Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4045 4046 4047 4048 4049 4050 4051 4052 4053 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Oct 18, 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #101201 of 105309 (3710 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Gud thymes here. Temps just dropped into full on send mode. Mali regular progress on a couple prodges. More important, tomorrow is bridge day, when base jumpers meat bomb off the bridge for spectators all day. We always avoided it when we were weekenders, but tomorrow I'm gonna tourist the shit outa bridge day.

Thigh is recovering. Took three days off climbing and feel like a gnu man!

feel free to jump, sans chute.

snoopy138

Oct 18, 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #101202 of 105309 (3706 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I think I just did ev, and some stinky 10d warmup

yeah, the latter was probibly a mistake. EV is teh warmup.

It wus our forth day on and we needed sumthin easier than EV to warm up on.

That's my excuse.

I still get a little misty eyed when I think of the monumental success of the Onsight Victory Tour.

when are ewe going to fire teh sic gnar?

I gotta get back down there one of these days. I wouldn't mind another winter weekday at Riverside either.

ewe has to get on teh harder rowts when ewe come down.

it turns owt that teh warmup and sic gnar don't count for a whole lot anymore.

dr_feelgood

Oct 19, 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #101203 of 105309 (3694 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

GG- Check out the Lewis And Clark. Kind of a dive, but google maps says they have micros and fridges. It's also five blocks from our place and pretty close to downtown. Seems like you save $10/night compared to the western heritage.

carabiner96

Oct 19, 2013, 1:29 AM
Post #101204 of 105309 (3685 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Whoo! I love soft colrado grades, I was onsighting tens!

Nice werk!

Other than half-day of bouldering at Horsetooth Reservoir (which didn't feel particularly soft, but it may have had something to do with the fact that it was the 4th day of climbing in a row at the end of two-week trip, and in 95F temps) I still have not climbed anywhere in Colorado.

Need to remedy this sometime!

Gerk trip to Rifle next summer?

I wood be in
yay!

Unlike sum ov these other gerkz, I've awlways known I kin depend on ewe.
It'z coz i'm easily entertained.

carabiner96

Oct 19, 2013, 1:31 AM
Post #101205 of 105309 (3683 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Heading back to the Voo this weekend, would rather go to shelf but oh well. High of 40*, should be...sticky.

granite_grrl

Oct 19, 2013, 2:12 AM
Post #101206 of 105309 (3674 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
GG- Check out the Lewis And Clark. Kind of a dive, but google maps says they have micros and fridges. It's also five blocks from our place and pretty close to downtown. Seems like you save $10/night compared to the western heritage.

Sweet, but keep in mind that Western also give a discount if you're going to the Ice fest.

Irregardless, we all have CAA (which is AAA, but canadianized, so I'll see if we can get some discounts with that).

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2013, 4:57 AM
Post #101207 of 105309 (3662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Heading back to the Voo this weekend, would rather go to shelf but oh well. High of 40*, should be...sticky.

40 and sharp? Have fun bleeding.

dr_feelgood

Oct 19, 2013, 2:36 PM
Post #101208 of 105309 (3648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Sweet, but keep in mind that Western also give a discount if you're going to the Ice fest.

Irregardless, we all have CAA (which is AAA, but canadianized, so I'll see if we can get some discounts with that).

Are you planning on driving in or flying in?

Does the fit have AWD?

lena_chita

Oct 19, 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #101209 of 105309 (3630 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
Got a bit beat up yesterday. Had been climbing three days on, so decided to take a rest day and hike out to the crag to just hang with some friends. Maybe do a bit of mellow tr-ing.

Anyway, joe was in full on adventurneering mode. Did this ugly no star 11d at endless, and it was so traversy and steep that he could not clean it on lower. I figured, what the hell I'll tr clean it. At the second bolt, right after unclipping, ad as I was moving into a right traverse, a foothold broke and I pealed. Joe was slacking on belay, and I took a huge winger, swung right into a tree and full on slammed the trunk with my thigh. Limping now, the muscle may have been hit with a baseball bat, and I can't high step worth a goddamn. Same leg as the LisPaul.

A bit pissed at joe, the guy has never been a super tight belay even when I've yelled at him. Looked at the fall after I lowered off, and there was no fucking excuse for me hitting that tree. Hope the thigh heals quickly. Gargh.

rite behind sprayers i hate shitty belayers next.

even if they're shitty belaying takes owt a known sprayer?
A conundrum.

But what if a shitty belayer is ALSO a sprayer?

Is jack's hate additive, or multiplying?

Are ewe telling me teh clamhed iz also a shitty belayer?

No, just saying that his shitty belayer is also a sprayer.

lena_chita

Oct 19, 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #101210 of 105309 (3629 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Can't figure out why I am so freaking tired this week. Unlike gg, I didn't even get home THAT late. Didn't climb on Tue. Set for the bouldering comp on Wed, so some climbing, but not that much. Climbed some Thursday night, and felt like a was moving through molasses. Feeling sore and beat-up today. Ugh!

Did ewe also save a young girl from being run over by a motercycle?

If I did, it was more pf a Mack truck, not a motorcycle.

granite_grrl

Oct 20, 2013, 1:07 PM
Post #101211 of 105309 (3603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Does the fit have AWD?

I think Flying and renting a car.

dr_feelgood

Oct 20, 2013, 7:01 PM
Post #101212 of 105309 (3585 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Does the fit have AWD?

That makes sense. Some of the rental agencies may not put snow tires on their cars, which could be useful. The road to hyalite is ordinarily maintained pretty well, but if it gets shittered by a storm, it'll take a day. I've rallied up there in 6-10 inches of new snow without too much issue in the taco.

If you do fly, you can mail shit that you don't want to take on the plane but might need. (snowshoes, stoves, etc) My address is in your PM box.

granite_grrl

Oct 20, 2013, 11:17 PM
Post #101213 of 105309 (3574 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Does the fit have AWD?

That makes sense. Some of the rental agencies may not put snow tires on their cars, which could be useful. The road to hyalite is ordinarily maintained pretty well, but if it gets shittered by a storm, it'll take a day. I've rallied up there in 6-10 inches of new snow without too much issue in the taco.

If you do fly, you can mail shit that you don't want to take on the plane but might need. (snowshoes, stoves, etc) My address is in your PM box.

Thanks Doc. I've been pretty busy this weekend so I haven't looked at hotel rooms any more, and Nathan has been away in Wisconsin since last Wednesday so I haven't had a chance to talk stuff over with him.

dr_feelgood

Oct 21, 2013, 1:45 AM
Post #101214 of 105309 (3563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Does the fit have AWD?

Thanks Doc. I've been pretty busy this weekend so I haven't looked at hotel rooms any more, and Nathan has been away in Wisconsin since last Wednesday so I haven't had a chance to talk stuff over with him.

I should probably define "without too much issue" as involving shovels, pine boughs, a come-a-long and a towstrap.

granite_grrl

Oct 21, 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #101215 of 105309 (3539 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news: did a hang board session last night in the first time for a while. My rock scaling from this past season has really improved my hangboarding.

granite_grrl

Oct 21, 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #101216 of 105309 (3539 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In other other news: we have a guy from France here to look at one of our machines who barely understands english. I may have to break out my poor French to deal with this, but I kinda hope I don't have to.

lena_chita

Oct 21, 2013, 1:41 PM
Post #101217 of 105309 (3527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Does the fit have AWD?

I should probably define "without too much issue" as involving shovels, pine boughs, a come-a-long and a towstrap.

So thoghtful of you to clarify. Tongue

lena_chita

Oct 21, 2013, 1:43 PM
Post #101218 of 105309 (3526 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
In other news: did a hang board session last night in the first time for a while. My rock scaling from this past season has really improved my hangboarding.

Nice. I think camhead is trying the same approach this season.

lena_chita

Oct 21, 2013, 1:44 PM
Post #101219 of 105309 (3525 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news, it is amazing what you can do when you tell yourself that it is now or never. 250 bulbs planted on Friday evening, right before the rain started.

Partner camhead

Oct 21, 2013, 2:24 PM
Post #101220 of 105309 (3511 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

We'll see. I hate to complain, but doing nothing but climb outside presents some challenges to training. It's definitely harder to isolate specific issues of power and strength just by climbing different routes outside (general endurance is pretty easy to keep up on, just run laps on Apollo or Lactic or something). I'm finding that the key is to not just project one thing, and keep a diverse line-up of projects AND dialed lines that you get on in regular rotation.

Bridge Day was fun, but this weakend was a blur of exhaustion. Saturday the bridge was closed for the festivities, so I walked the 3 miles from camp to town, ran into the crüe, turned around and walked back across the bridge. Mass amounts of rednecks, fat people, vendors, etc. The Marines had a booth with a pullup bar, and evidently I was the only climber to compete in their pullup contest, because I set the day's record with only 21. I probably could have done more, but stopped in the middle to showboat by doing a front lever, then a one-armed lockoff to get the crowd pumped up with my other hand (this is where the pegbored champ would have beat me). But i still won, and got a free USMC tshirt for mah gloriez. Had to work at the SSS all that night, and we got so slammed that the boss just opened up bottomless Leviathan pints for all of us. Pretty buzzed by the end of the night.

Yesterday was piss cold, but Joe managed to get me to head out to the prodge at Kaymor, even though it is in the shade all day. My whole body was an ice-sickle, but the rock was pretty crisp. Managed to get the rig down to a solid one-hang, which I am incredibly psyched about. Not sure if I'll get warm enough temps in the rest of this season to fire it, though. Joe sent Slash and Burn because of course he did. Also saw Ed and a few other Clevelanders at the carg, Ed got Tony the Tiger, was pretty psyched about that.

That is awl. Doing a big ol' bbq at the campground tomorrow night; I'm going to do nothing tomorrow but man a big fricking fire and play guitar all day.

lena_chita

Oct 21, 2013, 2:41 PM
Post #101221 of 105309 (3503 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

We'll see. I hate to complain, but doing nothing but climb outside presents some challenges to training. It's definitely harder to isolate specific issues of power and strength just by climbing different routes outside (general endurance is pretty easy to keep up on, just run laps on Apollo or Lactic or something). I'm finding that the key is to not just project one thing, and keep a diverse line-up of projects AND dialed lines that you get on in regular rotation.

Bridge Day was fun, but this weakend was a blur of exhaustion. Saturday the bridge was closed for the festivities, so I walked the 3 miles from camp to town, ran into the crüe, turned around and walked back across the bridge. Mass amounts of rednecks, fat people, vendors, etc. The Marines had a booth with a pullup bar, and evidently I was the only climber to compete in their pullup contest, because I set the day's record with only 21. I probably could have done more, but stopped in the middle to showboat by doing a front lever, then a one-armed lockoff to get the crowd pumped up with my other hand (this is where the pegbored champ would have beat me). But i still won, and got a free USMC tshirt for mah gloriez. Had to work at the SSS all that night, and we got so slammed that the boss just opened up bottomless Leviathan pints for all of us. Pretty buzzed by the end of the night.

Yesterday was piss cold, but Joe managed to get me to head out to the prodge at Kaymor, even though it is in the shade all day. My whole body was an ice-sickle, but the rock was pretty crisp. Managed to get the rig down to a solid one-hang, which I am incredibly psyched about. Not sure if I'll get warm enough temps in the rest of this season to fire it, though. Joe sent Slash and Burn because of course he did. Also saw Ed and a few other Clevelanders at the carg, Ed got Tony the Tiger, was pretty psyched about that.

That is awl. Doing a big ol' bbq at the campground tomorrow night; I'm going to do nothing tomorrow but man a big fricking fire and play guitar all day.

Guitar, not mandoline?

I am mad enough about your complaining about full-time climbing (I just finished whining to Banz about how much it sucks not to be able to climb much... he just sent 2 more one-three's, btw) to be tempted to tell you that yes, your project will be frozen now until April.

Unfortunately, the truthful me has to admit that it is very likely that you will see another spike in temps before Mr. Winter settles in.

snoopy138

Oct 21, 2013, 4:36 PM
Post #101222 of 105309 (3485 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

that's really the whole point of getting owt and climbing rocks.

granite_grrl

Oct 21, 2013, 5:30 PM
Post #101223 of 105309 (3468 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I no. I am pleased to see that I'm getting some benefit from this whole rock climbing thing.

lena_chita

Oct 21, 2013, 5:47 PM
Post #101224 of 105309 (3460 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I no. I am pleased to see that I'm getting some benefit from this whole rock climbing thing.

Rock climbing really makes you appreciate the hangboard so much more! Nothing breaks when you hang bored, and you know exactly what you are grabbing. And it takes a lot less time to do than this whole driving to freaking KY thing.

granite_grrl

Oct 21, 2013, 7:10 PM
Post #101225 of 105309 (3446 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Does the fit have AWD?

I'm only now realizing the scale of the area we're looking at. So, it's about an hour from town every day, which sucks a bit, but still less driving than our trip to Alberta last year.

There's Hyalite, but what other areas should I look up? I need to order the book, can get it for $20 from Wolverine (Winter Dance). Shipping to Canada is ~$17 so we'll get it send to Nathan's Mom's and he can pick it up in November when he goes to visit his Dad again.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4045 4046 4047 4048 4049 4050 4051 4052 4053 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook