Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4036 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 4043 4044 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Sep 30, 2013, 4:58 PM
Post #100976 of 105309 (6861 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Unfortunatly, I left Nathan alone at the party. He was being super social, though most of the time he was talking someone's ear off about ice and/or mixed climbing. The unfortunate thing was his consumtion of 3/4 of a bottle of Russian Vodka and his hangover.

So spent about 2 hours trying to get him out of out friend's house Sat morning. He only had dry heaves in the car two or three times on the drive home. He spent the rest of the day in bed, only coming out periodically to complain about the smells in the kitchen and then make a visit to the bathroom.

teh pegboard champ has to realize he can't drink like he's in his 20's anymore.

This is hilarious. I occasionally need a smackdown to remember that I'm not in my 20s as well.

Ran into a friend of yours yesterday at the carg; I think her name was Lindsay? Pigtails, super outgoing and friendly. She mentioned having a bad lead head, after pulling gear on Ontario slimestone, and I mentioned that I had a fiernd who nearly died doing that, and she was like, "Oh, Rebecca? Yeah, she knows everyone!"

Cool girl, but was screaming with the full fear of death as she was about to fall onto a bomber cam two feet below her. I hope she eventually got her head right.

On a similar topic, I've decided to take a voluntary hiatus from the tard climbing, at least R stuff. That last headopint kind of scared me, and I need to wait until I get insurance to do that shit again.

If I had thought about it it would have been fun to have her fuck with you, or your fuck with her.

Partner camhead

Sep 30, 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #100977 of 105309 (6859 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Unfortunatly, I left Nathan alone at the party. He was being super social, though most of the time he was talking someone's ear off about ice and/or mixed climbing. The unfortunate thing was his consumtion of 3/4 of a bottle of Russian Vodka and his hangover.

So spent about 2 hours trying to get him out of out friend's house Sat morning. He only had dry heaves in the car two or three times on the drive home. He spent the rest of the day in bed, only coming out periodically to complain about the smells in the kitchen and then make a visit to the bathroom.

This is hilarious. I occasionally need a smackdown to remember that I'm not in my 20s as well.

Ran into a friend of yours yesterday at the carg; I think her name was Lindsay? Pigtails, super outgoing and friendly. She mentioned having a bad lead head, after pulling gear on Ontario slimestone, and I mentioned that I had a fiernd who nearly died doing that, and she was like, "Oh, Rebecca? Yeah, she knows everyone!"

Cool girl, but was screaming with the full fear of death as she was about to fall onto a bomber cam two feet below her. I hope she eventually got her head right.

On a similar topic, I've decided to take a voluntary hiatus from the tard climbing, at least R stuff. That last headopint kind of scared me, and I need to wait until I get insurance to do that shit again.

If I had thought about it it would have been fun to have her fuck with you, or your fuck with her.

Yes, missed opportunities. You could have had her ask me if I had heard about how they are having problems with the cg manager, hehe.

And durp durp, you should have come down, duh.

granite_grrl

Sep 30, 2013, 5:15 PM
Post #100978 of 105309 (6854 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Yes, missed opportunities. You could have had her ask me if I had heard about how they are having problems with the cg manager, hehe.

It's hard on weekends like that. Nathan really can't take any vacation time left to use on silly things like rock scaling (this is truth - his dad is sick). So I need to take long weekends away by myself, but I also want to spend whatever time I can with him. It sucks.

lena_chita

Sep 30, 2013, 5:33 PM
Post #100979 of 105309 (6851 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

It's hard on weekends like that. Nathan really can't take any vacation time left to use on silly things like rock scaling (this is truth - his dad is sick). So I need to take long weekends away by myself, but I also want to spend whatever time I can with him. It sucks.

Yeah, that's tough. And with birthday on Thursday, you really couldn't have taken a trip, unless he was going to rack up some serious good-husband points.

Still, it was a perfect weekend, weather-wise.

We ran into some other Canadians at the New, too, also from Toronto, though I don't think they knew you. The girl's name was also Rebecca, and the guy was Mike. They were on this long 7-month road trip, because he was between school and work, and she has an awesome career: she is a lifestyle couch for people who want to work from home or travel. Now, THAT is some smart thinking for career choice. What was I thinking when I picked my career path?

Oh, and a best quote from the entire weekend. As we were driving to Summersville on Sunday Morning, blue skies, breezy beautiful weather and all, I said wistfully, imagine if we didn't have to go back today? Imagine if we had two months ahead of us, with nothing but climbing?

To which Ed responded, yeah, I can imagine it very well, today would have been a rest day.

Partner camhead

Sep 30, 2013, 6:09 PM
Post #100980 of 105309 (6844 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

Oh, and a best quote from the entire weekend. As we were driving to Summersville on Sunday Morning, blue skies, breezy beautiful weather and all, I said wistfully, imagine if we didn't have to go back today? Imagine if we had two months ahead of us, with nothing but climbing?

To which Ed responded, yeah, I can imagine it very well, today would have been a rest day.

Hehe, yeah, I wonder what it would be like to have nothing but climbing coming up for the next few months... wait, never mind.

Today is a nice rest day, though.

snoopy138

Sep 30, 2013, 7:30 PM
Post #100981 of 105309 (6832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Then I had a half-brick-sized rock land right next to me, knocked out by a guy from the top of one of Kaymoor classics. That was the closest I ever came to not walking out of the crag. Kinda shaken by it, still.

half-brick is not a size of falling rock.

nevertheless, whatever size this rock actually was, gud thing it didn't land on ewe. did the guy who knocked it off yell anything?

snoopy138

Sep 30, 2013, 7:34 PM
Post #100982 of 105309 (6829 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I get along with her really well. Probably should have gone to the gnu with them instead of dealing with a hung over champ all weekend, but hindsight's 20-20.

have a feeling hindsight wasn't quite 20-20 for teh pegbored champ on saturday.

Partner camhead

Sep 30, 2013, 8:46 PM
Post #100983 of 105309 (6811 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Then I had a half-brick-sized rock land right next to me, knocked out by a guy from the top of one of Kaymoor classics. That was the closest I ever came to not walking out of the crag. Kinda shaken by it, still.

nevertheless, whatever size this rock actually was, gud thing it didn't land on ewe. did the guy who knocked it off yell anything?

Needs appliance conversion. How big is a half-brick? A very, very, very small microwave?

granite_grrl

Sep 30, 2013, 11:54 PM
Post #100984 of 105309 (6794 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Needs appliance conversion. How big is a half-brick? A very, very, very small microwave?

toaster

tripperjm

Oct 1, 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #100985 of 105309 (6787 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
macherry wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
So clamhed....

Which campground are you the camp stalker at?

Been hearing that there have been 'difficulties with the camp host' at the AAC campground.

Is that you?

Oh shit, this is getting good. My fb fiernds and the gerkz know now!

I'm pretty sure that commenter on mp was this New Yorker who was pissed that I woke him up at 9am to pay fees before I had to leave. His complaints about the lack of water are valid though, and I hop the powers that be do something about that.

Worthless without links!
http://mountainproject.com/...at-the-new/108342514

I iz yore link stawker?

Speaking of vaguely entertaining dramaz, why isn't this pic on the front page? It really should be. It's kind of good, but at the same time kind of creepy and self-involved. Just like RC.com! Vote it up! So sez the fly buzzing in yer ear, all subliminiminal like.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...file/Me__122089.html

Soon the FP pic will be nothing but nicole renee and potrero ed vanity shots, all day every day.

GO
(editing is weke, but bad links are even wekerer).

That pic is on the front page.

And on that note - I keep thinking how much that eye makeup would sting if she ever broke a sweat.

For plastic to sweat, the temps would have to be REALLY high! I believe at some point it becomes "melting", instead of "sweating"

that pic creeps me out.........but i five starred it just the same

It's like the Doctor Who episodes where the mannikins come to life. Except this mannikin is (somewhat) more realistic, which makes it that much creepier.

GO

Uncanny valley?

heh.... gud won

tripperjm

Oct 1, 2013, 1:04 AM
Post #100986 of 105309 (6787 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
above "whoo" not an endorsement of peg-boarding

Good!

What's the deal with pegboarding, anyway?

Our gym built a SUPER-sweet new training area, moved all hangboards, systems wall, campus board, crack wall, etc. in one place. Really sweet setup that allows you to put up 16 hangboards and easily subtract weight, if needed.

Anyway, super-sweet.

And then they went and put peg holes all the way around the hangboard support boards. And now every single gumby in the gym goes there and attempts to pegboard their way all the way around the entire structure, in the most retarded manner possible. What's the appeal of traversing by sticking pegs into every-2-inch evenly spaced holes and hanging from them, I am not sure, but it's like the star attraction of the gym at the moment.

it took me a while to realize that this involved actual pegs, and that not all uv teh gumbys were bringing in their ice toolz.

Sometimes, when you don't know the answer....

It's best to just sit there and smile.

Would it make the pegging any less retarded? (my apologies to everyone who likes it)

uhmmm.... peg boreding and pegging are knot exactly teh same thing.

I thought ewe gnu? ....go ask dribble.

tripperjm

Oct 1, 2013, 1:16 AM
Post #100987 of 105309 (6786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Wasted weekend on my part. Didn't send anything. 1-hung a one-two-boy, that's the closest to success I've come. Couldn't even get through the middle section of my "project" that I went through pretty easily last weekend, and when I first tried it a couple of years ago.

Banz climbed cleanly through the crux on all three of his projects, and then fell in the easier section above the crux that he had done cleanly before.

Ed was the only one who sent anything this weekend.

I'm feeling pretty bummed.

It was pretty shitty conditions this weekend. Rained all day fri and sat. Fortunately, it was the annual AAC craggin classic festival here, and what we lost in climbing we made up for in beerz and slide shows. Was really fun. Sunday was splitter (braw!) conditions, and I dragged myself out to endless even though I was operating on like two hours of sleep from the party the night before. Fell all over prodges, but got one endless 12a (ten sleep 13a, maple 14c, Gunks 5.7,easier than the start of C&J).

Also found a real gem of a note at one campsite. Next to a big bag of trash, it read, "take our trash out, you limp dick liberal piece of shit." really brightened my mood, actually.

ha ha! I hope you kept the note.

Is camhead allowed to banz people from the campground?

I did not keep the note unfortunately. I do remember who the campers were, though (white trash gangstah types who would be frat boys if their parents had the money. They won't be back, but if they are I will give them teh permabanz!

sighs.... ewe has becum everything I hate, a tool. Banzing pranksters iz weke.

Still, if I cum owt this fall, due I camp for free?

tripperjm

Oct 1, 2013, 1:23 AM
Post #100988 of 105309 (6785 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Wasted weekend on my part. Didn't send anything. 1-hung a one-two-boy, that's the closest to success I've come. Couldn't even get through the middle section of my "project" that I went through pretty easily last weekend, and when I first tried it a couple of years ago.

Banz climbed cleanly through the crux on all three of his projects, and then fell in the easier section above the crux that he had done cleanly before.

It was pretty shitty conditions this weekend. Rained all day fri and sat. Fortunately, it was the annual AAC craggin classic festival here, and what we lost in climbing we made up for in beerz and slide shows. Was really fun. Sunday was splitter (braw!) conditions, and I dragged myself out to endless even though I was operating on like two hours of sleep from the party the night before. Fell all over prodges, but got one endless 12a (ten sleep 13a, maple 14c, Gunks 5.7,easier than the start of C&J).

Also found a real gem of a note at one campsite. Next to a big bag of trash, it read, "take our trash out, you limp dick liberal piece of shit." really brightened my mood, actually.

Awesome. I should try to get a long weekend in down to the New before the end of the year and harass you at the AAC campground.

Better hurry up before the good ole boys run him out of town.

My weekend was spent entertaining the in-laws.

In other news, I just had my partner for my big project of the fall back out on me (for legitimate reasons). My wife is a little relieved that I will not become a fixed piece of pro in a desert classic, but frankly I'm really disappointed. I have a shit ton of vacation, I'm feeling pretty strong, and I have no solid desert partner.

GO

Fly out to the Red, I'll climb with you for the week.

make sure to kutz his rope at teh end uv teh weke.

Gud plan. Gabe, I would also suggest you bring your HBs with, as they prove to be very valuable on southern sandstone.

Teh HB33z! CI, when are you coming down to jtree?

Looks like halloween. I'll also be there the following weekend for the blitzo thing.

I'm sure fish iz excited....

Having a beer lacky iz nice,

but when teh lacky does yore chores, while ewe sit around drinking his beerz telling stories... Well that's priceless.

tripperjm

Oct 1, 2013, 1:25 AM
Post #100989 of 105309 (6785 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Awesome. I should try to get a long weekend in down to the New before the end of the year and harass you at the AAC campground.

In other news, I just had my partner for my big project of the fall back out on me (for legitimate reasons). My wife is a little relieved that I will not become a fixed piece of pro in a desert classic, but frankly I'm really disappointed. I have a shit ton of vacation, I'm feeling pretty strong, and I have no solid desert partner.

GO

Gud plan. Gabe, I would also suggest you bring your HBs with, as they prove to be very valuable on southern sandstone.

Looks like halloween. I'll also be there the following weekend for the blitzo thing.

oh yea,,, I'll likely sea ewe at teh Blitzo thing.

dr_feelgood

Oct 1, 2013, 1:26 AM
Post #100990 of 105309 (6784 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

toaster

Immersion blender without the wand attached. Bam!

tripperjm

Oct 1, 2013, 1:30 AM
Post #100991 of 105309 (6783 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
weke-end report.

Ewe kids make me laugh.

climbs4fun

Oct 1, 2013, 2:15 AM
Post #100992 of 105309 (6767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Fun day yesterday. Jung needed some models for some marketing photos that he was taking for the river company he works for. Pay was a free meal at the nicest restaurant in town, so I jumped at the chance.

I should have known that, since it was Jung, that there would be curveballs. The shoot started out good, he wanted to catch the morning light in a luxury cabin, but also wanted to depict afternoon-beer-drinking. So, starting at 8:30, we looked at our prop beerz, thought "what the hell," and started drinking. Then it turned out that Jung wanted some hot tub shots, and stuck me and this raft guide chick in the hot tub with a bottle of $3 Walmart merlot. More drinking ensued.

THEN, shit got real. Jung wanted some "summer swimming pics," so he made us hike down to this deep swimming hole in a creek, told us to jump in, and frolic. Only trouble was that it was about 55 degrees, and the water was probably 45 degrees. Fucking frigid, even with the mild buzz I had going. Thought I was going to drop from cardiac arrest right there, and I could not feel my toes, fingers, or ____ for the rest of the day.

The meal that night was worth it, though. Plum basted duck, prime rib, three pieces of cheesecake. Jay put some of the pics up on the facespace.

Does anybody else hear the Whaaaaaaaambulance?

lena_chita

Oct 1, 2013, 4:12 PM
Post #100993 of 105309 (6730 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

toaster

I was there. and I say that it was half-brick. And I mean, literally. It was nicely-even with parallel sides, and all.

I think it must have been one of those loose rocks that is held in a slot, and wiggles there kinda securely, without going anywhere-- except when it finally does go.

And no, the guy didn't yell anything, and didn't even say, "gosh, I am so glad nobody got hurt" when he was lowered off. he was just pissed that he didn't send. And no, the brick had nothing to do with it. He fell before the brick episode.

granite_grrl

Oct 1, 2013, 4:47 PM
Post #100994 of 105309 (6727 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

toaster

I was there. and I say that it was half-brick. And I mean, literally. It was nicely-even with parallel sides, and all.

I think it must have been one of those loose rocks that is held in a slot, and wiggles there kinda securely, without going anywhere-- except when it finally does go.

And no, the guy didn't yell anything, and didn't even say, "gosh, I am so glad nobody got hurt" when he was lowered off. he was just pissed that he didn't send. And no, the brick had nothing to do with it. He fell before the brick episode.

You keep referring to this "brick"......are you sure it wasn't more like a hand mixer?

lena_chita

Oct 1, 2013, 4:58 PM
Post #100995 of 105309 (6724 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

toaster

You keep referring to this "brick"......are you sure it wasn't more like a hand mixer?

No, it was a cow. I mean, a steak.

caughtinside

Oct 1, 2013, 7:51 PM
Post #100996 of 105309 (6696 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

GO

Cool. I think there are going to be a ton of folks out at that thing.

Not sure about the prior weekend though, looks like we are likely headed to red rocks. I'm hoping we hit NJC for half a day on the 30th on the drive out there.

caughtinside

Oct 1, 2013, 7:53 PM
Post #100997 of 105309 (6694 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news, been surfing a fair bit out here. Except for the 3 days I was way sick last week, ugh.

Also, my Jamaican bobsled suits showed up. Look for the team at a sunny crag in October

dr_feelgood

Oct 1, 2013, 9:29 PM
Post #100998 of 105309 (6677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

toaster

No, it was a cow. I mean, a steak.

Maybe a bagel slicer?

snoopy138

Oct 1, 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #100999 of 105309 (6668 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

toaster

while I don't understand your "brick" language, based on your descriptions it seems to be maybe a small cheese grater size, or maybe one of those magic bullet things?

snoopy138

Oct 1, 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #101000 of 105309 (6665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

GO

Cool. I think there are going to be a ton of folks out at that thing.

Not sure about the prior weekend though, looks like we are likely headed to red rocks. I'm hoping we hit NJC for half a day on the 30th on the drive out there.

be sure to hit up that 25 ft. chossy overhanging tard carck in wilow springs.

I might see about making it out to RR that weke end.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4036 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 4043 4044 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook