Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

edge

Oct 30, 2013, 2:59 PM
Post #44126 of 45342 (6074 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
just got back from a quick trip to the US. visited family in Maine for two days and went to CO for a few days for a wedding in Estes Park. Was a good wedding and the dude has a seriously awesome family. mega kudos to them.

now tired and trying get ready for the next portuguese semester and possible work opportunities here, too. anyone know any work-from-home opps out there?

How was getting into Estes Park? We are heading to CO next weekend. I heard a couple of teh roads up to Estes are still closed but one is open.. could be old info though

Apparently there is only one road open into Estes Park (through Boulder). We got there just fine. I'd check with your accommodations, though. Some hotels are in a no-flush zone still. The wedding had to be completely rearranged as a result of this. But the park is open. Not everything is open for driving, but we went in a few times with no problems.

Awesome!

yeah we are staying in boulder, and it looks like our hotel is ok... was hoping to check out the park if even in a limited fashion, so I'm glad to hear you were able to go in Smile

New Boulderite here. Heh.

From Boulder you head up Boulder Canyon to Nederland, then take the Peak to Peak highway into Estes. Just a bit over an hour, but a gorgeous ride. Boulder Canyon and a lot of the Flatirons are open to climbing, as is Lumpy Ridge , but Eldo is closed. For Sport, Golden & Clear Creek is only 45 minutes.

How long are you in town? And git off ma lawn!!! Mad

Not long, flying in Friday night (Nov 1) and leaving Sunday night. Mostly the plan is to just explore and see if it's anything we might even consider. If we really like the area, we will probably plan a longer trip later on

Everyone seems to think that Golden is a better town to live in. Well located and not nearly as pretentious.

Golden was nice; we stayed there for 2 weeks in the RV right on Clear Creek about 2 blocks from downtown. The vibe was a bit young and raucous for us, being a college town, but the biking and hiking trail system is top notch. The local climbing tends more toward sp0rt, and is not nearly as classic or varied as Boulder.

And Boulder isn't pretentious, it's just the best damned cultural, climbing, and economic place to live in the US, you third world dwelling Neanderthal. Mad

but what about hipsters? I just don't know about my ability to tolerate hipsters..

I do wish the boulder area was cheaper, but being from Southern California, it isn't that much of a shock.

They don't seem to mind me.

the hipster argument doesn't hold water

i've actually heard hipsters say they don't want to live where there are too many hipsters.

go figure

Hipsters are like farts; you don't mind smelling your own, but others are disgusting.

Partner macherry

Oct 30, 2013, 3:46 PM
Post #44127 of 45342 (6064 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

that is correct

erisspirit

Oct 30, 2013, 4:10 PM
Post #44128 of 45342 (6061 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
In other news I ran a 50K yesterday...

it was long...

50 whole Ks

Then I drank a lot of beer and felt better.

wooo! congrats. wooo!

wait, isn't 50k a marathon?

Close

a 50K is about 31 miles and a marathon is a little over 26

erisspirit

Oct 30, 2013, 4:11 PM
Post #44129 of 45342 (6057 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
just got back from a quick trip to the US. visited family in Maine for two days and went to CO for a few days for a wedding in Estes Park. Was a good wedding and the dude has a seriously awesome family. mega kudos to them.

now tired and trying get ready for the next portuguese semester and possible work opportunities here, too. anyone know any work-from-home opps out there?

How was getting into Estes Park? We are heading to CO next weekend. I heard a couple of teh roads up to Estes are still closed but one is open.. could be old info though

Apparently there is only one road open into Estes Park (through Boulder). We got there just fine. I'd check with your accommodations, though. Some hotels are in a no-flush zone still. The wedding had to be completely rearranged as a result of this. But the park is open. Not everything is open for driving, but we went in a few times with no problems.

Awesome!

yeah we are staying in boulder, and it looks like our hotel is ok... was hoping to check out the park if even in a limited fashion, so I'm glad to hear you were able to go in Smile

From Boulder you head up Boulder Canyon to Nederland, then take the Peak to Peak highway into Estes. Just a bit over an hour, but a gorgeous ride. Boulder Canyon and a lot of the Flatirons are open to climbing, as is Lumpy Ridge , but Eldo is closed. For Sport, Golden & Clear Creek is only 45 minutes.

Not long, flying in Friday night (Nov 1) and leaving Sunday night. Mostly the plan is to just explore and see if it's anything we might even consider. If we really like the area, we will probably plan a longer trip later on

Everyone seems to think that Golden is a better town to live in. Well located and not nearly as pretentious.

Golden was nice; we stayed there for 2 weeks in the RV right on Clear Creek about 2 blocks from downtown. The vibe was a bit young and raucous for us, being a college town, but the biking and hiking trail system is top notch. The local climbing tends more toward sp0rt, and is not nearly as classic or varied as Boulder.

And Boulder isn't pretentious, it's just the best damned cultural, climbing, and economic place to live in the US, you third world dwelling Neanderthal. Mad

but what about hipsters? I just don't know about my ability to tolerate hipsters..

I do wish the boulder area was cheaper, but being from Southern California, it isn't that much of a shock.

i've actually heard hipsters say they don't want to live where there are too many hipsters.

go figure

Hipsters are like farts; you don't mind smelling your own, but others are disgusting.

Sounds about right

erisspirit

Oct 30, 2013, 4:12 PM
Post #44130 of 45342 (6057 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Awesome!

go figure

They liked it before it was cool

Gmburns2000

Oct 30, 2013, 4:46 PM
Post #44131 of 45342 (6041 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Awesome!

go figure

It actually makes sense. A hipster can't exist if everyone is a hipster. That's why they deny non-hipsters hipster status.

Partner epoch

Oct 30, 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #44132 of 45342 (6021 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Awesome!

go figure

They liked it before it was cool
It must really annoy hipsters to know that they are all the same.

Partner macherry

Oct 31, 2013, 2:43 PM
Post #44133 of 45342 (6001 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

new overlords.

should be interesting

Gmburns2000

Nov 1, 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #44134 of 45342 (5988 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
new overlords.

should be interesting

Pick me! Pick me!

wait, is that what you're saying?

Gmburns2000

Nov 1, 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #44135 of 45342 (5987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So the life just got crazier. interviewed today for a teaching job that could bring in about 17.5 hours per week. interviewing for another one on monday that could bring in I-have-no-clue how many hours. also got some interest from an art supply internet site that may be looking for work-from-home chat support. then add private clients and the possible translation to portuguese classes and...

poof! portuguese classes could be disappearing soon. if it all works out, i could be looking at 70+ hours per week. need the cash. willing to do it for a few months.

Gmburns2000

Nov 5, 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #44136 of 45342 (5945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice to see Angry post again, I hope he and his humor return. Gonna leave it at that.

edge

Nov 6, 2013, 3:36 AM
Post #44137 of 45342 (5933 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

You're going where now????
Good gravey you get around.

We are heading out to boulder for the weekend to see what it's like. We are a bit interested in maybe living somewhere a little closer to nice mountains, and are curious if the land of fit hipsters is really the promised land they all tell me it is Tongue

Mostly we could live near mountains and still have good jobs (maybe even the same jobs, as mine has an office in Broomfield, CO)

just in general looking around to see if there is a place we like more than where we are now

Soooooo, HOW WAS IT ???

The wife and I went out for dinner and a movie Saturday night but I didn't see you around. Of course it would have helped if I knew what you look like, I was keeping my eye out for a fire breather.

edge

Nov 6, 2013, 3:40 AM
Post #44138 of 45342 (5931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Speaking of the wife, she signed us both up for her company Christmas party. Dinner with bankers, woo! And the entertainment for the night? Third Eye Blind, for realz yo. Not sure what to think about that.

edge

Nov 6, 2013, 3:43 AM
Post #44139 of 45342 (5929 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Speaking of not sure what to think about things, WTF is going on in the new owner thread on the main page? The last day of Aric posting makes me want to leave and not come back, but I'm sure Marge would have something to say about that.

edge

Nov 6, 2013, 3:44 AM
Post #44140 of 45342 (5922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Speaking of not sure what to think about things, WTF is going on in the new owner thread on the main page? The last day of Aric posting makes me want to leave and not come back, but I'm sure Marge would have something to say about that.

They always come back.

Partner macherry

Nov 6, 2013, 4:07 AM
Post #44141 of 45342 (5914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
edge wrote:

They always come back.

damn straight

god that thread got messy fast

Partner macherry

Nov 6, 2013, 4:07 AM
Post #44142 of 45342 (5913 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Speaking of the wife, she signed us both up for her company Christmas party. Dinner with bankers, woo! And the entertainment for the night? Third Eye Blind, for realz yo. Not sure what to think about that.

have fun with that

edge

Nov 6, 2013, 4:11 AM
Post #44143 of 45342 (5912 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:

have fun with that

Karol was told that last year they had the B52s, and all of the young employees hated them and had no idea who they were. WTF?

Partner epoch

Nov 6, 2013, 4:21 AM
Post #44144 of 45342 (5900 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

I cleaned it up a bit. Been following on my phone and have a history of fat-fingering things on the phone when it comes to big stuff like that. Should be cleaner now.

Partner epoch

Nov 6, 2013, 4:21 AM
Post #44145 of 45342 (5899 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:

have fun with that

Karol was told that last year they had the B52s, and all of the young employees hated them and had no idea who they were. WTF?
Buahahahaha you're a sucker.....

adatesman

Nov 6, 2013, 5:27 AM
Post #44146 of 45342 (5875 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

Guess this is why we're no longer FB friends? What a way to find out.... Frown

curt

Nov 6, 2013, 5:52 AM
Post #44147 of 45342 (5863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

Eh, Aric's only here until something else rubs him the wrong way. Then he'll once again stomp his feet, cry like a little girl and take all his marbles home.

No offense meant, by association, to any little girls.

Curt

adatesman

Nov 6, 2013, 5:56 AM
Post #44148 of 45342 (5859 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
edge wrote:

Eh, Aric's only here until something else rubs him the wrong way. Then he'll once again stomp his feet, cry like a little girl and take all his marbles home.

Curt

Stay classy, Curt.

curt

Nov 6, 2013, 6:31 AM
Post #44149 of 45342 (5847 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adatesman] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

adatesman wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:

Curt

Stay classy, Curt.

Classy? Is that what you call whining like a little bitch and then deleting all of your content when former RC.com management didn't agree with you? Yeah, that's real classy.

Curt

adatesman

Nov 6, 2013, 7:02 AM
Post #44150 of 45342 (5836 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
adatesman wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:

Curt

Stay classy, Curt.

Classy? Is that what you call whining like a little bitch and then deleting all of your content when former RC.com management didn't agree with you? Yeah, that's real classy.

Curt

Yawn. Got anything else? Please, let it all out. How do you really feel about me personally. Tell me everything there is to know about why you seem to dislike me so much and how it justified this amount of vitriol. Limited time offer.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook