Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 ... 1803 Next page Last page  View All


curt


Nov 11, 2013, 8:13 PM
Post #44201 of 45068 (1874 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18229

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
I bet half of those homeless people crank 5.13 on their off days.

I think the idea of Golden is that it's still close and you don't need a trust fund to live there.


this iz probably tru

haha A buddy last night was trying to convince me to move to Salt Lake city instead...

The Mormon towns on the Wasatch Front were some of my least favorite places of our entire roadtrip. Gorgeous scenery and mountains, but a totally weird vibe; I could never live there.

whats the weird vibe.

never spent much time in utah. did the drive through to go climbing in nevada.

It felt like I was in the movie "The Stepford Wives," or maybe "1984." I dunno, it was just a pervasive weirdness in my energy field, mang.

ugh

Well, times are changing. While most of the towns surrounding SLC are indeed heavily conservative, SLC itself has become quite cosmopolitan and, in fact, votes mostly Democratic these days. All SLC mayors since 1976 have been Democrats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...rs_of_Salt_Lake_City

Additionally, Jim Mattheson who represents Salt Lake City in the U.S. Congress's 4th District (although a Mormon) is also a Democrat. It's also not any problem finding hard liquor, wine or regular beer in Utah these days.

Curt


erisspirit


Nov 12, 2013, 10:27 AM
Post #44202 of 45068 (1854 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3757

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
I bet half of those homeless people crank 5.13 on their off days.

I think the idea of Golden is that it's still close and you don't need a trust fund to live there.


this iz probably tru

haha A buddy last night was trying to convince me to move to Salt Lake city instead...

The Mormon towns on the Wasatch Front were some of my least favorite places of our entire roadtrip. Gorgeous scenery and mountains, but a totally weird vibe; I could never live there.


That's kind of what I got out of my one visit... and coming from a town with an oddly high Mormon population for not being Utah, I don't know if that's the vibe I would want...

I don't mind religion or anything, but in any conservative religion, I have always found a good number of people do indeed judge as I'm drinking my beer, using foul language, and making dirty jokes. I was raised Catholic, and had Catholics call me a heathen while I was still practicing :P

and I'm pretty sure If I was in Utah when I let out a giant F-bomb in babies R Us I would have been escorted out of the state. (BTW I'm going to make an awesome parent Crazy )


erisspirit


Nov 12, 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #44203 of 45068 (1850 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3757

Re: [curt] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
I bet half of those homeless people crank 5.13 on their off days.

I think the idea of Golden is that it's still close and you don't need a trust fund to live there.


this iz probably tru

haha A buddy last night was trying to convince me to move to Salt Lake city instead...

The Mormon towns on the Wasatch Front were some of my least favorite places of our entire roadtrip. Gorgeous scenery and mountains, but a totally weird vibe; I could never live there.

whats the weird vibe.

never spent much time in utah. did the drive through to go climbing in nevada.

It felt like I was in the movie "The Stepford Wives," or maybe "1984." I dunno, it was just a pervasive weirdness in my energy field, mang.

ugh

Well, times are changing. While most of the towns surrounding SLC are indeed heavily conservative, SLC itself has become quite cosmopolitan and, in fact, votes mostly Democratic these days. All SLC mayors since 1976 have been Democrats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...rs_of_Salt_Lake_City

Additionally, Jim Mattheson who represents Salt Lake City in the U.S. Congress's 4th District (although a Mormon) is also a Democrat. It's also not any problem finding hard liquor, wine or regular beer in Utah these days.

Curt

good to know...

admittedly I visited probably 6 years ago... and was stuck in the city with a bunch of super modified car racers, so it was probably a pretty skewed experience Tongue

If I moved there it would be like going back to high school...but with lots of babies. Everyone left for either SLC or provo, and are still there


Kartessa


Nov 14, 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #44204 of 45068 (1835 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...


curt


Nov 15, 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #44205 of 45068 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18229

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt


Gmburns2000


Nov 15, 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #44206 of 45068 (1802 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15128

Re: [curt] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


Partner macherry


Nov 15, 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #44207 of 45068 (1794 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15795

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


i hate you all


edge


Nov 15, 2013, 4:45 PM
Post #44208 of 45068 (1776 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9094

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


i hate you all

Best of both worlds here.

70s and windless all week, but we have gotten a total of 8" of snow in 3 storms so far , all of which melts in a couple days at home (7250') and sooner in town. Eldora is already open for skiing and just 50 minutes drive away; it will be much closer soon when they repair the road from my house to the Peak to Peak Hwy from the flood damage.

I need to get out climbing soon. Meg is visiting for the weekend so maybe Sunday. Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we are all going out for dinner and painting the town red. Maybe paint a few hipsters fuscia while we're at it.


edge


Nov 15, 2013, 4:49 PM
Post #44209 of 45068 (1773 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9094

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The new owner thread has really devolved in true RC fashion. Exploding cars, anonymous smack downs, all we need now is, well , I dunno what. Maybe some Enigma?


Partner macherry


Nov 15, 2013, 5:17 PM
Post #44210 of 45068 (1761 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15795

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


i hate you all

Best of both worlds here.

70s and windless all week, but we have gotten a total of 8" of snow in 3 storms so far , all of which melts in a couple days at home (7250') and sooner in town. Eldora is already open for skiing and just 50 minutes drive away; it will be much closer soon when they repair the road from my house to the Peak to Peak Hwy from the flood damage.

I need to get out climbing soon. Meg is visiting for the weekend so maybe Sunday. Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we are all going out for dinner and painting the town red. Maybe paint a few hipsters fuscia while we're at it.

can't wait to get back up to canuckitstan. right now i'm in cold and windy...but too warm for snow.

good news though. got a gig this winter teaching yoga at the local rec centre. super stoked.


Partner macherry


Nov 15, 2013, 5:18 PM
Post #44211 of 45068 (1760 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15795

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
The new owner thread has really devolved in true RC fashion. Exploding cars, anonymous smack downs, all we need now is, well , I dunno what. Maybe some Enigma?


if only enigma would show up.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Nov 15, 2013, 7:55 PM
Post #44212 of 45068 (1743 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32067

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
The new owner thread has really devolved in true RC fashion. Exploding cars, anonymous smack downs, all we need now is, well , I dunno what. Maybe some Enigma?


if only enigma would show up.
Be careful, a vanity search may give you what you ask for.


edge


Nov 15, 2013, 8:06 PM
Post #44213 of 45068 (1741 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9094

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
The new owner thread has really devolved in true RC fashion. Exploding cars, anonymous smack downs, all we need now is, well , I dunno what. Maybe some Enigma?


if only enigma would show up.
Be careful, a vanity search may give you what you ask for.

Except I personally banned Enigma and three subsequent accounts; it got so that I could recognize her own special brand of kuckoo after a single post. She always posted from the same IP, so I eventually blocked that too.


Partner macherry


Nov 15, 2013, 8:52 PM
Post #44214 of 45068 (1729 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15795

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
The new owner thread has really devolved in true RC fashion. Exploding cars, anonymous smack downs, all we need now is, well , I dunno what. Maybe some Enigma?


if only enigma would show up.
Be careful, a vanity search may give you what you ask for.


if only i cared.


Kartessa


Nov 15, 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #44215 of 45068 (1718 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


i hate you all

I would kill for west-coast climate... We can trade, you come to "Onterrible"


curt


Nov 16, 2013, 8:39 AM
Post #44216 of 45068 (1703 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18229

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


i hate you all

I would kill for west-coast climate... We can trade, you come to "Onterrible"

Hmm. 72 and partly cloudy here today with 73 and sunny forecast for tomorrow...

Curt


Gmburns2000


Nov 16, 2013, 9:33 AM
Post #44217 of 45068 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15128

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


i hate you all

Best of both worlds here.

70s and windless all week, but we have gotten a total of 8" of snow in 3 storms so far , all of which melts in a couple days at home (7250') and sooner in town. Eldora is already open for skiing and just 50 minutes drive away; it will be much closer soon when they repair the road from my house to the Peak to Peak Hwy from the flood damage.

I need to get out climbing soon. Meg is visiting for the weekend so maybe Sunday. Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we are all going out for dinner and painting the town red. Maybe paint a few hipsters fuscia while we're at it.

can't wait to get back up to canuckitstan. right now i'm in cold and windy...but too warm for snow.

good news though. got a gig this winter teaching yoga at the local rec centre. super stoked.

woohoo! congrats on not being a slacker anymore. Cool

upper 70s here with a slight breeze out of the northeast (that's good in south america)


Gmburns2000


Nov 16, 2013, 9:37 AM
Post #44218 of 45068 (1701 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15128

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
The new owner thread has really devolved in true RC fashion. Exploding cars, anonymous smack downs, all we need now is, well , I dunno what. Maybe some Enigma?

Which is why the answer regarding if the new owner will change things is...it depends.


curt


Nov 16, 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #44219 of 45068 (1690 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18229

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
The new owner thread has really devolved in true RC fashion. Exploding cars, anonymous smack downs, all we need now is, well , I dunno what. Maybe some Enigma?

Which is why the answer regarding if the new owner will change things is...it depends.

Did you just say changing depends? Cool

Curt


Gmburns2000


Nov 16, 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #44220 of 45068 (1682 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15128

Re: [curt] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
The new owner thread has really devolved in true RC fashion. Exploding cars, anonymous smack downs, all we need now is, well , I dunno what. Maybe some Enigma?

Which is why the answer regarding if the new owner will change things is...it depends.

Did you just say changing depends? Cool

Curt

I've always been known as an old man, this news is nothing new. Laugh


Partner macherry


Nov 16, 2013, 1:44 PM
Post #44221 of 45068 (1666 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15795

Re: [curt] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
The new owner thread has really devolved in true RC fashion. Exploding cars, anonymous smack downs, all we need now is, well , I dunno what. Maybe some Enigma?

Which is why the answer regarding if the new owner will change things is...it depends.

Did you just say changing depends? Cool

Curt


only curt would reference old man diaper products!Tongue


Partner macherry


Nov 16, 2013, 1:45 PM
Post #44222 of 45068 (1665 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15795

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


i hate you all

Best of both worlds here.

70s and windless all week, but we have gotten a total of 8" of snow in 3 storms so far , all of which melts in a couple days at home (7250') and sooner in town. Eldora is already open for skiing and just 50 minutes drive away; it will be much closer soon when they repair the road from my house to the Peak to Peak Hwy from the flood damage.

I need to get out climbing soon. Meg is visiting for the weekend so maybe Sunday. Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we are all going out for dinner and painting the town red. Maybe paint a few hipsters fuscia while we're at it.

can't wait to get back up to canuckitstan. right now i'm in cold and windy...but too warm for snow.

good news though. got a gig this winter teaching yoga at the local rec centre. super stoked.

woohoo! congrats on not being a slacker anymore. Cool

upper 70s here with a slight breeze out of the northeast (that's good in south america)

i've based my whole life on living in slackerville. two yoga classes a week is not going to change things. throw in some ski instruction too...........which changes nothing


edge


Nov 16, 2013, 2:08 PM
Post #44223 of 45068 (1656 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9094

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


i hate you all

Best of both worlds here.

70s and windless all week, but we have gotten a total of 8" of snow in 3 storms so far , all of which melts in a couple days at home (7250') and sooner in town. Eldora is already open for skiing and just 50 minutes drive away; it will be much closer soon when they repair the road from my house to the Peak to Peak Hwy from the flood damage.

I need to get out climbing soon. Meg is visiting for the weekend so maybe Sunday. Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we are all going out for dinner and painting the town red. Maybe paint a few hipsters fuscia while we're at it.

can't wait to get back up to canuckitstan. right now i'm in cold and windy...but too warm for snow.

good news though. got a gig this winter teaching yoga at the local rec centre. super stoked.

woohoo! congrats on not being a slacker anymore. Cool

upper 70s here with a slight breeze out of the northeast (that's good in south america)

i've based my whole life on living in slackerville. two yoga classes a week is not going to change things. throw in some ski instruction too...........which changes nothing

BUT WILL IT EFFECT YOUR PC++????


Gmburns2000


Nov 16, 2013, 2:16 PM
Post #44224 of 45068 (1651 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15128

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you totally forgot to buy your wife a gift didn't you? You plucked all of those wind chime objects off the camper from when you backed it into a bird's nest in a tree in NH didn't you? You know I'm right.


Gmburns2000


Nov 16, 2013, 2:16 PM
Post #44225 of 45068 (1650 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15128

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
10 page, dead horse whipping, shit show threads would be my first choice though. I hope this place never changes!

Winter is coming...

Thank God. It's finally decent climbing weather Cool

Curt

lower 80s here and looking up the next several months. just waiting for the lady to finish her phd so we can hit the beach. Cool


i hate you all

Best of both worlds here.

70s and windless all week, but we have gotten a total of 8" of snow in 3 storms so far , all of which melts in a couple days at home (7250') and sooner in town. Eldora is already open for skiing and just 50 minutes drive away; it will be much closer soon when they repair the road from my house to the Peak to Peak Hwy from the flood damage.

I need to get out climbing soon. Meg is visiting for the weekend so maybe Sunday. Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we are all going out for dinner and painting the town red. Maybe paint a few hipsters fuscia while we're at it.

can't wait to get back up to canuckitstan. right now i'm in cold and windy...but too warm for snow.

good news though. got a gig this winter teaching yoga at the local rec centre. super stoked.

woohoo! congrats on not being a slacker anymore. Cool

upper 70s here with a slight breeze out of the northeast (that's good in south america)

i've based my whole life on living in slackerville. two yoga classes a week is not going to change things. throw in some ski instruction too...........which changes nothing

nothing wrong with that. munch munch munch

First page Previous page 1 ... 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 ... 1803 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook