some "summer swimming pics," so he made us hike down to this deep swimming hole in a creek, told us to jump in, and frolic. Only trouble was that it was about 55 degrees, and the water was probably 45 degrees. Fucking frigid, even with the mild buzz I had going. Thought I was going to drop from cardiac arrest right there, and I could not feel my toes, fingers, or ____ for the rest of the day.

The meal that night was worth it, though. Plum basted duck, prime rib, three pieces of cheesecake. Jay put some of the pics up on the facespace.

You don't want to know what Heffe said when he saw a pic of you drinking in the hot tub. But maybe he'll tell you this weekend, anyway.

You looked so YOGI-like, contemplating sunrise at Diamond point lookout. :) And I noticed that they cut off your balding top of the head in the picture.

Partner camhead

Sep 26, 2013, 6:41 PM
Post #100964 of 105309 (6734 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

You looked so YOGI-like, contemplating sunrise at Diamond point lookout. :) And I noticed that they cut off your balding top of the head in the picture.

What balding head? You don't know what you're talking about.

This weekend is going to be amazing, btw!

granite_grrl

Sep 27, 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #100965 of 105309 (6706 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

weke-end...er, Thursday report.

Took the day off yesterday for Nathan's birthday. He is pretty awesome, if a little confusing sometimes.

He drove up on Wednesday night and we got to bed early. Then yesterday we drove up to Lion's Head and I got on my project. It's hard to warm up in that area so I climbed a nice little 5.10 then went bolt to bolt on the proj to finish warming up. Fired the rig the next go. I had to ask Nathan if the route was really grade XYZ because it didn't really feel that hard.

Nathan finished off a route he had gotten on last weekend and didn't send, then did a pretty rad onsight. He's onsighted at that grade quite a few times before, but he has struggled with the style of climbing at the cliff so it means he's finally learning how to climb there. He did good.

Then we went cut the day short and went out to dinner. It was a good day.

snoopy138

Sep 27, 2013, 4:47 PM
Post #100966 of 105309 (6690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

Took the day off yesterday for Nathan's birthday. He is pretty awesome, if a little confusing sometimes.

He drove up on Wednesday night and we got to bed early. Then yesterday we drove up to Lion's Head and I got on my project. It's hard to warm up in that area so I climbed a nice little 5.10 then went bolt to bolt on the proj to finish warming up. Fired the rig the next go. I had to ask Nathan if the route was really grade XYZ because it didn't really feel that hard.

Nathan finished off a route he had gotten on last weekend and didn't send, then did a pretty rad onsight. He's onsighted at that grade quite a few times before, but he has struggled with the style of climbing at the cliff so it means he's finally learning how to climb there. He did good.

gud jorb. solid restraint with teh numbers. that post right there is certainly something teh west ohioginians would not be able to pull off.

Partner camhead

Sep 27, 2013, 8:49 PM
Post #100967 of 105309 (6664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

gud jorb. solid restraint with teh numbers. that post right there is certainly something teh west ohioginians would not be able to pull off.

I was just gonna ask what grade it was. Guessing one two boy.

snoopy138

Sep 27, 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #100968 of 105309 (6658 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

for XYZ, or teh pegbored champ's non-pegbored onsight?

lena_chita

Sep 30, 2013, 2:15 PM
Post #100969 of 105309 (6582 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

for XYZ, or teh pegbored champ's non-pegbored onsight?

XYZ of course!

lena_chita

Sep 30, 2013, 2:39 PM
Post #100970 of 105309 (6574 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My weak-end report:

Spent 3 days at the New, in perfect weather, and I managed not to send anything other than warmups on any of the three days. It took some doing!

Tried my long-term kinda-sorta semi-project on Friday at Kaymoor. First go was horrible. I have gotten it to one-hung before, but on first go I couldn't even do two of the moves from hanging and trying repeatedly. Pulled on draws, got to the top, managed not to cry, until Banz offered to retreat to safe distance and throw chocolates at me. Then I sniffled a bit, but recovered.
2nd go was much better, did all the moves, and 3rd go got to one-hung again. Didn't have time to try for the 4th go, because Ed and Heffe wanted to do something else.
Then we walked to 7-11 wall and got bogged down trying a classic eleven that I still cannot do, despite going through the crux easily and painlessly. Heffe hated it, too, surprisingly. Eventually Ed succeeded in getting the rope to the top on his 2nd go, and we went to eat Thai food.

New Thai restaurant at the New was somewhat disappointing. Food was good, but served cafeteria-style, and with really limited choices, Plus, they were running out of stuff. I would have expected the "combo" dinner to run somewhere in the $8-10 range, given the quantity of food and the limited (only) choice. Instead it was $39 for the two of us. A bit steep, IMO.

Saturday we split up. Heffe with with his friend Tim, and Ed and I returned to Kaymoor. I put in three goes on the same project, feeling better, but still no send. The last go I almost had it. At least I didn't cry, didn't take, and jumped for everything 1st try. The Ed failed on the last move of his project, when I totally thought that he had it in the bag, for sure.

Then I had a half-brick-sized rock land right next to me, knocked out by a guy from the top of one of Kaymoor classics. That was the closest I ever came to not walking out of the crag. Kinda shaken by it, still.
Went for consolation dinner at Diogi's, discovered that Heffe, unlike us, had sent a 12a that he was happy about. Carnitas were as good as always, and really, the dinner at Diogi's ran the same price tag as the Thai place... no comparison, IMO!

Sunday was a very-low-group-psyche day. Nobody wanted to make a decision about where to go. I suggested Kaymoor AGAIN, bc I felt surprisingly good for a 3rd day, and thought I could possibly get the stupid project already. Ed was on board with it, but Heffe nixed that idea, bc he didn't want to have a long day. Then Ed and Hefe decided that they wanted a "mileage day", and the best place to do it is Summersville. But Heffe started feeling bad on the hike, and ended up not climbing at all. Ed felt really bad on the warm-up, but managed to send it on the 3rd go. I did 4 pitches, and felt good on them bc they were all the climbs that I have done, but never hung draws on, before, and this time I managed. I wanted to climb some more, but the gravity bubble was steadily increasing as the group psychiness decreased, so we packed up, and headed home, after having pizza.

That's awl. Could have been better, could have been worse.

granite_grrl

Sep 30, 2013, 2:41 PM
Post #100971 of 105309 (6573 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

weke-end report.

Saturday was fun. Got my hair cut and hang out with my old friend (and hair dresser) Jeff in the morning. Went to the farmer's market. Went ot the bridge and did some drytool training, and I'm getting better at figure-4s. Went to a party in Toronto and stayed over night at out friends.

Unfortunatly, I left Nathan alone at the party. He was being super social, though most of the time he was talking someone's ear off about ice and/or mixed climbing. The unfortunate thing was his consumtion of 3/4 of a bottle of Russian Vodka and his hangover.

So spent about 2 hours trying to get him out of out friend's house Sat morning. He only had dry heaves in the car two or three times on the drive home. He spent the rest of the day in bed, only coming out periodically to complain about the smells in the kitchen and then make a visit to the bathroom.

teh pegboard champ has to realize he can't drink like he's in his 20's anymore.

Partner camhead

Sep 30, 2013, 3:42 PM
Post #100972 of 105309 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
New Thai restaurant at the New was somewhat disappointing. Food was good, but served cafeteria-style, and with really limited choices, Plus, they were running out of stuff. I would have expected the "combo" dinner to run somewhere in the $8-10 range, given the quantity of food and the limited (only) choice. Instead it was $39 for the two of us. A bit steep, IMO.

I'm comfruzed. I got charged $12 for the full-plate dinner at the Thai place. And I don't tip much, since there is no server, really. What sort of drinks did you guys get? I guess that it would be cheaper at Diogis if ya'll split the carnitas or something.

It was cool climbing with y'all, even thoughJefe was being a downer. I still don't get why anyone would make such a long drive down to the New just to be an Eeyor. If I'd have been Jeff, I would have just put my foot down for Endless Wall. Glad he got his One Two, though. Sorry you didn't get your project. More campusing!

We went to Beauty on Sunday. Had been saving Chunky Munky for a flash for several years now, got strong Fred to hang my draws (ZING!), got all his betaz. Made it to the very last draw, then had a foot slip on this hard rightward bump, and had all my gloriez, hopes, and dreams smashed. Then got on this route called Travesty, might be a good prodge for the fall. Joe was doing his regular "it's not so bad" sandbagging, until Fred called him out; "how about you wait until you send something before you say it's easy?" Was pretty awesome.

Partner camhead

Sep 30, 2013, 3:50 PM
Post #100973 of 105309 (6560 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

Unfortunatly, I left Nathan alone at the party. He was being super social, though most of the time he was talking someone's ear off about ice and/or mixed climbing. The unfortunate thing was his consumtion of 3/4 of a bottle of Russian Vodka and his hangover.

So spent about 2 hours trying to get him out of out friend's house Sat morning. He only had dry heaves in the car two or three times on the drive home. He spent the rest of the day in bed, only coming out periodically to complain about the smells in the kitchen and then make a visit to the bathroom.

This is hilarious. I occasionally need a smackdown to remember that I'm not in my 20s as well.

Ran into a friend of yours yesterday at the carg; I think her name was Lindsay? Pigtails, super outgoing and friendly. She mentioned having a bad lead head, after pulling gear on Ontario slimestone, and I mentioned that I had a fiernd who nearly died doing that, and she was like, "Oh, Rebecca? Yeah, she knows everyone!"

Cool girl, but was screaming with the full fear of death as she was about to fall onto a bomber cam two feet below her. I hope she eventually got her head right.

On a similar topic, I've decided to take a voluntary hiatus from the tard climbing, at least R stuff. That last headopint kind of scared me, and I need to wait until I get insurance to do that shit again.

lena_chita

Sep 30, 2013, 4:11 PM
Post #100974 of 105309 (6557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I'm comfruzed. I got charged $12 for the full-plate dinner at the Thai place. And I don't tip much, since there is no server, really. What sort of drinks did you guys get? I guess that it would be cheaper at Diogis if ya'll split the carnitas or something.

I got coconut juice, and Heffe got Thai tea that they brewed. Ed got the tea, too, i think. And he paid $16. I am confuzzled, too.

I usually don't get any drinks at Diogis, just water, and the carnitas are $17, I think?

camhead wrote:
It was cool climbing with y'all, even thoughJefe was being a downer. I still don't get why anyone would make such a long drive down to the New just to be an Eeyor. If I'd have been Jeff, I would have just put my foot down for Endless Wall. Glad he got his One Two, though. Sorry you didn't get your project. More campusing!

Well, you know Heffe. He never says that he wants to go someplace specific, he is just down with whatever anyone else wants. I even pushed him a bit on where he wanted to go on Fri, bc I KNEW that he wanted to go to Endless, and Ed kept asking him.

But he was just bummed that Tim wasn't coming down for 3 days, as he had originally planned (that was the reason Heffe took a day off, in the first place), and he also kept saying that he is not in good shape, so he has no intention on getting on anything hard, or projecting anything, etc.etc. So I took him at his word. If he doesn't want to admit that he wants to go somewhere, and if he is saying that he is o.k. with whatever, then I will pick the whatevers.

Tim is his comfort blankie, I guess. I was really happy that he got to go climbing with Tim and JT on Saturday. The only reason he got on Submarine is bc Tim set up toprope, and then Heffe tronsighted it, and then Tim pushed him to lead it, and he sent, and then he was happy about it. That's how it works for him.

camhead wrote:
We went to Beauty on Sunday. Had been saving Chunky Munky for a flash for several years now, got strong Fred to hang my draws (ZING!), got all his betaz. Made it to the very last draw, then had a foot slip on this hard rightward bump, and had all my gloriez, hopes, and dreams smashed. Then got on this route called Travesty, might be a good prodge for the fall. Joe was doing his regular "it's not so bad" sandbagging, until Fred called him out; "how about you wait until you send something before you say it's easy?" Was pretty awesome.

Sorry to hear about your dashed dreams and gloriez. That's a nice burn from Fred! What did Joe say back?

I am surprised Fred didn't go to the Red, they were originally planning to go. They are nice guys.

granite_grrl

Sep 30, 2013, 4:47 PM
Post #100975 of 105309 (6551 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

This is hilarious. I occasionally need a smackdown to remember that I'm not in my 20s as well.

Ran into a friend of yours yesterday at the carg; I think her name was Lindsay? Pigtails, super outgoing and friendly. She mentioned having a bad lead head, after pulling gear on Ontario slimestone, and I mentioned that I had a fiernd who nearly died doing that, and she was like, "Oh, Rebecca? Yeah, she knows everyone!"

Cool girl, but was screaming with the full fear of death as she was about to fall onto a bomber cam two feet below her. I hope she eventually got her head right.

On a similar topic, I've decided to take a voluntary hiatus from the tard climbing, at least R stuff. That last headopint kind of scared me, and I need to wait until I get insurance to do that shit again.

I get along with her really well. Probably should have gone to the gnu with them instead of dealing with a hung over champ all weekend, but hindsight's 20-20.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4035 4036 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 4043 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook