Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4044 4045 4046 4047 4048 4049 4050 4051 4052 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Oct 18, 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #101176 of 105309 (6270 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
curt wrote:
epoch wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
macherry wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
I just looked at the front page and every post was spam....

This site sure has gone into the shitter.

This is tru.

Online forums need semi regular upgrades to keep up with spam technology. Apparently RC.com has been totally abandoned by it's overloads.

edge posted up in feedback that it was sold again, and no one seems to be in charge.

tons of spam this am

Sort of, but not exactly...

The front line of defense against spammers is the mods, and a number of them have walked away from their posts. It's hard to blame them, when the overlords have abandoned them, and it's only the overlords who have the power to stop the tide of the spambots. But the overlords don't really care a whit about this site.

The current owners of the company are a megacorporation (Name Media) that owns and sells internet domains. Even if the ad revenue from this site dropped to zero, it probably wouldn't be a blip on their radar.

They have owned the company for quite a while now, but they leased it for several years to D4D media, who ran it. D4D gave up this spring and did not renew their lease. So rc.com is a rudderless ship, and the few remaining mods (including Lena) are doing their best by sticking their hands in the water and paddling as hard as they can.

GO

i thought as much.

i was messaging philbox a while back. i don't think he had been around in over a year...and when i was a modz, phil was the head modz.

if i was still wearing the green coat, i wouldn't be that worked up about moding either

The ones with a green coat don't mod either, there's three to four of us who de-spam and that's about it. I couldn't care if jt and curt flame noobs and shit now anyway, it'd create traffic, but they're likely telling awesome one-were stories on the taco now anyway.

No need--all the n00bs have been culled.

Curt

That ^ wus funny

taht doesn't mean he's wanted here.

snoopy138

Oct 18, 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #101177 of 105309 (6268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
Got a bit beat up yesterday. Had been climbing three days on, so decided to take a rest day and hike out to the crag to just hang with some friends. Maybe do a bit of mellow tr-ing.

Anyway, joe was in full on adventurneering mode. Did this ugly no star 11d at endless, and it was so traversy and steep that he could not clean it on lower. I figured, what the hell I'll tr clean it. At the second bolt, right after unclipping, ad as I was moving into a right traverse, a foothold broke and I pealed. Joe was slacking on belay, and I took a huge winger, swung right into a tree and full on slammed the trunk with my thigh. Limping now, the muscle may have been hit with a baseball bat, and I can't high step worth a goddamn. Same leg as the LisPaul.

A bit pissed at joe, the guy has never been a super tight belay even when I've yelled at him. Looked at the fall after I lowered off, and there was no fucking excuse for me hitting that tree. Hope the thigh heals quickly. Gargh.

rite behind sprayers i hate shitty belayers next.

even if they're shitty belaying takes owt a known sprayer?

dr_feelgood

Oct 18, 2013, 2:32 AM
Post #101178 of 105309 (6255 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
Got a bit beat up yesterday. Had been climbing three days on, so decided to take a rest day and hike out to the crag to just hang with some friends. Maybe do a bit of mellow tr-ing.

Anyway, joe was in full on adventurneering mode. Did this ugly no star 11d at endless, and it was so traversy and steep that he could not clean it on lower. I figured, what the hell I'll tr clean it. At the second bolt, right after unclipping, ad as I was moving into a right traverse, a foothold broke and I pealed. Joe was slacking on belay, and I took a huge winger, swung right into a tree and full on slammed the trunk with my thigh. Limping now, the muscle may have been hit with a baseball bat, and I can't high step worth a goddamn. Same leg as the LisPaul.

A bit pissed at joe, the guy has never been a super tight belay even when I've yelled at him. Looked at the fall after I lowered off, and there was no fucking excuse for me hitting that tree. Hope the thigh heals quickly. Gargh.

A conundrum.

lena_chita

Oct 18, 2013, 3:29 PM
Post #101179 of 105309 (6230 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

A conundrum.

But what if a shitty belayer is ALSO a sprayer?

Is jack's hate additive, or multiplying?

lena_chita

Oct 18, 2013, 3:32 PM
Post #101180 of 105309 (6229 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Can't figure out why I am so freaking tired this week. Unlike gg, I didn't even get home THAT late. Didn't climb on Tue. Set for the bouldering comp on Wed, so some climbing, but not that much. Climbed some Thursday night, and felt like a was moving through molasses. Feeling sore and beat-up today. Ugh!

granite_grrl

Oct 18, 2013, 3:58 PM
Post #101181 of 105309 (6220 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Can't figure out why I am so freaking tired this week. Unlike gg, I didn't even get home THAT late. Didn't climb on Tue. Set for the bouldering comp on Wed, so some climbing, but not that much. Climbed some Thursday night, and felt like a was moving through molasses. Feeling sore and beat-up today. Ugh!

Food intake maybe?

I haven't been doing much of anything this week. Tuesday was a write off. Could have gone biking or running, but took a long nap when I got home from work instead.

Wednesday I decided to catch up on the run from Tuesday, and tweaked something in my neck about 2km in. Decided that there was no way I was going to be able to do a climbing exercise routine so I better make the most of the run and kept running for another 6km at a crimpled pace.

Yesterday I went to the Chiropractor. Got my neck moving again, though it’s still a little sore today. Went for another run but decided that an upper body workout wasn’t in my best interest.

This week has been a bit of a mess for me. This weekend is calling for a lot of rain, but hopefully I'll still get out climbing.

lena_chita

Oct 18, 2013, 5:17 PM
Post #101182 of 105309 (6210 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Food intake maybe?

That's a good ZING. I laffed.

granite_grrl wrote:
I haven't been doing much of anything this week. Tuesday was a write off. Could have gone biking or running, but took a long nap when I got home from work instead.

Wednesday I decided to catch up on the run from Tuesday, and tweaked something in my neck about 2km in. Decided that there was no way I was going to be able to do a climbing exercise routine so I better make the most of the run and kept running for another 6km at a crimpled pace.

Yesterday I went to the Chiropractor. Got my neck moving again, though it’s still a little sore today. Went for another run but decided that an upper body workout wasn’t in my best interest.

This week has been a bit of a mess for me. This weekend is calling for a lot of rain, but hopefully I'll still get out climbing.

I am hoping to get some bulbs planted. ("Some" means about 200)

Baby monkey has her first meet of the season.

My students invited me for dinner to mark the end of the class. (more food intake!)

I don't think there would be that much climbing...

snoopy138

Oct 18, 2013, 5:43 PM
Post #101183 of 105309 (6203 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Food intake maybe?

This weekend is calling for a lot of red rocks.

Not sure what teh plan is, as far as rowts. We're not doing lev 29 as a grupe of 3, since hamik bailed off to yosemite the moment it was open. so, maybe lev 29, maybe nightcrawler up on brownstone wall, maybe something else.

caughtinside

Oct 18, 2013, 6:59 PM
Post #101184 of 105309 (6189 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] Well, it could have happened that way? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
It's tru, way back when, I was kinda a womanizer. And sure, I told sum stories... to keep teh game going. But at least I always tried to keep teh stories believable.

But this won... it take teh cake.

So, we has this local guy, probibly a decent climber, though I have never actually seen him climb, sure has put in a lot ov bolts though. Really nice guy

Anyways, so teh dude disappears for 3 days and when he returns, he is awl beat up. Recently divorced and has teh girlfriend he lives with that is half his age...

Teh gf, of course wunts to noes where he has been and why is he awl beat up.

So this iz whut he cums up with....

'He wus walking down teh street and sees a young girl crossing teh street and also sees a motorcycle bearing down on her. So he runs into teh street and manages to push teh girl clear ov teh oncumming motorcycle but in teh process is t-boned by teh motorcycle. He is hauled away from teh scene by ambulance and takin to a hospital.

Why didn't you call me, I was pretty worried, she asks.

Well, when I was hit I was knocked out and when I came to I had amnesia for teh past three days, so I didn't know who to have them call.

Couldn't they have just looked in yore wallet to find owt who you were and then call me, she asks.

Well, as it turns owt, when I wus hit by teh motorcycle while saving teh young girls life, my wallet was thrown clear ov teh accident and never recovered.'

So, there wus several ov us standing around listening to this fantastic story. And at teh end ov the story, everywon wus silent with jaws dropped....

I looked around at everywon and strate fased said 'Well, it could have happened that way?'

More stunned silence from teh crowd.... and Will speaks up, very seriously. Why couldn't they have just takin his fingerprints and found owt who he was that way?

I looked over at Will, shook my hed and said... WHY? Why do ewe has to hate on Superheros? He saved teh young girls life!

LOLz. That is amazing. There is only one guy in Sokat who would think that is a remotely believable tale.

caughtinside

Oct 18, 2013, 7:02 PM
Post #101185 of 105309 (6184 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I think I just did ev, and some stinky 10d warmup

yeah, the latter was probibly a mistake. EV is teh warmup.

It wus our forth day on and we needed sumthin easier than EV to warm up on.

That's my excuse.

I still get a little misty eyed when I think of the monumental success of the Onsight Victory Tour.

snoopy138

Oct 18, 2013, 7:19 PM
Post #101186 of 105309 (6173 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

That's my excuse.

I still get a little misty eyed when I think of the monumental success of the Onsight Victory Tour.

when are ewe going to fire teh sic gnar?

tripperjm

Oct 18, 2013, 7:30 PM
Post #101187 of 105309 (6170 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Whoo! I love soft colrado grades, I was onsighting tens!

Nice werk!

Other than half-day of bouldering at Horsetooth Reservoir (which didn't feel particularly soft, but it may have had something to do with the fact that it was the 4th day of climbing in a row at the end of two-week trip, and in 95F temps) I still have not climbed anywhere in Colorado.

Need to remedy this sometime!

Gerk trip to Rifle next summer?

I wood be in
yay!

Unlike sum ov these other gerkz, I've awlways known I kin depend on ewe.

tripperjm

Oct 18, 2013, 7:38 PM
Post #101188 of 105309 (6169 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] Well, it could have happened that way? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
It's tru, way back when, I was kinda a womanizer. And sure, I told sum stories... to keep teh game going. But at least I always tried to keep teh stories believable.

So, we has this local guy, probibly a decent climber, though I have never actually seen him climb

I've seen him climb 5.11.

Well given his long list ov acsentz... I wood hope he cood climb 5.11. After awl, he managed to send a won four bee back in teh 90's, that Randy, Boone and other coodn't touch. Dude is a superhero I tell ewe.

tripperjm

Oct 18, 2013, 7:43 PM
Post #101189 of 105309 (6167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
curt wrote:
epoch wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
macherry wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
I just looked at the front page and every post was spam....

This site sure has gone into the shitter.

This is tru.

Online forums need semi regular upgrades to keep up with spam technology. Apparently RC.com has been totally abandoned by it's overloads.

edge posted up in feedback that it was sold again, and no one seems to be in charge.

tons of spam this am

Sort of, but not exactly...

The front line of defense against spammers is the mods, and a number of them have walked away from their posts. It's hard to blame them, when the overlords have abandoned them, and it's only the overlords who have the power to stop the tide of the spambots. But the overlords don't really care a whit about this site.

The current owners of the company are a megacorporation (Name Media) that owns and sells internet domains. Even if the ad revenue from this site dropped to zero, it probably wouldn't be a blip on their radar.

They have owned the company for quite a while now, but they leased it for several years to D4D media, who ran it. D4D gave up this spring and did not renew their lease. So rc.com is a rudderless ship, and the few remaining mods (including Lena) are doing their best by sticking their hands in the water and paddling as hard as they can.

GO

i thought as much.

i was messaging philbox a while back. i don't think he had been around in over a year...and when i was a modz, phil was the head modz.

if i was still wearing the green coat, i wouldn't be that worked up about moding either

The ones with a green coat don't mod either, there's three to four of us who de-spam and that's about it. I couldn't care if jt and curt flame noobs and shit now anyway, it'd create traffic, but they're likely telling awesome one-were stories on the taco now anyway.

No need--all the n00bs have been culled.

Curt

That ^ wus funny

taht doesn't mean he's wanted here.

It's tru, Still, he has been knot wanted here fer a lot longer than those other flies. sides, I trying to get past old shitz when he wus a green shirt, jackboot nazi mod and pissed me oft.

tripperjm

Oct 18, 2013, 7:48 PM
Post #101190 of 105309 (6160 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

Ewe has teh poynt...

I'm so comfused nau.... knot sure weather to give teh shitty belayer a metal fer trying to kill teh sprayer... or to just shoot them both in teh fase.

Probibly best, to just shoot them both in teh fase.

tripperjm

Oct 18, 2013, 7:50 PM
Post #101191 of 105309 (6160 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

A conundrum.

Iz that anything like a riddle?

tripperjm

Oct 18, 2013, 7:53 PM
Post #101192 of 105309 (6160 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

A conundrum.

Are ewe telling me teh clamhed iz also a shitty belayer?

tripperjm

Oct 18, 2013, 7:56 PM
Post #101193 of 105309 (6158 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

Did ewe also save a young girl from being run over by a motercycle?

tripperjm

Oct 18, 2013, 7:57 PM
Post #101194 of 105309 (6158 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] Well, it could have happened that way? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

So, we has this local guy, probibly a decent climber, though I have never actually seen him climb, sure has put in a lot ov bolts though. Really nice guy

Anyways, so teh dude disappears for 3 days and when he returns, he is awl beat up. Recently divorced and has teh girlfriend he lives with that is half his age...

Teh gf, of course wunts to noes where he has been and why is he awl beat up.

So this iz whut he cums up with....

'He wus walking down teh street and sees a young girl crossing teh street and also sees a motorcycle bearing down on her. So he runs into teh street and manages to push teh girl clear ov teh oncumming motorcycle but in teh process is t-boned by teh motorcycle. He is hauled away from teh scene by ambulance and takin to a hospital.

Why didn't you call me, I was pretty worried, she asks.

Well, when I was hit I was knocked out and when I came to I had amnesia for teh past three days, so I didn't know who to have them call.

Couldn't they have just looked in yore wallet to find owt who you were and then call me, she asks.

Well, as it turns owt, when I wus hit by teh motorcycle while saving teh young girls life, my wallet was thrown clear ov teh accident and never recovered.'

So, there wus several ov us standing around listening to this fantastic story. And at teh end ov the story, everywon wus silent with jaws dropped....

I looked around at everywon and strate fased said 'Well, it could have happened that way?'

More stunned silence from teh crowd.... and Will speaks up, very seriously. Why couldn't they have just takin his fingerprints and found owt who he was that way?

I looked over at Will, shook my hed and said... WHY? Why do ewe has to hate on Superheros? He saved teh young girls life!

LOLz. That is amazing. There is only one guy in Sokat who would think that is a remotely believable tale.

I still kan't believe his girlfriend bought teh story.

tripperjm

Oct 18, 2013, 7:59 PM
Post #101195 of 105309 (6158 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

That's my excuse.

Yea those were teh dayz....

Partner camhead

Oct 18, 2013, 8:25 PM
Post #101196 of 105309 (6132 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

A conundrum.

Are ewe telling me teh clamhed iz also a shitty belayer?

Whatevah. I'm a grate catch.

Partner camhead

Oct 18, 2013, 8:29 PM
Post #101197 of 105309 (6130 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gud thymes here. Temps just dropped into full on send mode. Mali regular progress on a couple prodges. More important, tomorrow is bridge day, when base jumpers meat bomb off the bridge for spectators all day. We always avoided it when we were weekenders, but tomorrow I'm gonna tourist the shit outa bridge day.

Thigh is recovering. Took three days off climbing and feel like a gnu man!

caughtinside

Oct 18, 2013, 8:29 PM
Post #101198 of 105309 (6130 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

That's my excuse.

when are ewe going to fire teh sic gnar?

I gotta get back down there one of these days. I wouldn't mind another winter weekday at Riverside either.

caughtinside

Oct 18, 2013, 8:30 PM
Post #101199 of 105309 (6127 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

That's my excuse.

Yea those were teh dayz....

Woo! That's me!!AngelicAngelicAngelic

wearing that shirt today actually.

snoopy138

Oct 18, 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #101200 of 105309 (6106 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

Ewe has teh poynt...

I'm so comfused nau.... knot sure weather to give teh shitty belayer a metal fer trying to kill teh sprayer... or to just shoot them both in teh fase.

Probibly best, to just shoot them both in teh fase.

always best to just sh00tz them in teh fase.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4044 4045 4046 4047 4048 4049 4050 4051 4052 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook