RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

antleo

Oct 2, 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #1 of 2 (839 views)
Shortcut

Climbing store around ballston Spa/Burnt Hills/Clifton Park/albany NY
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, so I'm looking into getting my own gear! However, I do not know of any place within the general area of Ballston Spa(or anywhere else said in the title) I know there is ems sports but do they really have a whole lot? I'm mainly looking to go try on shoes. If they don't have anything else I can deal with that, but shoes are what I need at the moment.

Also, sort of related but not needed for a bit of time yet, is there any sport climbing locations around the same area? Further works too, but somewhere around this area?

Thanks for any help!

ChaChaHeels

Oct 21, 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #2 of 2 (614 views)
Shortcut

Re: [antleo] Climbing store around ballston Spa/Burnt Hills/Clifton Park/albany NY [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've been to the Stuyvesant plaza EMS store on Western Ave in Albany and would recommend them. They had a very good assortment of climbing shoes. Can't think of another store in the area that has any climbing gear. The sales lady who helped me was a climber too--that's what you get at EMS--people who work in the store tend to actually do the sports they sell gear for. If you havn't found them already, go indoor climbing at The Edge on Rt 9 in Halfmoon. Ask the staff if there's anything close by outdoors for a beginner to climb. Since you'll need partners anyway, may as well see if there's a climbing meetup group in the area. I just visit family in that area and go to the Edge when I can...hope this helpsAngelic

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook