Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Any legal questions? Post a reply and I'll see if I can't g
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

c_plante

Nov 24, 2001, 12:13 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1378 views)
Shortcut

Any legal questions? Post a reply and I'll see if I can't g  (North_America: United_States: Wyoming: Western_Wy_: Upper_Bridge_Bands: Hideout_Wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a bunch of legal manuals type stuff so I'll look through them, I'll also get some phone numbers together and try to track down people to get some answers.

Christian

c_plante

Nov 24, 2001, 12:22 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1378 views)
Shortcut

Any legal questions? Post a reply and I'll see if I can't g [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well to be honest I didn't expect this kind of question but here goes:
Ontario Parks and Rec & National Parks and Rec really want people to stay on designated trails. In fact they're sticklers about it, they'd likely give you a warning though. Really the easiest thing that you can do is simply check with the individual ski resort before you do it. Chances are that they won't let you go down a closed trail for some simple reasons:
1) It may be unsafe
2) If you go down a closed trail and hurt yourself you'll be on the hook. Try and explain why you went down a closed trail to the judge and see how far it'll get you.

They won't throw you in jail btw, the most that a private ski resort can do is either turf you off their property or call the police to do it for them. The cops would likely hold you and give you a stern talking to and call it a day. About the only way that you'd end up in jail is if you were endagering other peoples lives, or stopping them from enjoying the services provided by the ski resort, that would get you charged with mischief. If convicted you'd see 10 000$ fine with 6 months, that's max btw.

Hope that helped.

Christian

c_plante

Nov 26, 2001, 5:20 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1378 views)
Shortcut

Any legal questions? Post a reply and I'll see if I can't g [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

np

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook