RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

antleo

Oct 3, 2013, 2:42 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1374 views)
Shortcut

Climbing store around ballston Spa/Burnt Hills/Clifton Park/albany NY
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, so I'm looking into getting my own gear! However, I do not know of any place within the general area of Ballston Spa(or anywhere else said in the title) I know there is ems sports but do they really have a whole lot? I'm mainly looking to go try on shoes. If they don't have anything else I can deal with that, but shoes are what I need at the moment.

Also, sort of related but not needed for a bit of time yet, is there any sport climbing locations around the same area? Further works too, but somewhere around this area?

Thanks for any help!

ChaChaHeels

Oct 22, 2013, 3:07 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1149 views)
Shortcut

Re: [antleo] Climbing store around ballston Spa/Burnt Hills/Clifton Park/albany NY [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've been to the Stuyvesant plaza EMS store on Western Ave in Albany and would recommend them. They had a very good assortment of climbing shoes. Can't think of another store in the area that has any climbing gear. The sales lady who helped me was a climber too--that's what you get at EMS--people who work in the store tend to actually do the sports they sell gear for. If you havn't found them already, go indoor climbing at The Edge on Rt 9 in Halfmoon. Ask the staff if there's anything close by outdoors for a beginner to climb. Since you'll need partners anyway, may as well see if there's a climbing meetup group in the area. I just visit family in that area and go to the Edge when I can...hope this helpsAngelic

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook